It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lost $1.17 Billion between 1985 and 1994

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not justification so much as confirmation. Trump cares about Trump and no one else. Loose other people's money then write it off so you don't have to pay taxes on your own income.
edit on 5/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Phage

Sure that's a lot of people.

And 9.5 billion is a lot of revenue for one year. Isn't it?

It is my mistake, but you can't convince me you care a crap about 22k. You like so many others look for the failures as some form of justification, for what I don't know.

The inability of the left to allow anyone with a different political opinion than theirs from being in power...

The left/globalists were so close in destroying the U.S. and convert it into a banana republic, in which "political opposition to the left is criminalized," that they could taste it.... But the voters and Trump took them by surprise. So the left/globalists used every dirty and illegal tactic to try to depose the duly elected POTUS, and in the meanwhile they continue with their draconian campaign of "criminalizing political opposition to the left..."

These aholes still can't believe that after all the dirty and illegal tactics they used to try to get the Russian colluder Hillary in power, that in the end they lost. So now they try to drown the U.S. with illegal immigrants to try to drown the votes of the right and independents...

Every one of them who was part of this plot belongs in prison, as well as leftists who continue to try to create a "race war," meanwhile they are the ones committing "fake race incidents" because not enough "real racist incidents" are occurring for their plans to come to fruition.

edit on 9-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment and excerpt.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

That was then and this is now. I only care about all the good things I see him doing now. People change over time.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Not justification so much as confirmation. Trump cares about Trump and no one else. Loose other people's money then write it off so you don't have to pay taxes on your own income.

RIIIIght...that's why he is giving away his salary... That's why he has done more good for the U.S. and it's people, including ALL minorities, than Obama or any other POTUS before him, except the Founding Fathers.

BTW, Facebook, google and other "liberal groups" have been caught not paying their "due taxes..."

Facebook Doesn't Pay Taxes On Its Profits: So What?

Did You Pay Your Taxes? Apple and Google Didn't

Amazon Will Pay a Whopping $0 in Federal Taxes on $11.2 Billion Profits

So I guess every liberal/leftist really only cares about anyone but yourselves... More so when the economy under POTUS Trump is better than ever, we have the lowest unemployment in decades, the highest amount of people with jobs in decades, the highest amount of minorities with jobs, the least amount of people having to resort to food stamps, the majority of the people get paid more, etc, etc, etc...

But Phage" and other leftists want to claim POTUS Trump doesn't care for anyone, despite the fact that he ran for POTUS knowing something like this would happen, instead of being everyone's friends, including most leftists...

Trump has received various medals for people he has helped, such as the Jewish community, and the left has gone so far as to call him "anti-semite" for DARING to criticize none other than Soros...

Talking about "Soros..."

Democrats’ Biggest Donor Has Refused to Pay $7 Billion in U.S. Taxes He Owes (WHOA!)

Then there are Soros' attempt to convert the U.S. into a banana republic because he LOVED becoming rich with the help of the "real nazis in Germany..."

That's not mentioning the fact that before Trump ran for POTUS the left "loved him" for the most part, but when he ran as Republican they all changed tune...

But according to "Phage" POTUS Trump doesn't care for anyone else...

edit on 9-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

That was then and this is now. I only care about all the good things I see him doing now. People change over time.

That's not mentioning the fact that failure is the teacher of every successful person. You just need to succeed once, but to get there most people fail several times... But of course, the left has to use this against Trump to try to claim he shouldn't be POTUS...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Confirmation of what? That he is like any other narcissistic person in politics? We can pick anyone and basically label the same, but I'm not sure how many of these other politicians could hold up to the massive investigations Trump has under gone and survive. Is the left holding Trump to some higher standard that they are unwilling to do the same for anyone else, they should didn't even flinch towards Obama who actually did a good number of illegal actions while in office. Other recent Presidents have cost America 1000s of lives and trillions of wasted dollars and Trump hasn't, but hey its all about Trump.

