It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Responds to Iran's 'Credible Threat' of 'Readiness' with Nuclear Bombers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Always quick to show force or intimidated small and poor countries.

Why are we doing this again? Anyone asking?

I think it is the national pastime of the country. Plus, every so often a war, which makes certain people rich, breaks out.

I thought that was Germany's national pastime?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
People should pay more attention than to just the MSM. Every four to six months a new group of bombers rotates to the UAE and takes over the air support mission over Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently it's B-1s, but guess when they arrived in theater.

That makes sense that the media is knowingly pushing this as it will get more clicks... But the current admin is running that narrative, likely to scare Iran after their announcement they will resume enrichment in 60 days if the global community doesn't shield them from some of the sanctions.

The situation isn't keen seeing as Bolton believes military intervention is the only way to stop the inevitable.

The inescapable conclusion is that Iran will not negotiate away its nuclear program. Nor will sanctions block its building a broad and deep weapons infrastructure. The inconvenient truth is that only military action like Israel’s 1981 attack on Saddam Hussein’s Osirak reactor in Iraq or its 2007 destruction of a Syrian reactor, designed and built by North Korea, can accomplish what is required. Time is terribly short, but a strike can still succeed.
From his NYT op-ed

I agree with your sentiment in another thread that this happens quite often and it's unlikely something will come from it. But if they do begin enriching again, Israel will apply some added pressure to the situation.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Always quick to show force or intimidated small and poor countries.

Why are we doing this again? Anyone asking?

I think it is the national pastime of the country. Plus, every so often a war, which makes certain people rich, breaks out.

I thought that was Germany's national pastime?

I believe they fell to the 3rd or 4th spot.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Of course they are. Never pass up an opportunity. Pushing a hard line here gets their numbers up with a couple of different crowds. It's far from the first time a politician has used a nothing event to push an agenda. Hell, I watched a politician on Guam call for increased military forces after two Bear bombers entered the Guam ADIZ. It was reported, with a straight face, that they were nuclear armed, and flew directly over the island.
edit on 5/8/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join