It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will polling affect the 2020 election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Polling. Oh that polling. You know, the statistics of the answers of the questions that multiple outlets will use to prop up, uhm, I mean report on an election or issue.

In 2016 No one predicted a Trump win except the Trump Team and IBD/TIPP. Rasmussen was a close second. All of the rest? Clinton by 6. Clinton by 10. Clinton is the 99.4% winner. Even Fox Nwes had a hard time putting up a poll where Trump won. So who are we to believe?

This is a good article and make sure to read #2 in the list.

Link

Real Clear Politics? 270 to Win? CNN? WaPo? How about the pulse of the nation? Ask people. Those who say they are unsure, well, they are usually Trump supporters now because those who hate him are very outspoken but those who support tend to hide it as not to deal with constant bs about it.

We did not know just how biased they were in 2015 and 2016 but the truth is out there now so how will these hold up?

At 270 to Win which was one a lot of people hit in 2016, on the splash page, shows a DNC win. If you go deeper and look at some of the 'research' there are some expected landslides.

Link

Now if you look at the 2020 Actual it is a 306-232 route. The 2020 election will once again come down to PA, WI, MI and Florida. If you look at the indicator on the expert sites though they want us to believe that Trump is going to lost over 70-80 electoral votes. Is this so people will give up and not vote? The right won't. We are going to see record numbers again as they vote for a candidate but a figurehead.

Who should we trust with the data for the upcoming election because it looks to be a repeat of 2016. Sanders over Trump by 4%...give me a break.

As a final note, how do you think Bern feels about this? Biden to get the nod...bring it on!

Link

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002019-05-06T17:16:09-05:000509 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002019-05-06T17:17:43-05:000543 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Polling will have no effect

Trump wins 2020, by a landslide.

Dems come in third place

The only thing the fake polls will do is stir up the “REEEEEEEEEE” in the hivemind

Orange Man Bad
edit on 6 5 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Polls will tell us that the Democrat candidate is winning by a landslide. No way they can lose.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
In 2016 No one predicted a Trump win except the Trump Team and IBD/TIPP. Rasmussen was a close second. All of the rest? Clinton by 6. Clinton by 10.

The pay to poll sites the investors use, and pretty much the only ones I follow, had Trump winning the week leading up to the election.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
No effect.
We will see what ever CNN wants us to see.
We will have to wait until the election to see the actual results

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The polls have always been loaded.

I always listen to the $$$$

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Those are the ones.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Polling is like your Freakin' Lyin' Ex Wife . They NEVER are Truthful or Accurate .Case in Point , 2016 .....

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I don't know, but if I get any calls I am going to tell them I will vote for anyone who runs against Trump, like I told them in the last election. I believe they are dumb enough to buy it a second time.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Polling is like your Freakin' Lyin' Ex Wife . They NEVER are Truthful or Accurate .Case in Point , 2016 .....

Polling is like yo man, me or them, straight up, don't care why, just answer the question, I ain't got time to cuddle, hold on, what did you say, that's just gross, my mama what?

That could be someone's experience anyway.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But of caveat, they took a hit last time around.

And the numbers still should be taken with a grain of salt.

Bidens numbers are a bit high IMO. I just read an article about his son profiting off of Chinese surveillance technology that is getting people landed in concentration camp (I guess they have ADHD?)

It's not big now, but it will be a thing. Also he's taking a lot of special interest and corporate money via packs.

Bernie Sanders is too old and too weak given his take it like a bitch exit last cycle.

The dems are looking rough.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Like in 2016, the RUSSIANS will help Trump win again, by manipulating the polls to show BIDEN with a 90% guarantee of locking it up in a landslide!

edit on 5/6/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

How will polling affect the next election cycle?

Pretty much the same it has for the past 40 years or so... put a few percentage points towards the favored Democrat.

It's easy-peasy... do a poll, throw the numbers towards the Democrat running by 7-10 percentage points for about a year before the actual election, get it spread by a willing media.

2 weeks or so before the actual election, slowly tighten your numbers to where they are the actual ones.

That serves two purposes.

1./ You've just had a year to sway public opinion, so the last two weeks are not going to change anyone's mind.

2./ If you are going to stay in business as a pollster, you need to be accurate AFTER the election. So you can point to your numbers the day BEFORE the election and go "HEY! We nailed it!"

That's all most polls are good for now.. a tool to sway voters prior to the election the way you want them to go... just a few percentage points.

Then, between ballot harvesting, dead people, illegal immigrant voting, multiple voting and outright fraud, a Democrat can comfortably enjoy a 7-8 point lead on their Republican contender before even counting the votes.

Then if that doesn't work, just find more ballots, get them recounted, stall and fill out more votes, etc.

I figure looking around that a Republican candidate needs to be 8 points ahead to break even.

It's like Affirmative Action for Democrats...

edit on 6-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Now I understand why Cory "Spartacus" Booker isn't in the top 10. He promises to arrest every American who doesn't give up their personal firearm(s).

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The lot of them are corporate sell out professional politicians.

They are the very things the proclaim to fight. At best a light version. Mush mouthed lip service.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I can not confirm or deny that a week after someone announce I found out how and where to do this.
Yes it felt dirty.

Anyhow onto the subject at hand.
Expect the polls to lean Trump in the three months going into the election. The point of which will be to make republicans not show up, as there won't be a need to, or so the polls say. The purpose of which is manipulating turn out.

edit on 6-5-2019 by dubiousatworst because: keep on target

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Batman knows...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Brother the Bear will win in 2020. Bernie is what is needed in this crazy ass country he will actually make America great again!

top topics

join