It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gallup Poll Puts Trump Approval At All Time High

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The newest poll from gallup, taken from april 17th to april 30th shows trump's approval rating at 46%. The highest recorded by gallup. Notably, it is higher than obama's approval at the same point in his presidency.

Now, I don't believe polls as I don't think there is a polling firm without an agenda. So I don't really pay attention to the numbers as much as I pay attention to trends among polls and comparisons to the same poll at prior points. Really even that is a stretch, as the saying goes: Garbage in, Garbage out.

The interesting thing in this poll is that it is democrats who have given trump a bump. They're waking up in small numbers and realizing it wasn't hyperbole that the mueller probe was a witch hunt and dem representatives are making the case daily with their continual efforts to attack him over trump and russia. Then they were warned it was recession time (basically by people hoping for a recession) only to be slapped upside the head with 3.2% GDP and strong job/wage growth. Just 6 weeks ago trump was at 4% approval among democrats, now he is at 12%. If the economy keeps humming along (I see no reason it can't) re-election will just be a formality.

Gallup Poll

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Shortly after he was inaugurated, I saw a clip on TV of him saying he would(?) 'Bomb the # out of ISIS'.

Well has he? In his years of office, seems like bombs are being dropped by America on a daily basis, but I don't know where and on who.

Seems like most everywhere, though.

Country, divided.

+8 more 
posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Factor in the entire MSM's nonstop fawning over and promoting of Obama for the same amount of time the MSM was trashing Trump and calling him a Russian spy and traitor...and the fact Trump's numbers are higher than Obama's at the same point is really saying something.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The Day he got Elected was an All Time High for me Too.............)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Artesia

Yes in fact he did 'Bomb the # out of ISIS' 😎

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When the polls favor trump it's all yippie yahhh...look everyone he's like Jesus.

When the polls show the truth about old bonespurs it's....fake news and we don't need no stinkin polls...

hypocrites.
edit on 6-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The newest poll from gallup, taken from april 17th to april 30th shows trump's approval rating at 46%. The highest recorded by gallup.
Yup beats the previous record of 45%.

Just 6 weeks ago trump was at 4% approval among democrats, now he is at 12%.
Matches April of his first year.

Lost some ground with Republicans though, down a point from October.

news.gallup.com...

Of course, there are other polls.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

edit on 5/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sort of like with Wall Street.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Artesia

It's sad that you don't know this, but ISIS got MOAB'd. So yeah, they're basically non-existent now.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nah, I never think he's jesus. And like I said, I don't think the polls are accurate.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Notably, it is higher than obama's approval at the same point in his presidency.

Actually, not.

In May of 2011 Obama was at 51%.
news.gallup.com...

edit on 5/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

President Trump is really at 51% approval after "reality" adjustments are factored in. Some are still afraid to PUBLICLY admit that he's doing a good job.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But this poll wasn't taken in may. This poll was taken in april.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ah well. We'll see what happens.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't like they guy as president, but I'm not one of those people who are trying to get him out of office through means other than elections. He's not a good president, but haven't seen anything (yet) that rises to the level of prematurely ousting him from office.

And while he's not a good president, he IS the president. In the U.S., if we don't like a president, we don't find backdoor methods of ousting him. Save that for the old-style banana republics and undeveloped nations.

In the U.S. we are a bit more lawful. If the president has done nothing impeachable and we simply don't like him or her, we normally get rid of that president by not voting for him or her next time.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
I don't like they guy as president, but I'm not one of those people who are trying to get him out of office through means other than elections. He's not a good president, but haven't seen anything (yet) that rises to the level of prematurely ousting him from office.

And while he's not a good president, he IS the president. In the U.S., if we don't like a president, we don't find backdoor methods of ousting him. Save that for the old-style banana republics and undeveloped nations.

In the U.S. we are a bit more lawful. If the president has done nothing impeachable and we simply don't like him or her, we normally get rid of that president by not voting for him or her next time.

The problem (for the hivemind) is, the VAAAAST majority of Americans are most definitely NOT going to be voting him out. So they have to think of another way.

There’s another five and a half years left of this President. You can bet the farm on it. So I imagine the hivemind will not be changing it’s tune anytime soon.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My prediction is regrettably different, which may or may not be but is probably because I'm not for his re-election and not against it, just like I sort-of quietly rooted for him at the end of the 2016 election because Clinton was such an unsuited asshat candidate for so many reasons, not the least of which were health.

*coughs*
*acts like it never happened, keeps talking*
*faints and seizes from lack of oxygen*
*gets carried into a limosuine*

I forecast that he will be bitterly embattled by an angry, energized, unified left with one mission and every tool at their disposal to do it. The question will be whether it's Biden or Sanders, because Beto and the gay guy are in it for exposure, as are most of the first that announced they'd run.

Warren has a slight chance of being nominee, Booker a third place because he's (half) black, but lets face it: to beat Trump, you need an older white male. It sounds bad like I'm racist but if you were to really and realistically dissect how this works in this situation, you'd agree.

Regardless, I wont go as far as you to say he's a shoe-in for 4 more years, nor will I say he's going to lose. Merely saying that I think it can't be called yet, that I'm not gung-ho behind him is enough. Unpopular sentiment.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow, that's crazy. Gallup is pretty legit. But the crazy thing is that for over two years now, 46% is the highest he's ever hit. That's some low scores.

But the disapproval rating is the more important one anyway. It's a better gauge. What's that one at?

Edit to add:

And the crazier thing even... it was the democrats that brought him up to 46%. He actually polled higher than this among the republicans, he had a 92 once, higher than the current 91. The dems upsurge brought his average up.

edit on 6-5-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And many more republicans are afraid to admit trump is a joke.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
But the disapproval rating is the more important one anyway. It's a better gauge. What's that one at?

I recall being elected President with a public disapproval rate of 67%, from Gallop. Hopefully, Gallop will have Trump at that level, or higher, as we near November 2020.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join