It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Barr: House votes to hold US Attorney General in contempt

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Mueller seemed to suggest in his report that Trump did obstruct justice, however, it was up to Congress to impeach if they wanted to. The Democrats are just doing their job, and Trump is still trying to obstruct. He is acting like he has a lot to hide, and he is abusing his power worse than Obama.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

For the record: I am not a big fan of Trump.

Barr is the victim of propaganda driven mass delusions. The rise of Hitler's Germany was the last time these kinds of mass delusions overrode law and order, and people's sense of decency. CNN and MSNBC and the rest of Trump's unhinged critics can't cope with the reality of Muller's findings. They have or had a religious like beliefs in Mueller recommending Trump's impeachment and a vast illegal non existent collusion conspiracy. The debunking of their crazy religious zealousness towards Nazi type propaganda has sent Trump's detractors over the edge.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

That's so cool that you have the tag to post as a member, I didn't know that was a thing. Moderators around here definitely try to swing the discussion one way or the other, I haven't seen anyone else use that tag.

My understanding of the tag is: mods who mod the Forums they are replying in use the tags and recuse themselves from moderating in the thread.
They tend not to use them outside of that purpose, as all mods are members first and foremost.

On topic of thread:
I do not think this will work out for the Democrats the way they think it will.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Mueller seemed to suggest in his report that Trump did obstruct justice, however, it was up to Congress to impeach if they wanted to. The Democrats are just doing their job, and Trump is still trying to obstruct. He is acting like he has a lot to hide, and he is abusing his power worse than Obama.

Suggestions are not facts though.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Proof of abusing power worse than Obama ?

Or just feels man?
edit on 11-5-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Like where man.

Like where?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
William Barr was greeted in this morning's White House cabinet meeting with a standing ovation.

Link to video? Would love to see that...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Nadler asked Barr to seek the order. He asked the DOJ to seek the order.

Barr disagreed that he needed it, so why should he do Nadlers work for him.

If Nadler wants it, and Barr disagrees with his reasons, it is incumbent on Nadler to ask the court, not Barr.

Barr is not Nadlers lackey either.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

www.cbsnews.com...

this article lists the requests made to the DOJ by Nadler.

Nadler doesn't need help from the DOJ - he can file the request himself. Why would the DOJ help him if they disagree with the reasons he is requesting it?

You're Welcome.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
However I still do not see as this pertains as where is the grand jury here. Mueller and his unit were not a grand jury but rather an investigative arm of the judiciary.

Yes, but during their investigations, they impaneled grand juries, and that grand jury testimony is in the report?

Were you really unaware of that??

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

No I haven't. Not by anyone with a credible argument. Barr lied, misled and was purposefully less than candid.

You are a liar.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No, I've been presented with arguments that aren't credible and are unconvincing.

Said the flat earther to the sane person trying to explain round earth theory to them.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

"
You have no proof Barr lied
"

Yeah, we do. We have Barr's April 9th and 10th testimony, we have Mueller's letter, and we have Barr's May 1st testimony.

By all means, lay it out. Use precise quotes of exactly who said what and when.

I'll happily prove you wrong again.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
As I recall Obama used executive privilege to bury it after Holder was found in contempt of Congress. Yes, Obama and the DOJ did that.

It was pretty similar to today's nonsense.

Yeah - interestingly, Clinton (Bill) apparently holds the record for claiming Executive Privilege.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Scepticaldem

No.

You must make the effort to put this in your words, not quote someone else who is lying about it.

You state the date something was said, what, exactly was said, then the date that something contrary was said, and what, exactly, was said, and why it is contradictory.

I'll save you the trouble - you can't do it.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
All I have to say is: what is so incriminating in this report that they're going through such trouble to protect it?

Stupid is as stupid does.

They are following the law. Releasing the grand jury would violate the law.

Do you expect them to just violate the law because you want them to?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
You want proof this was a farce? Look up what went on when the house thought they were off camera.

Link please? I have some time to kill and need entertainment...

Thanks!

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Mueller seemed to suggest in his report that Trump did obstruct justice,

No, he simply outlined some actions, that could/might, under certain circumstances, rise to the level of obstruction, but declined to go out on a limb and make a declination/prosecution decision, so...

however, it was up to Congress to impeach if they wanted to.

No, what he did was his job. He delivered the final report to his boss, the AG (not Congress), and deferred to him on any declination/prosecution decisions on obstruction.

Barr (and RR) quickly and rightly determined none of the actions taken by Trump rose to the level of obstruction.

CASE CLOSED.

The Democrats are just doing their job,

No, the Dems are just engaging in more TDS behavior because ... they are TDS sufferers.

and Trump is still trying to obstruct. He is acting like he has a lot to hide, and he is abusing his power worse than Obama.

Not even close.

But I'll listen. What, exactly, has Trump done in the last 180 days that you claim is an abuse of power, or proves or even suggests he is hiding anything?
edit on 17-5-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yes, thank you tans. This was brought to my attention by someone who replied prior to you.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The facts are laid out quite plainly. Really quite plainly.

And if he cant indict he cant lay out a direct charge either because trump couldnt defend himself in court if he cant be indicted. It would be unfair to say yes he broke such and such.....

Mueller did say that if he could exonerate the president he would... he just couldn't.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

because the DOJ is supposed to be non partisan thats why.

Barr is not trumps lawyer.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join