It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot leftie harassing pro life old lady. How nice.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

1st amendment right in America as I understand it is to also criticise her for what she is doing, but that's different I guess?

He is making a targeted harassment, and trying to stop her from exercising her first amendment right. Similar to how leftists have been suppressing right-wing/independent speakers from speaking at Universities/colleges, and have been trying to suppress everyone from the right, or even people from all sides simply for the color of their skin.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

1st amendment right in America as I understand it is to also criticise her for what she is doing, but that's different I guess?

He is making a targeted harassment, and trying to stop her from exercising her first amendment right. Similar to how leftists have been suppressing right-wing/independent speakers from speaking at Universities/colleges, and have been trying to suppress everyone from the right, or even people from all sides simply for the color of their skin.

And by the same token she is making a targeted harassment of people using that clinic - how come you aren't getting so irate about that? Oh I wonder.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Male liberal feminist harassing a woman with an opposing ideology. Nothing new to see here.

These idiots believe they are on some sort of ideological crusade. Opposing a MSM generated Boogeyman with their collectivist globalist nonsense. Not once slowing down to realize they have become they very force they set out to oppose.

Congratulations morons...

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, luckily Alyssa Milano has come up with the real solution here!

The left will now stop sleeping with men they already hated and werent sleeping with anyway in order to somehow extort all their political beliefs into existence.

Brilliant!

There are some reports saying conservatives have been calling for responsibility and abstinence for years, but its undoubtedly propaganda.

Its such an interesting social group. Why is lack of control and personal responsibility being so touted that practicing it is actually seen as a protest of the very groups that have been calling for it all along?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

And by the same token she is making a targeted harassment of people using that clinic - how come you aren't getting so irate about that? Oh I wonder.

Well, for a start, she wasn't harassing, insulting, recording and trying to dox clients of the clinic.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Well, for a start, she wasn't harassing, insulting, recording and trying to dox clients of the clinic.

That depends how you interpret harassment doesn't it? Harassment is how it leaves you as the target feeling, you have your opinion, but you aren't the one being targeted.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

There's a legal definition of harassment that has nothing to do with feelings.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

There's a legal definition of harassment that has nothing to do with feelings.

Apparently in America harassment has different definitions by state, but terms such as "a course of conduct which annoys, threatens, intimidates, alarms, or puts a person in fear of their safety"

So actually, yes, feelings (such as fear or being alarmed or intimidated) can be defined as definitions of harassment.

Thanks

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So where do any of those things apply to this woman this idiot was literally harassing?

By the way, those conditions are under the "what would a reasonable person determine" doctrine as are most things.

You can't just cry about how you feel without there being a reasonable condition to support the assertion of harassment. Certainly not against this woman.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

So where do any of those things apply to this woman this idiot was literally harassing?

By the way, those conditions are under the "what would a reasonable person determine" doctrine as are most things.

You can't just cry about how you feel without there being a reasonable condition to support the assertion of harassment. Certainly not against this woman.

All just in your opinion, and if you haven't walked in the shoes of someone who had reason to make use of the clinics services then your opinion is worthless, completely worthless and pathetic, just like it seems the republicans of Alabama.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This is what you believe to be an "argument", yes?

Neat.
edit on 15 5 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is what you believe to be an "argument", yes?

Neat.

I wouldn't really consider your points worthy of an argument.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That depends how you interpret harassment doesn't it? Harassment is how it leaves you as the target feeling, you have your opinion, but you aren't the one being targeted.

Not every protest of a clinic necessarily equates to harassing clients of that clinic.

The woman has the general right to protest the clinic in a legal way, and if you say she wasn't doing it legally (e.g., verbal encounters with clients that could be considered harassment) then you need to show some evidence that she did these things.

Her simply being there -- and possibly even saying things towards clients -- does not necessarily amount to harassment, even if a client may feel personally uncomfortable about her presence.

I mean, if that were true, then practically ANY protester could have claims of harassment brought against them. Protestor's messages are usually meant to make someone else feel annoyed or uncomfortable.

edit on 2019/5/15 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

Not every protest of a clinic necessarily equates to harassing clients of that clinic.

The woman has the general right to protest the clinic in a legal way, and if you say she wasn't doing it legally (e.g., verbal encounters with clients that could be considered harassment) then you need to show some evidence that she did these things.

