It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Barr: House votes to hold US Attorney General in contempt

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This all boils down to one thing

The House claims Mueller wrote a letter advising he didn't agree with Barrs summary of the report.
Barr says he spoke with Mueller (with multiple witnesses in the room) and Mueller didn't agree with the media's presentation of his summary

So, why hasn't Mueller gone on the record and simply said '' Barr isn't telling the truth, i didn't agree with his letter ''
He's eerily silent.. and he could condemn Barr with a simple statement. but he hasn't, because Barr's telling the truth

.. and I need to say, the House (and Nadler in particular) have made multiple false accusations in order to destroy valid aspects of many things in order to smear Trump and his administration as much as possible. So this just appears to be another attempt by the psychotic democratic left to do anything possible to win 2020.

edit on 8/5/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CynConcepts

I'm sorry/not sorry to disagree with you and Gambler. It makes sense to have an attorney do the questioning when the AG is trying to walk back lies, bad faith and the lack of candor of his previous testimonies.

Barr knew he couldn't legalese his way out of lawyerly questions, and faced lying further, therefore facing charges perjury and possible impeachment, or obstruction of justice charges for ignoring the summons. He chose obstruction, that's what he's getting.

I'm sorry, but arent a lot of the representatives lawyers or former lawyers? Are they that incompetent that they cant ask their own questions?

well they are pretty incompetent.....so never mind

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
All I have to say is: what is so incriminating in this report that they're going through such trouble to protect it?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
All I have to say is: what is so incriminating in this report that they're going through such trouble to protect it?

Separate ongoing grand jury investigation details that are unrelated to Trump, his organization, or his family. Which, if you understood the law, is ILLEGAL to reveal until the investigations are over.

But, when has legally meant anything to the Democratic despots that assume guilty until proven innocent?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Thats not why Barr refused to appear.
It had to do with being questioned by congressional staff and lawyers.
See Rachel Mitchell Maryland prosecutor who questioned Christine Blasey Ford just a few short months ago.

You really went there?

How in your mind do you equate Blasey Ford with the Attorney General
Of The United States? Well, obviously you do, but lets hear you
explain it for us.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

For the record: I am not a big fan of Trump.

Barr is the victim of propaganda driven mass delusions. The rise of Hitler's Germany was the last time these kinds of mass delusions overrode law and order, and people's sense of decency. CNN and MSNBC and the rest of Trump's unhinged critics can't cope with the reality of Muller's findings. They have or had a religious like beliefs in Mueller recommending Trump's impeachment and a vast illegal non existent collusion conspiracy. The debunking of their crazy religious zealousness towards Nazi type propaganda has sent Trump's detractors over the edge.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Trump's detractors are peddling a lunatic conspiracy theory to smear and slander Barr. Trashing Barr's reputation is the last hope of Comey and his cohorts and Hillary Clinton puppets hope of avoiding criminal prosecutions. As for the lunatic conspiracy theory: The idea of Barr's summary of the Mueller report not accurately reflecting the contents is illogical. Subsequently, the Mueller report was made public minus reductions required by law and matters relating to ongoing investigations. So, the idea of Barr misleading the public or hiding information later on released in the Mueller Report is nuts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9-5-2019 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

grand jury information protected from decimation by law

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Obviously nothing, as the full report was made available and no one chose to see it.

Do you not get tired of these posturing dog and pony shows?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Thats not why Barr refused to appear.
It had to do with being questioned by congressional staff and lawyers.
See Rachel Mitchell Maryland prosecutor who questioned Christine Blasey Ford just a few short months ago.

You really went there?

How in your mind do you equate Blasey Ford with the Attorney General
Of The United States? Well, obviously you do, but lets hear you
explain it for us.

she saw with her own eye kavanaugh spike the punch bro...
poundhertoo bro

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Its referred to in the report in the redacted portions that say HOM harmful to ongoing matters...

