It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Abortion Bill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I imagine that is how it will go down. But even if it didn't I think forcing a preteen rape victim to carry a child to term would probably bring down the wrath of the justices regardless of how many conservative you stack the court with.
edit on 11-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Lol. The law doesn't go into effect till the first of next month I think so maybe it will be taken care of before that. If not I'm pretty sure she will get an exemption. I mean if they don't give her one there is gonna be a media frenzy over it and they can kiss any chance of roe being overturned.

Are we talking about the Ohio law? I've been searching for info on when the law goes into effect and found only headlines read that it is now the law. I've read of threats to sue, but not of any court injunction.

I hope that this is a hypothetical case, but I'm not sure it is, and I'm damn sure that there are people who want to make sure it isn't in the very near future. I know it isn't hypothetical in countries where the Catholic church continues to "issue" laws.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Should we stop Republicans from voting as well?

Did Republicans vote for Republican legislators so that they would violate their oath uphold the Constitution, and pass laws that violate the US Constitution and attack their constituents rights, not to mention pillage the tax payer coffers?

Why do keep conflating denying ignorance with democracy and voter suppression?

edit on 11-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

In the end, what I consider a "conservative" judge, and what I believe the court is being stacked with, are judges that read the Constitution as written and observe precedent. Precedent from the Supreme Court says that Roe vs. Wade stands, and it will take quite a bit to get that overturned. A lower court than the Supreme Court can't do it regardless.

And I agree, the situation is literally horrendous and a perfect example of why I do not want all abortions illegal, even though I consider abortion atrocious as well. This is simply not a black-and-white issue.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
At least these Alabama conservatives know how to put this abortion mess behind us...

citizentruth.org...

A strict theocracy, that's the spirit !!!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That'll never pass. Heck, the Alabama Legislature can't even pass a bill to let the people vote on a state lottery!

If it does pass, I highly doubt Kay Ivey will sign it.

If it does pass and Kay Ivey signs it, it'll be struck down by the Federal Courts before the ink is dry.

Oh, where in that article or in the bill does it mention a theocracy? Maybe I missed it.

TheRedneck

edit on 5/11/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yeah !

edit on 12-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: jjsr420

The world needs more mothers who are willing to go the distance.

This quote really struck a chord with me.

Very few people really get it, I mean really really get it.

It should read 'mothers and fathers', should it not?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Mind showing me where the people voted for this law?

Yes, I do mind because it's obvious. All laws in the US are passed by a legislative body voted on by the people.

Now, mind showing me how telling someone their opinion on a law doesn't matter is not denying democracy? I have as much to say about the laws in our country as you do, thank you very much!

TheRedneck

This particular law was voted for in Georgia not all of your country. And Georgia's major religion is speaking loud and clear.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

This particular law only applies in Georgia. As for your religious statement, where is it written that a law must contradict a religion?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

This particular law only applies in Georgia. As for your religious statement, where is it written that a law must contradict a religion?

TheRedneck

Where is it written that religious dogma must rule over a woman's body?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Where are you getting religious dogma? There is no mention of religion in the law or anywhere else concerning this bill. You are the one bringing religion into it.

There are two things on this issue that I find absolutely appalling and make me actually want to outlaw all abortions just to SHUT. FOOLS. UP! One of them is that "you're a man so you shouldn't get to have an opinion" that Sookiechacha tried on me earlier, and the second is to just assume that anyone against abortion is doing so for strictly religious reasons. Now, unless you are trying to change my mind and make me think this is a good bill after all, WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE CONNECTION TO RELIGION?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

How else do you explain men of deeply Christian U.S. states ignoring the facts and enacting this type of law where women have no rights over their bodies - women becoming vessels only? Virtually ignoring the existing law of women's human rights?

"What they're really trying to do is to invade the doctor-patient relationship and … insert their own opinions, whether that's law enforcement, whether they're political, whether they're religious kind of judgments into these incredibly personal decisions," Jen Jordan told As It Happens host Carol Off.

The facts being:

Jordan says that at around six weeks, what has been described as a detectable heartbeat isn't exactly a heartbeat at all. "It's fetal pole cardiac activity. It's kind of the beginnings of, you know, the mass of cells that will become a human body taken to full term," she explained.

www.cbc.ca... bill-1.5128180

"It just became clear that the men of the chamber — because that's who it is, they're men — really have no idea the implications of the law that they're passing." "And it isn't just about abortion. This really is about women's autonomy and health-care decisions."

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

One of them is that "you're a man so you shouldn't get to have an opinion" that Sookiechacha tried on me earlier,

I did no such thing! Stop lying and stop putting words in my mouth!

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

How else do you explain men of deeply Christian U.S. states ignoring the facts and enacting this type of law where women have no rights over their bodies

How about simple respect for human life? Do only Christians have respect for human life? Is that what you're saying?

And you already don't have full control over your body... no one really does. In the United States (and quite a few other countries), prostitution is illegal (even in Nevada, it is only legal under strict regulation). It is illegal for a woman to use her body for that purpose. Is that a problem with you as well? Why are you not crying out over that little restriction?

I'll tell you why: someone told you that prostitution was a bad thing and abortion was a good thing, and you believed them without question. You are not advocating for any right over your body... you are advocating for the 'right' to have sex without any possible consequences. That's the bottom line. And you would kill another to get that. You would slander an entire religion to get that. There is apparently no low to which you would not stoop to get that.

So don't act all moral and righteous with ME. I see right through you. Let me know when you can discuss this like an adult. You might find out that I'm on your side, but you'll have to stop hating to see that.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Your posts are there for all to see.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They're there for all to see that you're a lying liar!

There is no post of mine telling you that you're opinion is invalid because of your gender. In fact, there is no post in this thread telling you that opinion is invalid, period! Yet, you keep yammering on and inventing personal slurs that never happened.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Whatever gets you through your day.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Quite frankly you are getting too emotional over this and are stepping into that zone where personal attacks and wrong assumptions are ruling your reasoning. So stop it.

I am pro-life (surprised?)and would try my best to advise any woman to think it over and reconsider.

With this heartbeat bill comes financial assistance for the child but i am not sure if help is there for the woman say if she wants to complete her masters or doctorate. I think this financial assistance will alleviate many womens fear of financial instability. Believe me kids are expensive to raise properly.

Lets face it birth control pill can fail when taking antibiotics and antidepressants.

My issue here is that they are taking away a womans right to choose. Why dont those male politicians invest money into research in artificial wombs or advanced medical procedures to move the zygote to another willing human host?

They want to take the cheap and easy route and ignore womens health and rights amd that is wrong.
edit on 15CDT08America/Chicago00780831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The next law should be against men and destruction of life.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join