It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has his base for 2020...and more.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Even demi God Obama lost congress with 90% media praise and without a 2 year investigation over nothing. Blame the media if he gets 4 more years

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Another big court win. Getting over 100 Judges appointed (thus far) is paying off!

The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals handed President Trump's administration a win on Tuesday after it ruled the government can send asylum-seekers back to Mexico to wait for a court to adjudicate their petitions.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I voted for Trump - - I won't be doing so in 2020 unless something changes drastically in the next year, which I don't anticipate happening. That does not mean I'll be voting for a Democrat though.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

Such as?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

edit on 8-5-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Apparently Mitch McConnell has other plans for the GOP and trump may not be included.

The old gravedigger rears his ugly head once again....

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Apparently Mitch McConnell has other plans for the GOP and trump may not be included.

The old gravedigger rears his ugly head once again....

what plans would those be?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
He certainly has my vote, unless a suitable candidate runs against him.

Haven’t seen one yet, and I sincerely doubt I will.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

How many unsuitable candidates have you voted for before 2020 ?

Curious minds would like to know.

And does it matter that you vote for this guy in particular? Who cares?

I only care why you will vote for him. That is all that really matters.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Primarily I would like to see him address the healthcare industry, which was a major part of his platform that then curiously disappeared once elected. To me that is THE issue that matters when it comes to the future of this country - - if we don't prosecute fraud, racketeering, price fixing, etc. within the healthcare industry, we are going to be in quite a financial mess by 2024 - that industry already robs the public of several trillion per year yet most people sit, cheer it on and want more of it. It is a felony to restrain trade and attempt to monopolize or fix prices among people who are supposed to be competing. The medical industry does it every single day without fear of penalty or prosecution - - you or I do the things they do and we end up in jail.

I voted for him b/c I felt there was small chance he'd actually address it. I gave Hillary a 0% chance of addressing it. I'm now convinced Trump has no desire to do so. The rule of law is a thing of the past.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. The issue is Congress not Trump. There have been multiple bills put forth, some that have even passed the House but the Senate is not allowing the changes needed to go through. Their pockets are so lined they are voting against party. The issue is that the ACA promised big pharma and medical companies subsidies every year no matter what. Trump wants to remove those so the drug companies use the scare tactic of the price will go up if we do not get federal funds.

He is also working against the out of network billing issues as well as making drug prices public.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said the Trump administration has finalized regulations that will require drug companies to disclose list prices of medications costing more than $35 for a month's supply.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

Seems simple enough doesn't it?
Last novembers midterms should have done that but voters spoke.

Yes, it is very simple - the result was an underwhelmingly average result for a mid-term election.

When you add in the fact that any election overwhelmingly favors the incumbent, and in 2018, over 40 House Republicans decided to retire, it makes the dems paltry pick-ups look oh-so-much worse.

I too can't wait for Nov 2020...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If ATS is any indication of Trump's base then God help us all, we are in for a rough few years. When you have two extremist camps building up pressure over a few years on social media it will eventually boil over and the aftermath will be ugly.

Those in power have really taken us out to the woodshed with their propaganda and false narratives over the past few years. The Russia thing (served on a silver platter by the media) has divided us so deeply, it has served its purpose perfectly. And all these politicians in the spotlight? Playing their parts perfectly, that's why they're paid the big bucks by the lobbyists.

Democrat vs. Republican, you'd think people would have wised up to their tactics by now but apparently not.

The same logic goes for the base of the left, they're just as scary if not moreso than those on the right.

People are addicted to drama (thanks to the popularity and rise of "reality TV"), those in power and in the media have been more than happy t spoon-feed us our two minutes of hate on a regular basis. Such deep division yet people are blind to their own manipulation.
edit on 9-5-2019 by IndependentThought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Trump has the ability to demand that the AG prosecute every felonious jackwad in the healthcare industry that robs the american public daily - I'm talking handcuffs and jail time - - a real deterrent. Not slap on the wrist fines. He chooses not to demand that of his AG. That's on Trump. It's not a difficult fix to make - - but it's very difficult politically b/c it would cause an immediate recession/depression b/c GDP would take a huge hit if healthcare went from roughly 20% of GDP back to its historical 3-4%. But I'd argue the economy would come roaring back in very short time - - not worth the risk politically though.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

President Trump also has the authority to call the Marines into congress with cots and not let congress leave until border laws gets done.

The left would scream "dictator" in a split second too.

It's the same reason the investigation into "Russsia gate" on the left has not proceded, the left would scream "dictator"

even though it is his right to do so the left screamed "obstruction" for firing Comey, even though the left said he should be fired

Now that the witchhunt is over it wont be "obstruction" to bring charges on the FBI,NSA,CIA. Now it's not OBSTRUCTION.

2020 will be the second "route" for the Denmocrats, I hope it kills for party....

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Again, it is the House and the liberal judges who he is trying to replace who are not letting things move forward. Trump afraid? He signed the travel ban a week into office.
It was finally upheld at the Supreme Court level.

His plans are being obstructed it is not from lack of trying. Even if he signs an EO it is not the same as past administrations.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ignoring, as is your want, that the gains in the House were less, that's less than, the historical average, and the Dems lost seats in the Senate.

Clear evidence of what??

That maybe, just maybe, Trump and his policies aren't as unpopular as you hope and pray they are.

But, 2020 will tell the tale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join