It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gallup Poll Puts Trump Approval At All Time High

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Duderino
But the disapproval rating is the more important one anyway. It's a better gauge. What's that one at?

I recall being elected President with a public disapproval rate of 67%, from Gallop. Hopefully, Gallop will have Trump at that level, or higher, as we near November 2020.

Need sleep?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

18 months out is like calling the game during the pre-game cheerleader show.

So polls?

Not worth it.

And when the election is a month away, the polls will be even more worthless, because that's when the media will be full on lying to all of us.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: carewemust

And many more republicans are afraid to admit trump is a joke.

But Republicans are not swayed by soap-opera personality B.S., like CNN and MSNBC pushes on their gullible viewers.

Republicans vote for who has delivered a PROVEN track-record of success.

Democrats would have turned out in higher numbers for Hillary, if they were willing to look past her boring personality. Loyalty and Govt Experience are not as important as "good feelings" to Dims.

They gotta feel good to turn out in big numbers....as they did with Mr. no-experience Obama, back in 2008.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

But the disapproval rating is the more important one anyway. It's a better gauge. What's that one at?

I recall being elected President with a public disapproval rate of 67%, from Gallop. Hopefully, Gallop will have Trump at that level, or higher, as we near November 2020.

Need sleep?

Historical recall of epic upsets is EASY, even when sleepy!

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It doesn't matter is he's a "joke". For all of his flaws, whatever they may be, he's the power man, captain.

If the President is in your party and moving the agendas forward to the best of his ability, he can do no wrong unless he really screws up which he never will because advisors would talk sense if he didn't have any. The President can be strong or weak, a perfectly moral and ethical man that shows little emotion, doesn't go on tweet rants or.. this guy.

He's where it's at. If he did something grandiose and unheard of for a President, his supporters are for it, well written essays await in defense among like minds. If he loses re-election by a small margin and contests it, says it's a conspiracy, they'll agree and defend him hoping he wins.

It doesn't matter if he wins or loses by 1%. What's 1%? 99% is everything anyways. 1% is also less than the amount of homeless that panhandle. An old lady got me for 2 cigarettes at Wawa just earlier today. They camp out there and I've gotten good at saying no but.. old lady. She said can I have two to take one home and she got me.

The platform and the agenda is what matters. If he really did lose by 1% but no one knows until he's already starting the second term, that's fine. Literal man for man democracy on that scale? I mean quietly, between us.. doesn't matter if the President is in your party. You'll believe and argue that he won fair and square too.

Can you imagine a supporter of a Presidential candidate who's contesting an election over a tiny decimal saying,

"I voted for him and our nation is at stake if he isn't elected but I don't think he won, we'll have to see the results of the investigation before I'll consider him legitimate. The Democrat should be the President if they won by 0.01%"

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a poll is actually an advertisement for the media machine. Every poll has the same result: "Look at Meeeeeeee! The power of mainstream media compels you!"

Marshall McLuhan, half a century later. The medium is still the message.

They'll say trump is slipping, as long as it makes y'all watch. Then they'll say he's surging, if it makes you look back at the nets.

It's all clickbait.

Edit to add:

*rolls saving-throw to dis-believe.

edit on 7-5-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

But Republicans are not swayed by soap-opera personality B.S., like CNN and MSNBC pushes on their gullible viewers.

Roflmao omg wow.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Artesia

pretty much all of the countries he is bombing baring Afghanistan are isis targets and Afghanistan is an ongoing conflict from when i was in HS (im 33 now) ,Saudi is bombing Yemen but we some how get blamed for that because we (among Russia china usa and even EU arm Saudi) sell them weapons and providing in air refueling and a few token air strike (after the drone campaign of Obama) in Yemen and apparently a few in Pakistan? qz.com... so yeah that is who we are bombing(there is an info graph at the source) so yeah he has been bombing the well you know out of ISIS and Taliban and alshabab