And I understand a lot but I dont understand why you have to insult people to make a point.. eg... fat jerry...
Also... I do not yammer.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Its referred to in the report in the redacted portions that say HOM harmful to ongoing matters...

if they are redacted how did you read them?

And I understand a lot but I dont understand why you have to insult people to make a point.. eg... fat jerry...

orange man bad is ok but fat jerry is out of bounds? mkay what ever you say

Also... I do not yammer.

see the quoted material above, top notch yammering

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Also... I do not yammer.

Silly is receiving leaks. She claims to know what is in the redacted portions of the Mueller report.

#sourcessay

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

No, I've been presented with arguments that aren't credible and are unconvincing. I know what I saw and heard with my own eyes, and no amount of gaslighting is going to change that.

I stand by my statement that Barr failed to show up at the House of Representatives because he was too afraid of being questioned by the lawyer, who was going to expose him for his dishonesty, and more.

Barr chose between getting caught lying to Congress or being charged with contempt. He chose contempt.

You want proof this was a farce? Look up what went on when the house thought they were off camera.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

“Just joined the #walkout of the House chamber to protest the shameful, politically-motivated GOP vote holding AG [Eric] Holder in contempt,” Nadler tweeted in 2012.

Thank you fat jerry!
Thank you for the demonstration on why no one should vote for the current democratic party.
You put partisan politics and holding on to power before the interests of the american people.
I very much appreciate your efforts to torpedo the dnc!
edit on 9/5/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hey, I just had to respond, as a citizen of the United States, that I have never met a single person who says they want a monarchy / king, instead of a president.

We fought a war to escape from that kind of government, after all. (and won!)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

For the record: I am not a big fan of Trump.

Barr is the victim of propaganda driven mass delusions. The rise of Hitler's Germany was the last time these kinds of mass delusions overrode law and order, and people's sense of decency. CNN and MSNBC and the rest of Trump's unhinged critics can't cope with the reality of Muller's findings. They have or had a religious like beliefs in Mueller recommending Trump's impeachment and a vast illegal non existent collusion conspiracy. The debunking of their crazy religious zealousness towards Nazi type propaganda has sent Trump's detractors over the edge.

That's so cool that you have the tag to post as a member, I didn't know that was a thing. Moderators around here definitely try to swing the discussion one way or the other, I haven't seen anyone else use that tag.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The worst conspiracy theories I have come across relate to Barr and the Mueller Report. The same goes for the (treasonable) Trump - Russian collusion delusion. Although, the nutty claims around Barr and the Mueller Report represent a new absurd low. Anti- Trump propaganda knows no boundaries.

After WW1, Germany clung to the idea of Jews and Communists betrayed their country. This takes the place of the reality of Germany's defeat. In the present, Trump's detractors are similarly disconnected from reality. They are permitting a dangerous myth to take hold, and permitting the rise of Nazi type political figures.

Conspiracy theories are often perceived as more attractive than less "sexy" historical bureaucratic failings. (Pearl Harbor conspiracies fit into this category). However, anti-Trump conspiracies are driven by darker forces. Hillary Clinton and her propaganda ministries (CNN, MSNBC and co) can't accept they don't have a divine right to rule their country. Their insane obsession with power and anti democratic forces is pushing the U.S. towards a second Civil War.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Holder was petrified and angry when republicans held him in contempt of Congress.

On the other hand, Barr laughed at today's crop of desperate/failing Democrats.

Barr laughed at Nadler and the Dems Thursday during Rod Rosenstein’s farewell ceremony.

‘This must be a record of Attorney General being proposed for contempt within 100 days of taking office,” Barr said laughing.
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Everyone keeps bringing up how the full un-redacted report was offered and it being declined is some sort of strike against Dems.

I noticed that every time that point is made, the fact that it’s contents were absolutely useless was ignored.

It’d be like if Obama offered to show Trump his actual birth certificate but Trump wasn’t allowed to talk about it to anyone afterwards. It could show he was 100% Kenyan and it would be useless.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join