I can't think of too many in politics that are not the same, so what is your point? If you are looking for some savior you will be looking for a long time. Congress is an excellent example of that as they will vote to preserve their position long before they will actually vote what is best, hence their in the teens ratings for what seems like for decades.

Trump is what he is, but if he does good for the country then so be it. Maybe Trump started some movement where everyone moving forward will be looked at under a micro scope all the way back to 8th grade, not sure if that is best for the country though, AND if that is the case then there are 100s on both sides we are not doing that with that easily meet all kinds of impropriety.

No one on the left waited for trump to do good or bad, it's been a full frontal attack before his first day in office in a effort to take him out any way they can. Looking at coming up on 3 years now NONE of the fears have come to past and the country is doing rather well, so go figure.

edit on 10-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

My point is that Trump is a boastful bloviator who cares only about whats good for Trump. I don't think he's done much of anything in particular that has helped the country on the whole. I think he's done a lot to reduce respect for the leadership of this country in the rest world.

No one on the left waited for trump to do good or bad, it's been a full frontal attack before his first day in office in a effort to take him out any way they can.
Yeah, that happened in 2009 too, but from the other direction.

Looking at coming up on 3 years now NONE of the fears have come to past and the country is doing rather well, so go figure.
Yeah. Because even a fully Republican Congress has managed to keep is baser instincts under control, as have the courts. Cool the way that works.

edit on 5/10/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You read the book? Does it cover the period from 1985?

Can you provide a quote. Just a short one? I'm not going to buy the book.

While it's true his business bankruptcies (starting in 1991, 6 times?) have been common knowledge, the fact that he wrote off loses of "other peoples' money" for tax purposes is what some find concerning. It's the fact that he considers losing other peoples' money to be a good tactic that some find concerning.
edit on 5/10/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

...and Killary lost the election in 2016.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The news doesn't seem to have made a dent in his standing. Which is hardly surprising as by now in this stage of the cycle you are going to be either dead set against or dead set for.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

These aholes still can't believe that after all the dirty and illegal tactics they used to try to get the Russian colluder Hillary in power, that in the end they lost. So now they try to drown the U.S. with illegal immigrants to try to drown the votes of the right and independents...

Every one of them who was part of this plot belongs in prison, as well as leftists who continue to try to create a "race war," meanwhile they are the ones committing "fake race incidents" because not enough "real racist incidents" are occurring for their plans to come to fruition.

It is amazing how they take an absolute blind eye to anything the the left does that in many cases is blatantly wrong and even illegal. They do not even want to admit that there might be some improprieties, and so they either completely ignore it all or just say well Trump...

The whole election scandal from rigging the DNC system to force the popular Sanders out, to the whole email scandal covering a wide number of people, to the Steel dossier, to the handling of the dossier in the FISA court by a fully controlled Obama White House FBI, to deciding to go the direction of spying on the opponent's campaign instead of informing them there might be problems, to secret airplane meetings, so on and so on. We saw it even with the IRS being used as a weapon and Fast and Furious gun running that cost lives...all of this was just part of how Obama/Hillary saw as normal daily operations.

Even after all that we can not find one liberal to even remotely think that any of this is out of place while freaking out that Trump doesn't want to give up his tax returns and a 1000 other nonsensical things about Trump.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

My point is that Trump is a boastful bloviator who cares only about whats good for Trump. I don't think he's done much of anything in particular that has helped the country on the whole. I think he's done a lot to reduce respect for the leadership of this country in the rest world.

We can both agree that Trump bloviates like crazy in his tweets and he is a true showman at his events that drives fact checks crazy as they analyze ever word he says. I can't say I agree with the second part of your statement that he only cares what is good for himself, not sure if the two statements really go together. I could argue that he wants to look so good that he is working tirelessly on achieving that by the success of the country under his leadership.

