It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Abortion Bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My wife and I raised our two children, and not once in the decades since they were born have I considered being their father my "duty." My honor, yes.

I grieve for your children.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Hey weather you call it duty or honor or just plain love. Don't knock whatever it is that will keep a parent running 24 plus hours on little or no sleep caring and watching over the little tyke when they are sick!
And by the way nothing paints motherhood as being a "duty" like white separatists telling white women that they have to start having more babies to save the white race!!!
Which some on these boards have said.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

A duty is a thing one must do, whether one wishes to or not. An honor is something one wishes to do and considers privileged to be able to do. There is a difference. The poster I replied to was pretty adamant that she saw her role as a duty and seemed quite dissatisfied with being required to perform her role. That attitude will get picked up by the children, and they will likely grow up with low self-esteem because of it.

Being a mother is, IMO, one of the greatest honors there is. Women have power beyond their wildest dreams, as they get to instill their values, their morals, their very soul into the next generation. Being a father is a privilege that I am thankful for every day... damn the sleepless nights, the worries, the heartbreaks.... I know all about those, and they don't mean squat compared to what I was privileged to do.

I stand by my distinction.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

A duty is something you must do? Sorry but I came to the conclusion that no one really has to do much of anything in this world. They just have to be ready to be hit with consequences for their decisions. Once I finally realized this my life got alot easier. Not only on the side of trying to meet people's expectations of what they thought I had to do but also the frustration and waste of energy that oftened occurred when others didn't meet my expectations as to what they had to do.
But what can I say when you have a husband who spends all his free time at his friends house playing stupid computer games while you are working forty plus hours a week and living on four hour of sleep broken up through the day. Well you are gonna find yourselves doing things you don't want because you have to because they need to be done and if you don't nobody will.

Sometimes the lines are rather blurry. Like when you break you danged ankle and have to call your husband home and then hobble out to the kitchen in tears to cook supper because the kids need to be Fed. It certainly wasn't "honor" I was feeling at the time. Might have felt some tinge of honor if hubby could have hung around more often and helped. Hey bet if he had done that he would have realize that I was actually hurting pretty badly. But no it wasn't honor. My guess it was love for the kids mixed in with a if not me then who sense of responsibility along with a whole mess of sheer rage.
Maybe when mothers are treated with honor and respect for their contribution to society they will see motherhood as an honorable venture.

edit on 9-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Did everyone see this story.

www.mirror.co.uk...

An 11-year-old girl left pregnant after she was allegedly kidnapped and raped must keep the baby - because of a controversial new law.

So what is worse, allowing an abortion in this case, or forcing a child to go through with this pregnancy from her rapist?

Not all cases are black and white. I understand that this is rare and an exception, but cases like this need to be considered.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would hope she would get a health exception asap. Its not healthy for children to have babies and she is just a child.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

A duty is something you must do? Sorry but I came to the conclusion that no one really has to do much of anything in this world.

We can stop right there and agree to disagree. I cannot and will not accept that. Period.

You now have my sympathy. I hope someday you find peace.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

So what is worse, allowing an abortion in this case, or forcing a child to go through with this pregnancy from her rapist?

It's her duty, according to the people who support these anti-choice/forced birth laws. I mean, just because the girl was raped, the fertilized egg is a person with rights that override its 11 year old hostess'.

Homicide is homicide, regardless.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Why won't you accept that though?
Because you choose not to?

I don't really have to pay any mind to the speed limit signs as I am driving down the mountain. I mean its obvious just by the number of times out heart's end up in our throats when the sound of screeching tires from cars taking sharp turns much faster than they should as well as how often the tow trucks come around to pull cars out of yards and ditches. No I could probably take a good portion of my trip into town any Sunday morning at a hundred mph if I chose to. Of course there's a good chance that my car could be flying into the air and through the roof of someone's house of I did. So I am usually the car on the road going not really that much faster than the speed limit which prevents other from tearing there tires up trying to take the sharp turns at fifty to sixty mph. And well guess what. They sometimes let me know that they think I have to go faster. But regardless of what they thing or rudely convey to me I have enough faith in my own understanding of how just how fast I can safely take these curves in the road far better than they would ever be able to.
When it comes to just how many children a woman brings into the world or raises or why don't we just extend it to anything and include everyone. It doesn't matter how often or how many people are telling them they have to do something if their body mind and soul is telling them they can't. Then its time to sit down and talk with them and try to find a way to take some of the burden off them because chances are good that they've been way overburdened for too long already.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Guess those girls better make sure he covers his pickle....

Why can't he make sure he covers his own pickle?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I guess the monster that raped the 11 year old should have thought to before he let his actions place her life in such a dangerous position. But What we are asking just seems to be asking a tad but too much I guess.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I guess the monster that raped the 11 year old should have thought to before he let his actions place her life in such a dangerous position. But What we are asking just seems to be asking a tad but too much I guess.

Thank goodness C-section is a saving grace.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Why won't you accept that though?
Because you choose not to?

