It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Forces Move To Middle East To Confront Growing Iran Threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: airforce47

Iran says it will restart some of its nuclear program and the US can't do anything about it Russia will defend Iran .

I think most people would agree that sanctions are an act of war.
If someone parked their thugs outside my driveway and said I cannot trade or buy from my neighbor, most would agree self defense is warranted.

Building nukes is the only deterrant Iran has left otherwise they will end up like Iraq, Syria and Lebanon, all Israel enemies.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: bally001

The others are obviously below deck .

Thanks for the pic. I think I get it now. They join all the carriers up and make one big superdeck. Either that or they have purloined Tassy.

bally

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

I can see the that too. Shield carrier. Tilt the bow at 20 thousand and they all roll off the deck. lol. msm. Just shows what braniacs they have writing for them.

bally

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

There just had to be a picture out there . lol.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

There just had to be a picture out there . lol.

Maybe msm is right. Perhaps they have 4 b52's on board.

bally

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Well, I'll say this for the MSM. You never know whether to laugh, cry, or destroy whatever device you read them on in a fit of rage over their stupidity.

Dude, what site is that? That's hilarious.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The person that originally posted it said ir was from CNN.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The person that originally posted it said ir was from CNN.

Is it really that hard for them to run stuff by a military expert before publishing?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Iran OK'd attacks on US Military

www.nbcnews.com...

Things are heating up, folks.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Farlander

Never trust politicians, general and staff officers, or intelligence given to you with a bow around it.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Farlander

Never trust politicians, general and staff officers, or intelligence given to you with a bow around it.

The sourcing for that is definitely loose, I agree with you there. On the other hand, it's not outside the realm of believability either. Time will tell.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, it absolutely isn't. But at the same time, running around screaming the sky is falling isn't going to help much either.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Same as “Operation Eagle Claw” back in 1980 and the same going to happen again “perhaps even worse” as George Santayana once said “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
For anyone interested in that kind of thing, these are the aircraft that deployed.

60-0058/LA
60-0062/LA
60-0032/LA
61-0015/LA

The LA denotes Barksdale AFB, in Louisiana. The aircraft were built in 1960 and 61.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

No, it absolutely isn't. But at the same time, running around screaming the sky is falling isn't going to help much either.

Personally I feel it's just something to keep an eye on.

My main concern about this situation is Netanyahu. Iran said that if the sanctions don't get shielded in 60 days they'll restart enrichment. Bibi has been vocal about doing whatever is necessary to prevent that scenario. Trump has proven to play ball with Netanyahu most notably IMO the day before the election by needlessly calling the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization (which I'm not debating that reality more over the timing). Netanyahu even bragged he asked Trump to do it.

Which leads me to the next point. If Bibi isn't all bark, and the matter of dealing with Iran isn't a matter of if but when, the time would be while an American president has Bolton by his side. Is it possible they try and bait Iran before 2020 and risk a Dem taking the seat who may not be as cooperative?

It's a stretch and isn't necessarily a grave concern on my behalf, and those ideas are not mine, rather I've read things of the like in Haaretz as all of this has been transpiring recently.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: airforce47

Iran says it will restart some of its nuclear program and the US can't do anything about it Russia will defend Iran .

I think most people would agree that sanctions are an act of war.
If someone parked their thugs outside my driveway and said I cannot trade or buy from my neighbor, most would agree self defense is warranted.

Building nukes is the only deterrant Iran has left otherwise they will end up like Iraq, Syria and Lebanon, all Israel enemies.

...and?

Are you seriously advocating a nuclear Iran?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

iraq has had a central bank since 1947, sure after saddam was gone there were reforms and their authority was strengthened but we didn't create a central bank and libya again has had a central bank since 1956 and they still do, so please don't make up sensationalist nonsense. what would we even gain that we don't already have by doing such a thing?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Dang man, they must have some genuinely powerful catapults on the Lincoln! I'd love to see the returning landings on the carrier.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Haters always say photoshop.

edit on 6/14/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join