It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: “We Cannot Accept A 2nd Term For Donald Trump”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
How far will liberals go to stop trumps second term.

Scary if you think about it.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

It's your personal responsibility to follow the laws of the land, and to follow the rights of what ever society has decided to allow people. And who does the same for you? Just you, or other people?

The concept is going right over your head.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sean
Maybe we ought to complain about putting up with Nancy for 32 years.

The big problem with American politics. Everyone thinks long-term incumbents are the problem, but everyone loves their own representatives.

I'm sure Nancy's constituents love her, same with Sheila Jackson Lee's, and I'll bet they grumble plenty about people like Mitch McConnel or Chuck Grassley while their constituents are the same way in the reverse. Everyone thinks it's an issue, just not with *their* guy or gal.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

If we really couldn't understand that concept, this country would erupt into civil war every single time the opposition party elected their candidate to office, and yet, somehow, it does not.

So clearly, we still respect the rule of law here although certain people who launched a soft coup against the duly elected president seem to have forgotten this aspect.

Look, Donald Trump is no prize. He's personally abrasive and has some objectionable personal traits, but at the same time, I have few complaints with what he's accomplished in office so far. Sometimes, the leaders you get aren't the ones you may want, but they end up being the ones you need.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This is why it's important for people to vote. I laugh Everytime she talks, we wouldn't be surviving much if we had a Democratic president, we would have gone to war with Russia.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Pelosi lies. She is a neoliberal corporate Democrat, functionally a moderate Republican. She would rather Trump win than allow Bernie Sanders to win the nomination, thus the presidency in 2020. Why? Because Bernie will make America greater than it has been since Reagan took office. He will do that by making policy that benefits ALL Americans rather than a few. It's not secret sauce. It's common sense free of corruption. I know there are many here who support Trump and Republicans even though the party has fallen off the alt-right end and do very little to help working joes. I'm not sure how Republicans pulled that off but they are masterful at deceiving their base. But do take the time to look at the things that Bernie champions and how those policies would help Americans like you and me. Put aside the constant bashing that your head is filled with and try to weigh the benefits against the costs, keeping in mind that costs are relative. For example, you might pay more in federal taxes than now, but you have no monthly health insurance and no copayments or maximum out of pocket expenses for more comprehensive coverage where you get to choose the doctors and facilities you prefer for healthcare. The net effect would put you ahead, not to mention that the country will save about $5 trillion over the next decade than what we are now spending; and... EVERYONE would be insured. That's a deal. Period. It does this primarily by cutting out middleman profits which drive up the cost of healthcare. Oh, and ignore that argument about you having to cover people that don't have insurance. Why? Because you already pay for that — every time an uninsured person goes to the Emergency Room, the most expensive healthcare one can receive. Anyhow, that is but one example of how Americans will fare better with Bernie leading the country towards a better life. And, the best part of Bernie of all, IMHO, is that he has been very consistent with his beliefs over his entire adult life. Politicians are notorious for promising us the moon, then reneging once elected. For example, how did Donald's tax cuts work out for you? Did you 80% of the tax cuts went to the super rich? And there will be a $1.4 trillion shortfall that somebody will have to pay for down the road. Guess who will be stuck with that bill? You and me, that's who. I can go on and on about truth over propaganda, but you get the point.

Bernie Sanders' Platform

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course people know the concept. But the notion of your rights are my responsibility puts people into a mental corner. Its reality.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Was it not Joseph Stalin who said that "it does not matter who votes its who counts the votes that matters". The Democrats will stuff ballot boxes, vote dead people, and make last minute rushes to the counting centers with fake disenfranchised ballots. They always have disenfranchised voters to call upon.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa
Wrong. He will steal from those that worked hard to make it. Bernie is a Communist plain and simple. His election will usher in a dystopian nightmare for this great country. No cannot agree with you on this one.

Maybe you are angry that your success is not up to others standards. This is true in most cases. I guess misery loves lots of company. Me personally is that if I fail at one thing damn find another and try harder. I do not want to work hard to be equal at the finish line. I want to work hard but be equal at the starting line because what happens after that is UP TO ME NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think this is exactly what he wants. Double jeopardy.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Says the same people who said Trump needed to Accept Hillary Presidency lolol

Mental illness Democrats

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That old sack of potatoes better hope the left doesn't try their dirty tactics again in 2020.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join