It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Abortion Bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

The world needs more mothers who are willing to go the distance.

This quote really struck a chord with me.

Very few people really get it, I mean really really get it.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Abortion is Murder . Hope I Cleared that up for you ...........

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No. According to my world view...

We are actually in agreement then. Neither would I expect you to try and help me (yes, calling 911 or screaming to get attention is helping), but I would be grateful that you did.

Perhaps we are looking at different ideas of what one has to do. I do not mean has to do by law, or by any sort of outside force (although that does apply in cases like drafted military service). If I consider something my duty, that is because, whether or not I actually want to do it, I would not be able to look myself in the eye the next day if I did not. Were I to walk by someone being attacked by a superior force and not at least try to help, I would feel ashamed of myself.

As opposed to an honor, which is something that, while it may be trying and difficult, I feel privileged to be able to do. Parenthood is not a duty to me, as I did not do it out of a sense of shame if I did not, but rather I did it because it was something I felt privileged to do. That is respect for my children. To consider it a duty is to disrespect my children, something I could never do.

Just to again clarify, I oppose this new law passed by Georgia, not solely because it restricts abortion, but because it restricts abortion unreasonably. The presence of a heartbeat is, IMO, a poor legal standard, since there is some semblance of a heartbeat as soon as the heart forms early in the pregnancy. Detection is not typically possible then with present equipment readily available, but that can change... effectively changing the law. Also, there are not enough protections for the mother integrated into the law. Finally, if someone does want to restrict abortion that heavily, the same bill should provide for care for the mother and a future home for the child if the mother does not wish to (or cannot due to circumstances) raise the child.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: W0LF3

What does that have to do with the new Georgia law?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Is it not murder if they don't let that child get an abortion and she dies?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: W0LF3

What is there to say? Was the premature labor artificially induced by someone? Was the baby sold for parts? Is there some manner of difference outside of a paperwork exercise and statistical "counting" between ICE considering it an in-custody death versus a "stillbirth?" Is a woman choosing to murder her own child through a sadist with a diploma that will cut up the baby and vacuum it out a "stillbirth/miscarriage?"

The "silence" may be from the pro-life community, but the noise is stemming directly from the asses of a bunch of sick individuals who seem to have no issue with legalized murder of human beings who haven't even been given a chance to make their own choices yet, all in the name of championing "choice."

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Laws don't work that way, though. A direct act intended to cause death is murder... I don't see how anyone can disagree that the intention of an abortion is to cause death to a fetus/baby. I don't believe anyone who is supporting the pro-life side of this argument is intending to cause anyone's death, including mom's.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I Fail to Read the Logic in that Post . Huh ?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I Fail to Read the Logic in that Post . Huh ?

If the 11 year old pregnant girl dies due to her pregnancy, is her death murder? Should her rapist be charged with a double homicide, or should the state, that refused to allow her an abortion that would have saved her life, be charged with double homicide?

edit on 10-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The rapist should be charged with 2 murders as there is no statute of limitations on murder.

Look, I've had a solution to sexual assaults in this country for many years now. The day after conviction, a rope goes over the scumbags neck and he dangles 15 feet in the air in front of a crowd of onlookers, simple as that. Death is a much better deterent than 3 squares and a bed.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hey, hey, hey! Be careful there! This is the United States of America!

Throwing around workable ideas based in reality is just not done!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Got it! Bring back back alley abortions and public hangings!

MAGA!

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Both are the result of someone's piss poor choices, no?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Stupid Loaded Question , NEXT................

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

And, that's why people like you should never have a say in female reproductive rights.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

And, that's why people like should never have a say in female reproductive rights.

Please elaborate. What are 'female reproductive rights' ? Is it another one of those rights that don't actually exist, like 'right to health care' and 'right to marriage' ?

Why are they female only? That sounds sexist.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I would be for this law, if the law also provided free condoms or birth control. I would also be for this law if it provided for adoption and care of children that could not be aborted. Or if it offered support to women who who had to keep their child.

Otherwise it's a crap law.

So, a couple who is too stupid to use a condom or a morning after pill, who is further too stupid to realize sex isn't just for fun, but for recreation, should be provided free compensation for the results of their actions?

Yeah, please give me a free paycheck for being born and not asked if I'd rather die...

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

So you don't believe in democracy, then. Nice to know.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Mind showing me where the people voted for this law?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join