Her simply being there -- and possibly even saying things towards clients -- does not necessarily amount to harassment, even if a client may feel personally uncomfortable about her presence.

I mean, if that were true, then practically ANY protester could have claims of harassment brought against them. Protestor's messages are usually meant to make someone else feel annoyed or uncomfortable.

I've only seen the same clip you have if you watched it so what may or may not have been said that was not uploaded - and let's be honest here, the clip is intended to show a particular political angle on the interaction so if it is illustrative of the full encounter, and anything the pro life women or others may have said or done is not shown, we won't know that.

But I no longer think that's the point of the thread. Someone criticises someone who is criticising others for using the clinic and of course many on here take a very one sided view of who is 'at fault'.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I've only seen the same clip you have if you watched it so what may or may not have been said that was not uploaded - and let's be honest here, the clip is intended to show a particular political angle on the interaction so if it is illustrative of the full encounter, and anything the pro life women or others may have said or done is not shown, we won't know that.

But I no longer think that's the point of the thread. Someone criticises someone who is criticising others for using the clinic and of course many on here take a very one sided view of who is 'at fault'.

So, she "did some things" then he "did some things" because he felt all hurt and threatened by an old woman praying the rosary. Am I hearing you correctly?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

So, she "did some things" then he "did some things" because he felt all hurt and threatened by an old woman praying the rosary. Am I hearing you correctly?

Usual place to pray the rosary would be church or home, not outside a planned parenthood clinic trying to intimidate people going through a traumatic experience. Tell me where he says he feels hurt or threatened and then it's worth having a discussion, but seeing as you can't then all you are doing is baiting.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Usual place to pray the rosary would be church or home, not outside a planned parenthood clinic trying to intimidate people going through a traumatic experience. Tell me where he says he feels hurt or threatened and then it's worth having a discussion, but seeing as you can't then all you are doing is baiting.

Praying is not relegated to only church. Heck, I am an agnostic and even I know that much, and am not going to delude myself into that type of lie to support my position.

As for his feeling hurt and threatened, his actions in lashing out at her as she quietly prays speak louder than any words. But then, I see this with open eyes, not like someone that is pushing a narrative.

When you open your eyes and are open to actual factual discourse, I will be here to have that discussion. Until then, all you are doing is being a political and social apologist for harassing actions.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

All just in your opinion, and if you haven't walked in the shoes of someone who had reason to make use of the clinics services then your opinion is worthless, completely worthless and pathetic, just like it seems the republicans of Alabama.

I think you are letting your emotions overtake your common sense. I don't agree with Abortion, I think it's murder. But as I said in my OP, the law says differently. Now, if enough people feel differently, then they will work to change the laws. Which is what is happening in Alabama right now. If you feel the law is wrong, then change it, but you can't pick and choose which laws to follow unless you want to be a criminal.

Hate one side for not agreeing with you is OK, but you kind of have to understand them, when they reciprocate.

And again, I'm not in the shoes of someone who has to make that decision, so I can't begin to understand why someone would chose to end a potentially beautiful life of a child. There are people who can't conceive and would be elated to adopt a child. There are also people who have sex, and protect against pregnancy with good results.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think you are letting your emotions overtake your common sense. I don't agree with Abortion, I think it's murder. But as I said in my OP, the law says differently. Now, if enough people feel differently, then they will work to change the laws. Which is what is happening in Alabama right now. If you feel the law is wrong, then change it, but you can't pick and choose which laws to follow unless you want to be a criminal.

Hate one side for not agreeing with you is OK, but you kind of have to understand them, when they reciprocate.

And again, I'm not in the shoes of someone who has to make that decision, so I can't begin to understand why someone would chose to end a potentially beautiful life of a child. There are people who can't conceive and would be elated to adopt a child. There are also people who have sex, and protect against pregnancy with good results.

This whole thread is based on emotion

back-off.org...
edit on 17-5-2019 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Praying is not relegated to only church. Heck, I am an agnostic and even I know that much, and am not going to delude myself into that type of lie to support my position.

As for his feeling hurt and threatened, his actions in lashing out at her as she quietly prays speak louder than any words. But then, I see this with open eyes, not like someone that is pushing a narrative.

When you open your eyes and are open to actual factual discourse, I will be here to have that discussion. Until then, all you are doing is being a political and social apologist for harassing actions.

back-off.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join