It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 300 Federal prosecutors pen a letter saying Trump should have been charged with obstruction .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

“It’s not a bombshell “

It’s going to be one for the Liberals without a doubt .

I’ve been looking into it some. The arguments in Barr’s statements seem to follow that there was no “ corrupt intent “.

He was instructing his staff who refused to carry out the instructions .

It’s a lot like a criminal defendant asking his lawyer to change judges .

That’s not prosecutable .

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Without a doubt.

It's propaganda.

'Testimonial'.

www-tc.pbs.org...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If 300 do, then that means the rest don't.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Trump wanted to end a witch hunt that's sole purpose was to destroy his ability to act as President, I don't blame him.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It'd be great if they prosecuted this case so it could be exposed for the farce that it is.

They want to convict the president in the court of public opinion instead. It's all political. The investigation completed unimpeded no obstruction, no collusion. The democrats are still fighting their war against the president. A war they've already lost.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's probably 400 out of the several thousand they asked.

So 97%, you'd say?

edit on 6-5-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
How many of these 300 plus wrote letters outraged that Hillary’s team committed the obstruction by destroying subpoenaed evidence?

If they didn’t, they are all hacks with zero credibility
edit on 6-5-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yep.

Where were those 300 hacks when Clinton deleted 30,000 emails.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Grambler

Yep.

Where were those 300 hacks when Clinton deleted 30,000 emails.

Getting dressed for her election night win.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I understand now the left is going to view it as propaganda. Wow the answer was right in front of me and I missed it now .

What about my post at the top of the page? Do you have a comment on that?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

www.politico.com... first link went to 404 but found it easily w google i think they wanted to fix the title from prosecutors to Former prosecutors

“We believe strongly that, but for the OLC memo, the overwhelming weight of professional judgment would come down in favor of prosecution for the conduct outlined in the Mueller Report,” they said, referring to a policy issued by the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel.
learned a new term today office of legal council OLC

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So 300 leftist douche-twinkies said, "Orange Man Bad".

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

www.theguardian.com...

its just like how they are salty treasury isnt turning over his taxes but they keep beating the dead horse ,even to the point of trying to get the irs records them selves which like most fights will head to fed court and probably scotus

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The first poster linked it for me .

I could be making the same old replies I’ve read here. My intention was to look at it deeper. Mm

On that narrative I found this . Iy seems to me to be the a pivotable part for Barr’s unwillingness to charge . And I’ve heard nothing about it so far .

If Barr did in fact view the president’s cooperation as evidence “weigh[ing] heavily” against a finding that he had the requisite corrupt intent, then this alone could have provided the legal grounds for Barr’s conclusion that Mueller’s evidence did not establish that the president had committed obstruction

www.lawfareblog.com...

overbroad—leaving much to the discretion of prosecutors. It is also very difficult to master. Accordingly, to assist students in working their way through these materials, charts comparing the elements of some of the most commonly used statutes are included throughout this chapter.
Section 1503’s “omnibus clause” has been applied to sanction a great variety of non-coercive obstructive activity, including: false statements made to federal agents; false testimony before a grand jury or trial court; refusing to testify before a grand jury after immunity has been conferred; knowing concealment, falsification, or destruction of evidence to be submitted to a grand jury or court; and efforts to alter the testimony of witnesses for corrupt purposes. It has also been used to pursue conduct that is not perhaps as intuitively categorizable as “obstruction,” including a grand juror's or others' unauthorized disclosure of grand jury information and lawyers= efforts to obtain monies from criminal defendants by false promises to “fix” the proceedings or pay off criminal justice officials.

gulcfac.typepad.com...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

" political affiliations of the prosecutors. "

Another "Nothing Burger " ? No Thanks , I am Full ................

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Dems are going to pitch a holy fit all the way to Trump’s re-election.

Along the way the AG/IG will hopefully hold the real criminals accountable.

The Left is going China Syndrome within its own party. Fun times.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Let Dem Prosecutors Hit Da Floor .AHHHHHHHHHH !

Nothing Wrong with me Either for saying that ............

GOD BLESS AMERICA !

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's probably 400 out of the several thousand they asked.

You're quite right. Some of the federal prosecutors retired 40 years ago. Over that time, there have been many thousands come and go. 360 signatures is NOTHING. Can't even get a basic petition started with only 360 signatures, LOL.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I did a quick count. The information I got is they’re were up to 350 prosecutors per district. Using the number 300 per distich times 13. That’s 3900 current federal prosecutors ( assistant district attorney’s ) . Over 40 years there must be tens of thousands of them.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

There's 2,300+ active prosecutors, I posted that on the first page and it's from the Bureau of Justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join