It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooters in Colorado School Were Transgender, Trump-Hating, Democrats Who Love Obama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This may turn out to be another preventable tragedy, where authorities dropped the ball.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't know what they put in the water in America, but your opinionated media is bogus.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Good ol USA, guns for all, the article suggets they 'hated' someone and shown 'extemism', and people wonder why other nations think there is an over saturation of firearms in the US, what do the checks involve "are you American?, then you get a gun, its your birthright"

Guns and civilised society dont mix, it would appear people get all angsty and start shooting at what they dont like, whatever their political persuasion they believed guns would resolve their problem which clearly shows immaturity but in the eyes of the US law, they get a gun.

Another sad day as a non US national reading about more Americans killing each other, my sympathy for the families devstated by this gun crime

Well if we banned them, we'd just end up with a knife problem..

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

So you're happy they weren't right wing mentalist, though the hoop-jumping to paint them as democrats is glaring.

When an unambiguous right wing fool shoots up a place, suddenly 'there are crazies from both sides'

Sure 2 teens were staunch democrats that's why they wanted to kill people and Obama just for kicks

You sound unhappy that they weren't.

And why not? We're always discussing the lack of mental health treatment, and what two better candidates? A registered Democrat and a Transgender.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Now Now , Let's Not Judge them to Harshly . Just some Misdiagnosed Individuals that's All .......

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: odzeandennz

This place has turned into a sewer.

I still remember some of your posts in the Obama era, don't even play.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I do not think these shooters represent the average democrat anymore than other shooters represent republicans.

Both sides need to not use murderers to political benefit by attacking the other side.

I agree, but you know damn well if there's even a remote possibility that someone committing a crime like this can be tied to Trump or his base in any way, the MSM, the left, and the usual suspects here will jump on it without a second thought.

Recall the Christchurch massacre. Was perpetrated against Muslims, ergo, inspired by Trump/Pol/base etc. Read the manifesto, and you've no clue what the guy stood for, just that he wanted to cause chaos.

But until people find a treatment for their TDS, I say fight fire with fire. Its about the only thing they understand anymore, in my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I'm confused why so many people choose to spend their time in a quote SEWER.

It says more about those that choose to linger in such a horrible place than it does about the place itself.

Its only a sewer when its a topic they can't rail against, but must also acknowledge.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The number of young people involved in these mass shootings are increasing and schools are often where these incidents occur. But why? Everyone wants to find some kind of reason for this but there are no reports on what motivates these shooters when they live and are caught. I often think bullying amplified by social media may be the reason when I hear about these rampages, however . . .

I was having a visit with a conspiracy minded buddy of mine today when we heard about it on the local TV news at noon. He immediately brought up how pretty much all the most popular online video games are 1st person shooter style games. He introduced me to Fortnight when it was in beta version, I guess it has become hugely popular since then, and used that as one example.

For some reason I have totally ignored the idea that violent video games are likely connected to violent behavior in today's youth. I guess I've heard so many people defending video gaming that I blank the idea out. I know that as a kid myself, some 40+ years ago, the "3 Stooges" and "Big Time Wrestling" were bad influences, but nothing like the violence involved in these shootings. I was in my 20s when I had access to video games that were 1st person shooter, like Castle Wolfenstein, and there were some sick ones back then if you could get them. Later, I often enjoyed Postal II. None of that was very realistic or online. It does make me wonder if there is any merit to the idea that realistic online video games could be one of the main causal influences of these incidents.

ETA: Our conversation made me think about how it would have gone down back in my old school days. If you wanted revenge, you'd target your person of interest. You'd jump them after school and beat them down or more likely you'd vandalize or steal something they own that they place value on. The idea of bringing a gun to school and shooting up the place never entered our minds ever.

My theory:

Too much emphasis on "you're special".
Parents not parenting anymore. Perpetuating the emphasis on "you're special".
Zero tolerance in schools when it comes to defending yourself from an instigator.
Teachers bringing their personal bias into the classroom, regardless of ideology, where it should not be.
Lack of belief in something greater. Just taught that the world is s*** and they're f***** from the get go.
Stuck in that environment from k-12, then told to go to college, where its more of the same.

People snap.

edit on 9-5-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Hey Wardaddy454 , Most People Wished they could be " Quoted " for saying Something Profound , and that makes other People Stop and just Think for a Minute . Others who just Lack Original Thought become Mimics , they would have to do some " Hard Work " otherwise ..........)..........

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You mean like when some people complain about a xuenchen thread getting stars and flags, they wish it were them instead?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Your pepper ain't got no sneeze unless you call the poster "pumpkin" or "puddin'".

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I don't know what they put in the water in America, but your opinionated media is bogus.

It's always been that way. In the old days, we called it "yellow journalism," but it's all the same thing. Media outlets trying to make money by triggering your emotional responses. That's how the Spanish-American War happened, among others.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

But I'm worried most about the transgender,Trump-Hating, democrats-who-love-Obama backlash.

edit on 9-5-2019 by TheSteppenwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Tell that to the Venezuelans who are disarmed, except for the left who keep murdering protesters alongside the left-wing dictatorship...

Tell that to Mexicans, who have no right to own a firearm as their left-wing government disarmed them, yet Mexico is less safe than the U.S. not to mention the higher murder rate in Mexico. Not that long ago 2 criminals from a drug cartel went to a party and murdered 14 people with firearms, including kids... How did the "disarmament of civilians" stop such crimes?... It didn't, it just made crimes worse.

edit on 9-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Lmao... No wonder it's not all over the left wing mentally ill news.

This is what's #ed up here I the USA, the propaganda is #ing insane and real, and Democrats don't see it.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Not that long ago 2 criminals from a drug cartel went to a party and murdered 14 people with firearms, including kids... How did the "disarmament of civilians" stop such crimes?... It didn't, it just made crimes worse.

I bet the firearms they used were probably originally legally purchased in the US by some rwnj... It's the circle of life.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Shouldn’t you lefties be condemning the left wing extremist attacks? Rather than being annoyed right wingers are calling out the harmful political propaganda from the left wing MSM

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Not that long ago 2 criminals from a drug cartel went to a party and murdered 14 people with firearms, including kids... How did the "disarmament of civilians" stop such crimes?... It didn't, it just made crimes worse.

I bet the firearms they used were probably originally legally purchased in the US by some rwnj... It's the circle of life.

So you admit that gun laws don't prevent people from stealing a gun.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Great question and one I have been asking to the void for some time.

What has happened in the last few years (15, 20, or so) to bring about this need to shoot up a school?

Teenagers have always been angsty and they bully each other. Firearms have more restrictions now then there have ever been. The stigma against seeking help for mental health is dying. Isn't this supposed to be the most "woke" time in American history?

So...what is it?!?!?! IDK

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join