It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian Monkey-man attacks geologists in 1920 *picture*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Cool photo! Anyone have anyway to prove if its fake or not?

-wD

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
if they shot an killed the female, why is there a dick hanging down? If it was an unknown species how did they know which one was male and female when they fired?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hmm tell you the truth i think it looks a bit like the spider monkey pic.
it could be the fact the pic is croped to make it look bigger.
But if real i say it is some type of giant spider monkey.
Does anyone know where and if the body still about.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jnosh
His name is Oliver, i remember reading a book on him in high school. here is a link: www.n2.net...

Sorry, this is not Oliver. Oliver is teh Humanzee. This has no connection at all with Oliver. Anyway, I am confident enough to go for it being a Spioder-MOnkey, as every single piece I have read about it says she is. NOt neccassarily the same kind of Spider MOnkey as the one pictures previously though.

OK, I am going to read on now and find thats omeone else has already explained the Oliver none-connection. This keeps happening to me.

Yes, I know the cure, read the whole thread before posting.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
that things freaky

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
this monkey is not oversized, its just made to look big. Its normal sized. those sticks on the ground give you a good idea of the proportion of how big it is. Its small trust me. Plus if it really was really big it makes you wonder how this person could have taken a picture of the entire thing from top to bottom and yet be so close to it. It aint big. Not for one second did this thing look big, sort of absurd actually.

ID

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I do not understand why finds of this nature continue to surprise people. There had to have been countless species like this before the current human race was produced. I believe that some simply do not think that through, they simply assume that chimps are our closest evolutionary link. Why is it surprising to some that a species such as this has survived to this day? Chimps still exist and they would be further from us on an evolutionary stand point then this "monkey man."

As for the validity of this picture I have no real opinion, and if I did it would hold little merit as I am no expert in the field of photography or in the biology of Apes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join