It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lost $1.17 Billion between 1985 and 1994

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
What irritates me about all this is that in his explanation and defense he pointed out that these were entitlements he took advantage of and then out of the same mouth criticizes others for using what he deems as entitlement programs even when they actually paid into them.

So, to me that seems very hypocritical and holier than thou of him.

Not at all, as long as you understand that a tax benefit - being able to keep more of what is yours in the first place - is far from the same as an entitlement to something that never was yours to begin with.

What entitlements has he criticized? Be specific.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
the fact that he wrote off loses of "other peoples' money" for tax purposes is what some find concerning. It's the fact that he considers losing other peoples' money to be a good tactic that some find concerning.

Was it illegal? Was it not only legal, but 100% legal and he would be considered stupid not to take advantage of the tax laws as written?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The country is more divided than we have ever been.

you only see it that way because you are one of the 3% suffering from TDS to the point you are totally incapable of thinking in any other way but 'orange man bad'.

Pitiful.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
What irritates me about all this is that in his explanation and defense he pointed out that these were entitlements he took advantage of and then out of the same mouth criticizes others for using what he deems as entitlement programs even when they actually paid into them.

Tax breaks are not entitlements, they are tax breaks. For tax purposes, for a tax break to be even in the same neighborhood as an entitlement (I'm assuming you mean along the lines of food stamps, welfare, etc), it would have to be in the form of a tax credit that would be received even if you didn't owe any taxes.

So, the earned income tax credit (where a welfare queen who doesn't earn enough to even have to file, let alone pay one dime in taxes, still gets a 'tax refund' because of the tax credits. Thankfully Trump tax cuts killed this abomination.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join