Iraq and Syria The vast majority of these bombs were dropped in Iraq and Syria, where the US is leading a coalition in an air campaign against ISIL. The US conducted about 79% of the coalition airstrikes in Iraq and Syria in 2016, according to the Council of Foreign Relations. The US has admitted its bombs have killed 64 civilians between Nov. 20, 2015 and Sept. 10, 2016 in Iraq and Syria. Libya In response to ISIL’s growing presence in Libya, the US carried out a number of isolated airstrikes before formally starting a sustained air campaign in coordination with the Libyan Unity Government in Aug. 2016. On Jan. 19, 2017, the US claimed to have killed more than 80 ISIL fighters in air strikes on camps outside the group’s former stronghold of Sirte, Libya. Somalia The US began carrying out drone strikes in Somalia in 2011 in hopes of rooting out terrorist group Al-shabaab, but has been involved in a covert “war on terror” in Somalia since 2001, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism. The US claimed to have killed 150 Al-shabaab fighters (paywall) after striking a training camp in Somalia in March 2016. Several months later, the US struck again in the semi-autonomous region of Galmudug, but local government accused the US of killing 22 civilians and Somali soldiers in the incident. Yemen The Obama administration pursued a policy of drone strikes in Yemen in a bid to quash Al Qaeda since 2009, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism. In the process, the US killed a number of senior Al Qaeda operatives, including former leader Nasir al-Wuhayshi in 2015 and Abd al-Ghani al-Rasas in 2017. The first air strike under president Trump occurred in Yemen; a Jan. 21, 2017 bombing reportedly killed three Al Qaeda operatives.
so yeah its been pretty much buisness as usual for the last 20+ years as far as who we are bombing

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Polls are fake. I say he has well above 50% support. Means about as much as a poll saying whatever number the Dems and MSM decides on.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Wow, that's crazy. Gallup is pretty legit. But the crazy thing is that for over two years now, 46% is the highest he's ever hit. That's some low scores.

Edit to add:

And the crazier thing even... it was the democrats that brought him up to 46%. He actually polled higher than this among the republicans, he had a 92 once, higher than the current 91. The dems upsurge brought his average up.

Indie here social liberal but left D's, fiscal conservative and I am a bit right of the old left and way way right of the Fascists /Commie leftist Progs taking over the DNC.

SO, DJT again for me please. AND VOTE OUT RINO's and D's for the love of all things good.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Need sleep?

Care is your better in this matter and we know it. He gets the facts right, you seem to be spinning like Nancy Pelosi and some silly people on ATS. Quit fighting the draining of the swamp and we can all move on to a better day in the USA. The beacon for the world.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Roflmao omg wow.

So you can't handle the truth. Duly noted.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Artesia

Obama did very little about ISIS. Trump did what he said.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

How many years now of CNN's Fake News about collusion?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who is calling the game?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
When the polls favor trump it's all yippie yahhh...look everyone he's like Jesus.

When the polls show the truth about old bonespurs it's....fake news and we don't need no stinkin polls...

hypocrites.

Thanks for your insight. Nothing to say about the poll or the OP...just swung by to insult the thread.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Dfairlite

Factor in the entire MSM's nonstop fawning over and promoting of Obama for the same amount of time the MSM was trashing Trump and calling him a Russian spy and traitor...and the fact Trump's numbers are higher than Obama's at the same point is really saying something.

Yeah, as I pointed out in my thread with the latest CNN poll, despite nonstop propaganda working for one and against the other, the support for impeachment is almost identical between the two candidates as well.

Buried in the trends, they also have this nugget from July 2014: 
Barrack Obama should/should not be impeached -- 
33% vs. 65% 
Trump should/should not be impeached (APR 2019) -- 
37% vs 59% 

Considering the airwaves treated one as a King and the other as a Russian spy usurping the White House nonstop, it's sort of astounding that only 4% more are in favour of Trump impeachment than were of Obama.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: olaru12
When the polls favor trump it's all yippie yahhh...look everyone he's like Jesus.

When the polls show the truth about old bonespurs it's....fake news and we don't need no stinkin polls...

hypocrites.

Thanks for your insight. Nothing to say about the poll or the OP...just swung by to insult the thread.

I thought it was a profound comment about polls and the attitude about how different ideologies view them.lol

And insults flow freely in the mud pit from both mods and members. It's the accepted method in the pit but I try and keep to the rules.

And as far as the favorable trump polls....FAKE NEWS....[
edit on 7-5-2019 by olaru12 because: brenda cio...

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who is calling the game?

I think people are premature in their assessment of the election when it is 18 months away.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I thought it was a profound comment

Yes, namecalling is so profound...

And insults flow freely in the mud pit from both mods and members. It's the accepted method in the pit but I try and keep to the rules.

I don't think you're being called out for your insults. I think you're really being called out for your pseudo-profundities.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join