Has Trump cost America 1000s of un-needed deaths? Has Trump wasted trillions of dollars? Both Obama and Bush did this so Trump has a long way to fall to get to the level of their failures. So maybe fixing some very needed foreign trade agreements that Trump is 100% right on that America is taking it in the shorts for many decades, getting us mostly out of the Middle East, working on the broken legal system, getting hard with China so on and so on that are all very needed things he is working on and seeing success with just might be enough to say he is the best President for many decades.

I feel the left wants to chain him to the ground with their never ending attacks and then say look at how he is failing as he struggles to get out of their chains to do the job given him..lol

8 years under Obama and what did he do to fix the horrible legal system that chews people up that once in you can never get out of it. Trump is looking at overhauling it all and getting people out of jail that really do not need to be there, many are minorities, one would think Obama would have done this. Trump is going after countries that have made homosexuality illegal, once again seems like an Obama type to agenda, but no...

Phage, it seems you are unwilling to accept or at least you want to instantly minimize anything he does that remotely has a look of success to it as it just might taint your narrative that he has done nothing at all for the country good or bad, which by the way just might be the best...better than the last 5+ Presidents.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

He sure employed a #ton of people he did not care about...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

So in other words, you are "ignoring" what POTUS Trump has done for the past 2.5 years... I am sure you "believe" that it was Obama who did all the things POTUS Trump has done... Right Phage?...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The beginning of the book is about what had occurred in the 80s and 90s with the real estate market.

It's what he was coming back from. Hence the title, "The Art of the Comeback".

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Trump has gotten himself to where he is largely by conning other businesses, banks and individuals. He plays on the brand he's created. His whole 'corporate raider' shtick worked at first until people caught on. He routinely misrepresents his wealth as well as his 'deals' in order to keep finding the next pigeon. But back then he could largely stay off the radar. Not so any more and he doens't like it. If his taxes and/or grades ever see the light of day this will all become glaringly evident. He has made his fortune by conning and manipulating people. Read the pro-Trump threads here. It clearly continues.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

So, no facts, just feels, Nice. Feels can work for you or against you.

When I get up in the morning I have a choice, I can say "Damn, what a crappy day" and being the psychic I am, my day will be crappy, conversly, if i wake up and say "Damn it's the best day ever" guess what?

Trump likes to think positive because then positive things happen, even YOU can do this.

My blind 88 year old father says "it's the best day ever" every morning, and in his minds eye, it is.
My father also saved 50 cents of each dollar he has ever made, by knowing what is nice to have and what you need to have, most rich people can make that distiction (if they "made" the monies) poor people and inheritors, not so much

How many of you have a billion $$ to lose, or could lose that much and not "give up"?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: jtma508

So, no facts, just feels, Nice.

It's pretty well established fact that Trump is a con-man:

Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

ut a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades — and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.

Trump’s companies have also been cited for 24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act since 2005 for failing to pay overtime or minimum wage, according to U.S. Department of Labor data. That includes 21 citations against the defunct Trump Plaza in Atlantic City and three against the also out-of-business Trump Mortgage LLC in New York. Both cases were resolved by the companies agreeing to pay back wages.

Trump's 'business model' seems to have been: hire small contractor for big job -> once work is done, refuse to pay -> when small contractor threatens to go to court, pay lawyers to drain contractors cash further -> generate enough lawsuits and claim bankruptcy to get out of paying -> report bankruptcy and all bills as loss and pay no taxes -> repeat

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Obviously you are unawares that people make up claims and start lawsuits against rich people to....get rich themselves...

In case you didn't know there is a major problem with fake "accidents" and lawsuits that are created by unscrupulous people...

In fact most "insurances" are very expensive in major cities, like New York, because of the major problem with "fake lawsuits" that insurances have to pay.

Likewise, rich people like Trump have a large list of people who "want money" and create fake lawsuits to get "money for doing nothing but lie..."

Again, "alleged" doesn't mean "guilty..."

edit on 11-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join