It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lost $1.17 Billion between 1985 and 1994

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Yes DJT is mentioned in some of them.

Indeed he is.

Is Donald a deadbeat? Is Donald a deadbeat? Donald J. Trump's failure to come up with a measly $30 million to pay bondholders at Trump's Castle, which he bought five years ago on amazingly generous, less-than-no-money-down, credit terms, is far from the final chapter of the Trump saga....

I wonder how he managed to get those terms.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. People stopped looking for jobs. Obama and his administration did # for this country. I saw more small to medium sized business closed in 07-16 than I ever did.

No magic wand. He wanted everyone living off and dependent of the government. Obama phones. Obamacare. Free housing.

He did not create jobs. Hell he said they were not there.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I saw more small to medium sized business closed in 07-16 than I ever did.
Yes. The recession began while Bush was in office. But the recovery began before Trump was.

To blame the recession on Bush or credit Trump with the recovery is nonsense.

edit on 5/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The same way many others did in the early to mid 80s. A massive reduction of interest rates and high risk investments pushed in the financial sectors much like in the more recent credit default swaps fiasco.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

The same way many others did in the early to mid 80s.
By lying about their financial situation?

As I recall, mortgage rates were pretty high in those days.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

But the recovery began before Trump was.

Please. You call that little Obama poot a recovery. Obama didn't have the know how.

Trump came in and took control although he had to do it with one hand tied behind his back because of Obama's sabotage as he pranced out the door.

Trump methodically, masterfully, and meticulously put the B in Boom.

It always amazes me how the Dems would rather see our country struggle and fail rather than give President Trump credit for the economic achievements or try to work with him to make it even better. And, I always laugh when I hear someone say this is partially due to Obama's policies. Bullsnip.
edit on 8-5-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I didn't actually mention Obama. What I said was that the economy seems to have taken care of itself. I did show time series of both unemployment rates and GDP.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Obama threw tax payer money at debt. Allowed spending to go rampant but....no jobs. No new jobs at all. Spending was the next stage again with HRC and Trump stopped it. The one thing I can say. We have free elections in the US. We do. No suppression.

There is no magic wand to bring back jobs....WRONG.
You cannot have a stable GDP? WRONG

To say Obama and his administration turned the country around is ridiculous. They tried to buy the vote but too many people saw the ruse.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No new jobs at all.

Stats say unemployment has been declining since the recession. Same stats that Trump uses.

To say Obama and his administration turned the country around is ridiculous.
Thing is, I didn't say that.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I didn't say you mentioned Obama. But, by saying, "The recession began while Bush was in office. But the recovery began before Trump was", common sense just dictated that Obama's 8 years fit in there somewhere.
We didn't jump from Bush to Trump, though if we had, we probably would have been much better off.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Meanwhile, you ignore this post:

The country was turning itself around.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know, the one with the stats.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Everyone hates trump here in the bay area. But most are employed and doing OK. From the Uber driver to the waitress to the tradesman to the can collector. Who gets the credit? I don't know but my Asian neighbor has a trump sign in their window. Seriously, who is responsible?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Slow slow trickle it was. Obama was inept when it came to anything financially related, imo. He was a pretender. Give him a manufactured social justice issue and he could smooth talk the hell out of that! But, financial expertise...not so much. I see you quoted the post that said the economy was turning ITSELF around under Obama. ha!

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So the winning horse at the Kentucky Derby named "Maximum Security" gets taken down and now all of a sudden we get a security breach like this !!

The horse running 2nd named "Country House" ends up winning!!!

Hmmmmmm😎Coincidences

edit on May-08-2019 by xuenchen because: msm banana networks🍌

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I see you quoted the post that said the economy was turning ITSELF around under Obama. ha!

Yes. I said the economy was turning itself around. I did not say that Obama had anything to do with it.

But of course, you claim that Trump did have something to do with a trend which began before he was president?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
Everyone hates trump here in the bay area. But most are employed and doing OK. From the Uber driver to the waitress to the tradesman to the can collector. Who gets the credit? I don't know but my Asian neighbor has a trump sign in their window. Seriously, who is responsible?

It's a style thing, imo. People that focus on emotional hyperbole, especially as it pertains to social justice issues spouted out daily by their congress swampers and the liberal left wing media, don't get Trump.

They don't like his hair, or his tweeting, or his wealth, or his non-politician demeanor, or his lifestyle, or his workaholic schedule, or his matter-of-fact common sense approach to issues, or his management style, or some other silly issue they focus on. People can be very shallow and uninformed and easily manipulated by emotional screeching of their favorite Demwit or news pundit.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Trump's policies absolutely did strengthen the economy and put it on a fast track to a better more robust recovery. I could do a lengthy post and put all the sources and quotes in it, but the website below does a great job in laying it out in a more organized fashion.

www.promiseskept.com...

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Trump's policies absolutely did strengthen the economy and put it on a fast track to a better more robust recovery.

Nah. He just caught a wave that started before he was a gleam in anyone's eye.

Funny how he stopped crowing about the stock market, huh?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
They don't like his hair, or his tweeting, or his wealth, or his non-politician demeanor, or his lifestyle, or his workaholic schedule, or his matter-of-fact common sense approach to issues, or his management style, or some other silly issue they focus on. People can be very shallow and uninformed and easily manipulated by emotional screeching of their favorite Demwit or news pundit.

Um, people take issue with Trump being shallow, uninformed, easily manipulated, and an emotional screecher... for starters.

But hey, it's always a fan-favorite on ATS for the right to define the left in it's own ill-informed reactionary sky-is-falling kinda way. Keep on keeping on.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The NYT is rifling through the tax returns of a private citizen for political dirt. The paper of record is the paper of sleaze. Yet they get applauded while the victim receives unjust treatment.

Warren Buffett’s Berkshire-Hathaway lost 4 billion in one day this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join