It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Barr: House votes to hold US Attorney General in contempt

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No, I've been presented with arguments that aren't credible and are unconvincing. I know what I saw and heard with my own eyes, and no amount of gaslighting is going to change that.

I stand by my statement that Barr failed to show up at the House of Representatives because he was too afraid of being questioned by the lawyer, who was going to expose him for his dishonesty, and more.

Barr chose between getting caught lying to Congress or being charged with contempt. He chose contempt.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No, I've been presented with arguments that aren't credible and are unconvincing. I know what I saw and heard with my own eyes, and no amount of gaslighting is going to change that.

I stand by my statement that Barr failed to show up at the House of Representatives because he was too afraid of being questioned by the lawyer, who was going to expose him for his dishonesty, and more.

Barr chose between getting caught lying to Congress or being charged with contempt. He chose contempt.

Yes just like you were convinced about the Russia collusion lie

I would be happy to politely debate you on any thread if n Barr lying, or via video or any other method you would chose

You have no proof Barr lied

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah, we do. We have Barr's April 9th and 10th testimony, we have Mueller's letter, and we have Barr's May 1st testimony.

No thank you to on the debate offer. You conflate opinions with facts, and opinions can't be debated.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yeah, we do. We have Barr's April 9th and 10th testimony, we have Mueller's letter, and we have Barr's May 1st testimony.

No thank you to on the debate offer. You conflate opinions with facts, and opinions can't be debated.

Hahahaha

Well if you just want to keep repeating to yourself Barr lied with no proof that’s your perogative

But I can see it for what it is, just like the Russia collusion lie

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

One order of KFC to go please!

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So, will you admit some of the Democrats on this committee are incompotent? (maybe even quite a few) They are LAWMAKERS, but you say AG Barr is smarter than the folks that make the law.

So you admit they are incompotent.

You think this is GOOD?

smh
edit on 8-5-2019 by thedigirati because: I can and you can't

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Was it your diaper that you dropped on the tv?
It was along party lines. I know I'm shocked too!!

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Barr lied to Congress under oath,

No he didn't.

then he obstructed justice when he ignored the House of the Representatives and failed to appear,

No he didn't.

because he was too afraid to be questioned by a lawyer with lawyerly questions.

No he wasn't.

That's why they voted to hold Barr in "contempt". The obstruction of justice charges are piling up on this administration.
No they didn't.

See, I don;t have to prove anything, since I KNOW these answers are facts.

Prove me wrong!

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: butcherguy
And Trump has claimed executive privilege, per DOJ request.
FOX News

President Trump asserted executive privilege on Wednesday in a bid to protect Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s unredacted report and underlying documents from subpoena by the House Judiciary Committee. The president’s move came after the Justice Department, late Tuesday night, requested that the House Judiciary Committee postpone a scheduled vote on to hold Attorney General Bill Barr in contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena to provide the Mueller files to the panel. The Justice Department warned that if the committee did not postpone the vote, the attorney general would recommend that Trump claim executive privilege over the materials.

That's pretty weak, not to mention desperate!

And when Obama did the same?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm new here.

Can you point out in these testimonies and letters where the Attorney General lied about anything.

I watch his appearances pretty closely and he has been very careful with his words.

Thank you in advance for your response.....

Lol
edit on 8-5-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How many remember this from July 2018?

House conservatives have filed articles of impeachment in an effort to oust Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, the overseer of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.
Source: www.politico.com...

Most people don't, because the mainstream media only covered it as a footnote. And those little footnotes were supporting Rod Rosenstein.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nobody went to read it because they know that they wouldn't be able to keep their mouths shut and leaked it, and then we would have known who the leaker was.
They can't even trust themselves to keep a secret

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Youre quite literally wrong every time you make statements like this and accusations.

Not one single time, in any thread, in all of the years you have been here, have any of your accusations or predictions turned up right.

You would think, at some point, given your horrible track record, you would reflect and take a look at WHY that is.

But your own personal delusions about your intellect and ability to parse data, are SO complete, that you just simply cant fathom doing so.

Your wrong so often that if you were a meteorologist, you would be fired, and theyre wrong a majority of the time.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And those parts are redacted, correct? With all the goings on it is hard to keep up with it all. I wonder about that law quoted above if sharing grand jury information with congress is included in the not sharing part. In any event Butch thankyou for sharing that with me from last August, seems so long ago. If that law does include congress then I guess that those redacted parts should not be made open to them.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

They also delayed due to her "fear" of flying apart from vacation and due to her? representative not telling her the committee would come her.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: CynConcepts

They also delayed due to her "fear" of flying apart from vacation and due to her? representative not telling her the committee would come her.

Yeah that was sooo dramatic 🤣

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
Big deal. Isn't Eric Holder still in contempt? and Janet Reno?

Democrats better start coming up with policy positions that are better than Trump if they think anyone is going to vote for them in 2020.

This crap is so old

As I recall Obama used executive privilege to bury it after Holder was found in contempt of Congress. Yes, Obama and the DOJ did that.

It was pretty similar to today's nonsense.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

...This means that Barr was aware of Mueller’s response to his summary, which contradicts his testimony to the House Appropriations Committee that he did not know if Mueller disagreed with his characterization of the report. [Politico / Heather Caygle and Andrew Desiderio]

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Barr had “lied to Congress” and committed a “crime,” during her weekly press conference on Thursday. [NBC News / Rebecca Shabad]
Other Democrats have gone even further and called for Barr to resign, including Sens. Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren. [CNN / Caroline Kelly]

The tension between House Democrats and the White House is escalating rapidly. House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerry Nadler has already threatened to hold Barr in contempt of Congress for not showing up to a hearing with his committee on Thursday and for not meeting his subpoena deadline for an unredacted version of the Mueller report. [Vox / Ella Nilsen]

www.vox.com...

The letter, which Mueller sent Barr in late March after the attorney general released his four page summary of the Special Counsel's investigation, expressed concern that Barr's handling of the report was creating “public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation.” However, when asked by Rep. Charlie Crist in April whether Barr was aware that members of the special counsel's team were dissatisfied with the way Barr represented their findings, Barr denied it.

"There's no both sides-ism. He was asked a direct question and he lied," Kayyem said.
"[Barr] was in possession of a letter in which Mueller expressed concerns about the four pager and representations of the report. [Barr] said no, he was unaware. That is a lie," she continued.

Democratic Sen. Mazie Hirono told Barr Wednesday that she believed he lied to Congress and should resign. Kayyem echoed the sentiment that Barr deliberately misled Congress.
www.wgbh.org...

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

well, none of that exonorates the commitee, so I presume you agree they are incompotent.

right?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Barr was asked two relevant questions

One, did mueller disagree with Barr’s conclusions

Barr said not that he was aware of. Muellers letter does not say he disagrees with the conclusions, and Barr says his phone call with mueller showed mueller did agree with the conclusions but wanted Barr to release more

So Barr didn’t lie here

The second question was if Barr was aware of people and n muellers team having problems with the accuracy of Barr’s letter and wanted him to release more

Barr said no

This also is not a lie, as Barr still was not aware of people on muellers teams concerns; he was aware only of mueller, and with mueller it had nothing to do with accuracy as mueller agreed what Barr’s letter said didn’t have inaccuracies

So Barr didn’t lie

Of course you have been shown this but chose to ignore it because it doesn’t fit your narrative

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join