It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT Editorial Board: Give Trump His Border Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I can't believe this isn't posted anywhere yet. This happened sunday. Yes, the NYT is now admitting there is a crisis (they refuse to say emergency, lol) at the border. Not only that, they're telling dems to give trump the money for it.

Of course, they don't want it used for the wall, they want it given to migrants. You know, to help incentivize more of them coming. The funny part is, this is a "crisis" created by dems, like most crises we face. They wanted to limit the number of beds ICE could have, which of course led to the predictable conclusion by migrants that if they overwhelm those numbers, in they come! Well, I guess it's unfair to give dems all the credit for the crisis, after all trump did help it along by ordering longer detentions while people wait for asylum claims to be processed. Of course one of these actions was meant to incentivize false asylum claims the other meant to punish them. But lets not get too caught up in the details.

Anyway, I found the article ironic and entertaining, considering the source. LINK

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Even though the money is not for constructing walls, Democrats are still against it because it makes the Trump Administration look humane.

Selfish azzhole Democrats are burying themselves.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I hope the Dems keep their current stance. Trump will come out on the other side looking pretty nice. Nothing wrong or racist with securing the border for the US citizens, but to add to it the humanitarian issue the Dems are causing playing politics is garnering a huge spotlight. This was easy to sweep under the rug for the left before we got a President that uses social media to talk directly to the people. The MSM can't drive the narrative anymore.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I read about this too. I agree we need to do the right thing by those people until such time we get the border under control.

The amount of folks coming across is staggering. How do you handle 70,000 a month? Over 2,000 a day.

What that "right thing" is will be debated but I would venture to say food, shelter, maybe immediate medical care? Yes, they are coming here illegally. They are breaking the law. But having little kids die out in the desert ain't right either. I am not sure what a perfect solution would look like until there are better controls.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

I read about this too. I agree we need to do the right thing by those people until such time we get the border under control.

The amount of folks coming across is staggering. How do you handle 70,000 a month? Over 2,000 a day.

What that "right thing" is will be debated but I would venture to say food, shelter, maybe immediate medical care? Yes, they are coming here illegally. They are breaking the law. But having little kids die out in the desert ain't right either. I am not sure what a perfect solution would look like until there are better controls.

If Congress fixed our immigration laws there would be no little children dying in the desert.

Helping them once they are here is just treating the symptom and ignoring the disease.

Until then, just raise taxes on sanctuary cities/states to cover for it.

That would get the laws fixed in short order.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

They're always bragging about how rich they are and how we need to tax the rich, so this seems like a pretty solid proposal.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

They're always bragging about how rich they are and how we need to tax the rich, so this seems like a pretty solid proposal.

It would be a win/win for them!!!

I think I'll start a Whitehouse.gov petition on the subject.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It's a Trick ! Jon Lovitz Wrote that Op Ed !

edit on 7-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This Just In -

The NYT just Reportd it has Obtained 10 Years of Donald Trumps Tax Returns .

' No Criminal Filing , he even took Personal Losses to Lower his Tax Rates . .............Smart !

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Helping them once they are here is just treating the symptom and ignoring the disease.

I agree. That's why I said:

...we need to do the right thing by those people until such time as we get the border under control.

And:

...they are coming here illegally. They are breaking the law.

Ergo, the situation needs to be improved. I have little hope Congress will do anything as it will be spun as acquiescing to Trump. The plight of children in the desert, albeit illegal, means nothing to them. I want the border fixed ASAP but I also want to ensure those who are currently crossing illegally are, at a minimum, treated humanely.

There is no way, as we are currently postured, we can humanely "look after" 70,000 people a month. If we locked down the border temporarily until we get immigration in order, maybe that would stem the flow northwards. Again, I do not see it happening as those in DC don't GAF.

new topics

top topics

join