It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regards Sent from AJ to the Clintons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Other than Mac OS 9, name another OS that was in use in 1999. Other than schools, name someone you knew that was using Mac OS 9 in '99.

Microsoft had a stranglehold on the market in the late 90s. If it wasn't for the antitrust suit Apple probably would have gone down as well.

Meanwhile today we have thousands, if not millions, of social media sites and as far as I'm aware none of them are mutually exclusive.

Just because I'm a Facebook user doesn't preclude me from being an ATS user. In '99 being a Windows user did preclude you from being a Mac user.

Do you see the difference here?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: highvein

Other than Mac OS 9, name another OS that was in use in 1999. Other than schools, name someone you knew that was using Mac OS 9 in '99.

Microsoft had a stranglehold on the market in the late 90s. If it wasn't for the antitrust suit Apple probably would have gone down as well.

Meanwhile today we have thousands, if not millions, of social media sites and as far as I'm aware none of them are mutually exclusive.

Just because I'm a Facebook user doesn't preclude me from being an ATS user. In '99 being a Windows user did preclude you from being a Mac user.

Do you see the difference here?

Your just talking about an operating system.

Other software companies were

Unless you bought a Mac. It was the software developers that made the choice to make more for Microsoft.

Comparing any other social media site to Facebook is like comparing Mac to Microsoft in the late nineties.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have a question about that.

If Facebook received federal funds (grants, projects) don't they have to adhere to a higher standard than just a "private" company?

I don't have a good answer for that. On one hand, yes... if they were recipients of federal aid, then they should be subject to the same rules. On the other hand, most of what the taxation whores call "subsidies" are actually tax breaks and since I feel strongly that the government at all levels steals far, far, FAR too much from both individuals and corporations in the name of "taxes", I can't in good conscience call "tax breaks" anything other than examples of how it should have been done in the first place.

One interesting disconnect in all of this... supposedly the government mines Facebook and Google religiously for all information they contain on identifying potential threats foreign and domestic. Laws don't need to have been broken, charges don't need to be pending, the feds use these resources to assemble dossiers on various individuals and groups and Facebook and Google are infinitely cooperative with that process... that seems to be a bit out of sync with them also banning these various potential targets of federal scrutiny. Not sure how to rationalize the two.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

How Many Liberal Pundits have been Banned by Facebook and Twitter ? The Federal Government Has to Address this Issue Right Now , or America will Turn into a Leftist Dictatorship .

Seriously? Facebook and Twitter are the portents of the coming apocalypse of political dictatorships? LOL!

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My question would be, why now?? Why now is Alex Jones "fake news" and "offensive"? Alex Jones and others like him have been on Facebook and YouTube for years without issue. Before all things Trump, it was OK to have different opinions and to voice it online without being punished or banned. All the censorship has ramped up with the Trump campaign and presidency.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

" Seriously? Facebook and Twitter are the portents of the coming apocalypse of political dictatorships? LOL!"

Yes , Seriously . If you do not see this Coming , then you are Blind . The Country is heading from a Free Democratic Republic to a Corporatocracy , and Personal Constitutional Rights will be Crushed in the Process .

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ZenTam

SOME People Refuse to Face a Truth Head On . They would rather it Not Exist in their Own Little Personal " Reality " because it might Upset them ..... The LIES Never Cease in that Pathetic World ........Boo Freakin' Hoo .............

edit on 7-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

CNN's Brian Stelter has another seizure today. This time over Donald Trump re-tweeting Alex Jones.

Clip: twitter.com...

Parent AT&T forced CNN got rid of 100 career employees yesterday. I hope hot-head Stelter is on the short-list for the next round of CNN cuts.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: Alien Abduct

From you're source...

"It’s reported that 2/3rd of Alex Jones’ income comes from consumer products that he promotes heavily on his radio broadcast and websites that he runs."

So he's a millionaire because of his well played Radio show, or from “brain pills” for those in need of supplements.

It'd be tough hosting a radio show if you couldnt exercise your freedom of speech no?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I Thought People came to ATS to Deny Ignorance ? WTF ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join