Yes.

If I were walking down the street and heard you being beaten in a dark alley, I would consider it a duty to try and do something to help you. It would not be something I looked forward to doing, nor would it be something I chose to do; it would be something that I was morally obligated to do. It would be my duty. Please accept my apologies for that. According to your world view, I should mind my own business... perhaps help accost you if I wished?

That is a sad world you live in.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You had it tough and you deserve to be honoured and respected so for now pat yourself on the back.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No. According to my world view I wouldn't be expecting your help. Certainly wouldnt feel that you. Were obligated in any way to help. And I have a feeling that I would end up feeling more grateful towards you than I would if I felt like it was an obligation you had towards me. And by the wayif the tables were turned. No I wouldn't go rushing into a dark alley to help you. That would be a useless venture but I would be screaming my head off trying to get others attention and calling 911. I just would have a clearer understanding than its my duty I have to. I would be sincerely concerned for your welfare.
My guess is that the person who referred to motherhood as a duty did so more because she was reacting having motherhood presented to her as a duty either in the past or presently by others or just by the current political atmosphere. The actual sacrifice a woman makes the nine months of pregnancy followed by the lifelong sacrifices she makes for her children is stripped away along with and honor that goes along with it when the choice to sacrifice is taken away and replaced with a duty or obligation or worse a punishment for a sexual relationship that for all you know may have been forced into her.

So I reject the idea that anyone has to do anything and look beyond the duty the obligations and discover the beauty of the why I choose to do what I do. And look deeper into why others do what they do when it comes to their acts of kindness.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Welcome to the real world.

This law, such as it is, is far too black and white and will be struck down, or should be.

I'm no fan of abortion, I've said that on more than one occasion. I've personal reasons for that opinion. However, there can be a case made for having the procedure available, if needed. This case being one such.

Abortion on demand should be limited.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

He should.

However, shouldn't she, as well? He's not running the risk of an unwanted pregnancy, after all, with no guarantee that he'll be there to help care for the resulting baby.

The responsibility is on both, isn't it??

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

A duty is something you must do? Sorry but I came to the conclusion that no one really has to do much of anything in this world. They just have to be ready to be hit with consequences for their decisions. Once I finally realized this my life got alot easier. Not only on the side of trying to meet people's expectations of what they thought I had to do but also the frustration and waste of energy that oftened occurred when others didn't meet my expectations as to what they had to do.
But what can I say when you have a husband who spends all his free time at his friends house playing stupid computer games while you are working forty plus hours a week and living on four hour of sleep broken up through the day. Well you are gonna find yourselves doing things you don't want because you have to because they need to be done and if you don't nobody will.

Sometimes the lines are rather blurry. Like when you break you danged ankle and have to call your husband home and then hobble out to the kitchen in tears to cook supper because the kids need to be Fed. It certainly wasn't "honor" I was feeling at the time. Might have felt some tinge of honor if hubby could have hung around more often and helped. Hey bet if he had done that he would have realize that I was actually hurting pretty badly. But no it wasn't honor. My guess it was love for the kids mixed in with a if not me then who sense of responsibility along with a whole mess of sheer rage.
Maybe when mothers are treated with honor and respect for their contribution to society they will see motherhood as an honorable venture.

We have had our differences on this board, and I'm not even sure you'll see this.

I honor you, ma'am. (Not using that as a sign of age, but a sign of respect). Your sacrifice for your children is admirable. Cooking on a broken ankle can't be easy at all, on top of all the other motherly duties. Cleaning, chasing after kids, etc etc. I, personally, honor you for this.

My son was born at 26 weeks. 2lbs 1oz. Spent months in the Nicu with me by his side. He is 10 now, and his biological mother hasn't spoken even a single word to him in all these years.

Call it duty, or an honor, or whatever. The world needs more mothers who are willing to go the distance.

Insofar as the OP, while I may be against Abortion as Birth Control, screw this bill, and the people who created it.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That was my point in replying to the other poster. But who should be checking the expiration date?

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Ya know, I did my duty and had 2 kids, called it done & had a tubal ligation. And I'm tired of arguing nice about my ability to choose an abortion if my tubal ever fails.

Screw off.
All of you anti-abortionists, screw. off.

I did THE MOST IRON-CLAD BIRTH CONTROL SHORT OF A HYSTERECTOMY. And it has a risk of failure. If it fails, I do not want a third kid. Period, end of discussion, and I don't want another birth to "help" somebody else have a family, either. That's not a contract job, you're not paying me for that. Even if it was, I'm not keen on pregnancy. It wasn't bad, but not worth a third time, either.

Once again, I'm done having kids. I'm not having more just because some my-way-or-the-highway braindead Helen Lovejoy-wannabe thinks I should put up with the end result of a tubal failure. Screw off. This is not up to you, and never should be.

If it happens and you become pregnant do you plan on waiting to it is almost born to suck its brains out in a big needle?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join