It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Forces Move To Middle East To Confront Growing Iran Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here we go again with tit for tat with Iran as a carrier task force and B-52 heavy bombers are headed that direction.

"WASHINGTON – The Pentagon is rushing additional military muscle, including B-52 bombers, to the Middle East to counter Iranian threats to U.S. troops on the ground and at sea, the Pentagon announced Tuesday.

The announcement follows two days of increasing alarm over threats from Iran. National Security Advisor John Bolton said Sunday that the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier and bombers were being sent to the region."

B-52s and carrier task force sent to counter Iranian threats

My guess is still that the Israeli IDF has been tasked with defending the Israeli State against Iran by carrying out a planned first strike against them when the conditions and the threats warrant. I don't think the IDF cares how many people it will kill so long as it ends once and for any threat that Iran could ever pose to Israel.

The Israelis and the IDF remember to well the horror of the Holocaust and they will do anything in their power to preserve the Israeli State including being the first to ever use WMDs on a vast scale against an opposing power.

If it happens it just might combined with the threat of extinction from global warming get the world to finally disarm but I doubt it. My best,

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
Here we go again with tit for tat with Iran as a carrier task force and B-52 heavy bombers are headed that direction.

"WASHINGTON – The Pentagon is rushing additional military muscle, including B-52 bombers, to the Middle East to counter Iranian threats to U.S. troops on the ground and at sea, the Pentagon announced Tuesday.

The announcement follows two days of increasing alarm over threats from Iran. National Security Advisor John Bolton said Sunday that the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier and bombers were being sent to the region."

B-52s and carrier task force sent to counter Iranian threats

My guess is still that the Israeli IDF has been tasked with defending the Israeli State against Iran by carrying out a planned first strike against them when the conditions and the threats warrant. I don't think the IDF cares how many people it will kill so long as it ends once and for any threat that Iran could ever pose to Israel.

The Israelis and the IDF remember to well the horror of the Holocaust and they will do anything in their power to preserve the Israeli State including being the first to ever use WMDs on a vast scale against an opposing power.

If it happens it just might combined with the threat of extinction from global warming get the world to finally disarm but I doubt it. My best,

Sounds a little odd after they stationed so many nuclear capable bombers on Diego Garcia. Is this all show and blow?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo canceled his meeting in Germany today and flew to Iraq where he is right now. Something is brewing over there.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just watching Damascus.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

Iran says it will restart some of its nuclear program and the US can't do anything about it Russia will defend Iran .

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Except for the minor little detail that they really aren't. Lincoln was already heading to the AOR while enroute to San Diego. And the current bomber task force was about ready to come home on a normal rotation. The only difference is they accelerated the arrival of Lincoln.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Iran says it will restart some of its nuclear program and the US can't do anything about it Russia will defend Iran .

I remember about 2 years ago people saying the US can't attack Syria because Russia is their ally. We attacked Syria, twice. Russia did precisely nothing both times.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I remember about 2 years ago people saying the US can't attack Syria because Russia is their ally. We attacked Syria, twice. Russia did precisely nothing both times.

Don't forget about the time we killed 100+ Russian mercenaries in Syria.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well, I'll say this for the MSM. You never know whether to laugh, cry, or destroy whatever device you read them on in a fit of rage over their stupidity.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thanks for posting and you raise interesting questions such what will the US really do against Iran and normal unit rotations. I don't think Iran is stupid enough to take on the US in an open conflict. Israel has said that Iran closing the Straights of Hormuz again is a violation of its national interests. It's a real question as to what will trigger them against Iran and just how far they will go.

I think the US and Russia will back off from a conflict out of concern for each other and a conflict that could lead to war. The IDF is poised to carry out their operations plans against Iran anytime the government orders them to do so. Two of the most unanswered questions regarding their nuclear delivery options are do their plans include permission to launch air strikes from Saudi Arabia and what is the maximum range of their cruise missiles. The published range is 900 miles but I suspect it might be much longer.

When push comes to shove the Arabs will remember that Iranians are descendants of the Persians and they really won't care what happens to them so long as their not in the IDF's sights. It will be every nation for themselves and watch out for the fallout.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Four B-52s departed Barksdale yesterday, and spent a long day in transit to the AOR. They arrived today. Sometime in the next week, four B-1s should be heading West(as long as their inspections have been completed) returning to their home station(I believe they're Dyess aircraft).

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Well, I'll say this for the MSM. You never know whether to laugh, cry, or destroy whatever device you read them on in a fit of rage over their stupidity.

That is a tragic post by msm. So uninformed. (Shakes head) How are we to believe these people.

WTF?

Mile long and quarter mile wide carriers? Get real msm. (Head explodes).

Imagine the size of the catapult! Haha and the arrester gear. The angle deck would be the size of Tasmania. (exaggeration.)

But believe me. Aye.

Great post Zaph. Got a laugh.

My thoughts,

bally

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

US Forces Move To Middle East To Confront Growing Iran Threat -

How can this be when Iran has never attacked any other country in over 200 years????????????

How can this be a credible claim when they live right next door to that very small but very powerful country that seems to dominate the world and claim victim status whenever it can??

IMO, if there is in deed a credible claim that Iran might attack another country, it must be because some other country has been provoking it into attack them and has scaled up the provocations to such an extent that they risk being bomed back into the stone age just like Iraq, Afghanistan and now Syria have been.

This tells me they would not risk giving any other country an excuse to bomb them unless they faced a present and real threat of extinction from another country.

We should all ask ourselves What exactly has Iran done to America to cause America to want to bomb them??

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

A couple of my groups have been having fun with it. People photoshopped a B-52 just about to touch down on deck, that sort of thing. I've never had faith in the media to report accurately on things like this, and this is why.

Although I would love to see the carrier that could handle a BUFF. Talk about impressive as hell.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

A couple of my groups have been having fun with it. People photoshopped a B-52 just about to touch down on deck, that sort of thing. I've never had faith in the media to report accurately on things like this, and this is why.

Although I would love to see the carrier that could handle a BUFF. Talk about impressive as hell.

Your post made me chuckle, which is no mean feat with the day I am having so

Nevermind the size of the carrier that would be needed, can you image the size of the drydock !!! RCOH would take 20 years

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: expatwhite

Nevermind the size of the carrier that would be needed, can you image the size of the drydock !!! RCOH would take 20 years

I'm thinking the size of, not only the catapult and arrester gear but imagine the lifts and hanger deck. 10 nuke reactors and 20 props to move the flamin ship up to launch speed. The thing would have to anchor off shore for refit.

Gotta laugh outta this one.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

...because they need to insert a cental bank just like they did in Iraq, Libya etc..

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The others are obviously below deck .

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: expatwhite

I'm thinking the size of, not only the catapult and arrester gear but imagine the lifts and hanger deck. 10 nuke reactors and 20 props to move the flamin ship up to launch speed. The thing would have to anchor off shore for refit.

Gotta laugh outta this one.

Kind regards,

bally

Maybe we have been misled? Its not the Lincoln, its the SHIELD carrier they are sending

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Isreal is a welfare state that should be using thier own money for defense and fighting their own wars they start.

Iran is Isreals enemy, not ours.

In Israel, they have universal healthcare, free housing, free food, free transportation, and free defense by US tax payers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join