It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quieter you become, the more you can hear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
“The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”

― Ram Dass

A steady stream propaganda influx into the brain of the masses.
Seems to me that people talk to much and don't listen. Eventually silence becomes the BFF for live.
News is all meaningless ,and conspiracies are just hyped up memes.

People are happy in their little big Tech box. Or are they just to tired to create a momentum.

fREE speech , is it really that important ? Just making noise , what about fRee listening ?

from the ear to the mouth ...
listening invokes thinking , talking invokes manipulation. Spelling has SPELL in it. Spells are used to control. Those who talk much usually want to control , those who listen much want to understand...

denying ignorance means listening...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. It is important to use them in that proportion!

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So I should pour two beers in my ears and one in my mouth?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I take it that this Ram Dass fellow never had tinnitus then?.

It all depend's were you are, down in a ship's engine room, living next to busy rail line or road or out in the middle of no where.

The quieter you are, metaphorically speaking as well as actually the louder your fart's sound both the physical and the metaphorical one's.

Still there is something to be said for Listening, nobody like's a one sided conversation after all - well except narcissists.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I am pleased to read that there
are those who have noticed.
Very few here attain this level
of understanding.
Listening requires discipline and
open space.
I am just a beginner in this regard.
((((( Us musicians are noisy)))))).
Increasingly difficult in the age
of the "selfish selfy"to actually
lend an ear.
Nice Thread.
S&F

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Yes but some people have REALLY big mouth's and very small ear's than again there were those three monkey's - I believe there were four but one lost his ball's on a frosty day, anyway one of them show's us what to do at time's.

Oh fine, sorry it just touched my funny bone or something and I could not resist, that said the beginning of wisdom is realizing that you have none and a still pond is best to see ripples on.

edit on 6-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That's quite profound, but also true.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

And the more you hear? The better you learn to listen.....a major point w Astral Projecting, remote viewing and Transcendental Meditation.

Myself?
Born a "sensitive", 5th maternal generation....
Transcendental meditation 1973-2019
Astral Projection 1987-2019
Remote viewing 2004-5-2019

Until one learns the methods to "quiet" the mind in order to "hear"....the world as a whole....will continue "shouting"...and sometimes, all at once.

Peace

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

**sorry, dbl post
edit on 6-5-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The more you hear, the more you start listening and the more you listen to the people around you, the more you realize they have practically nothing whatsoever new to say.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Diluting and distorting... after that a a remark about narcissists...

indeed it all depend's on were you are (mentally)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

well spoken... or as I might add bring down the signal to noise level of the brain to see beyond the veil... have a pleasant journey

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

listen to the music between the notes ... beethoven was deaf , music is generated in the brain. the abstraction of music is closely related to math. And some might consider math the soul of our multiverse...

Escaping hotel callifornia is possible !
edit on 562019 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ram Dass practiced Buddhist meditation.

I believe by "quiet", he meant a quiet mind (but I guess that would make one quiet as in not talking too).

Mind is always full of thoughts and chatter. It helps to see/hear things more clearly when things are quiet.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Your post made me join up!
I'm the same with terrible tinnitus, cannot actually remember what silence is. I get the thread topic as well, listening more than talking but your tinnitus quip made me laugh

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Good OP.

Does anybody have a right to free silence?

What about visual noise?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh over the ages there have been many searching for gnosis (that's greek for Knowledge while Sophia/Sophis is actually Greek for Wisdom) in one manner or another, the old alchemists searching for there philosophers stone (which was metaphorically explained as being able to turn lead into gold so some searched for an actual substance while other's understood the metaphor of the gold as wisdom and lead as ignorance).
Then you have the lunatic's searching for the metaphorical Emerald Tablets of Thoth as if they were a real item rather than yet another Gnostic euphemism.

Couple this with a VERY western perspective on eastern mysticism and a completely alien to the eastern mind mixing of African, Occidental and Oriental tradition's and philosophy's and a bunch of lady's convinced a piece of rock can calm and orientate there aura's and you have the new age hodge podge made up self inflicted pseudo culture of fake mysticism and false enlightenment.

If you seek true wisdom then remember this, wisdom has to be earned over a lifetime there is no magic pill, no secret enlightenment for that though you can learn or be taught knowledge, wisdom is something else and is more like intuitive understanding than educated knowledge, the ideal state though is of course a mix of both with the (correct and true) wisdom over ruling the knowledge and to have knowledge with both the wisdom to understand and to use it correctly for full affect.

To draw a metaphorical observation Imagine You are a very disturbed pond, the ripples are lost in the swell, calming your mind will not work unless you can calm the pond itself, those ripple's are caused by the stone's of Gnosis as they enter your mind, the ripple's are the lesson's we learn from the new knowledge but the choppy nature of the water occludes them due to the many thing's in our lives but hey that is fine, we are not mere observers but are in the physical world.
No amount of sitting under a tree is going to give you a perfectly still mind.

Some say you must unlearn everything first but then Qin had the history's of China from before his time burned and he whom forgets the past is doomed to repeat it's mistake's, other's that followed that idiotic philosophy or sought to inflict it upon other's included the Stalinists, Maoists, Khmer Rouge and of course Hitler as well as more recently the Jihadists blowing up ancient sites.

The Christian way were this is concerned is this, it is not what goes into a person that corrupt's them but what come's out of them (what they do with it).

What is the point of having all the knowledge in the universe if it then just sit's on a shelf.

But.

Conversely.

What is the point of using that knowledge if doing so corrupt's it's purpose.

Caveat and after thought, there is a certain genuine wisdom in opening a new age shop and selling worthless or nearly worthless sub gem quality crystal's to new age believers because there is a definite profit to be made and if that also entails having a shop uniform that is part of the charade than so be it - just don't start believing in the stuff yourself though you know while I AM religious there is a certain truth to the whole placebo affect, if they believe the stone is going to make them well then just maybe there own mind's have made them well.

Do you know why great wisdom is great sorrow?.

edit on 6-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnconditionalGlove

I've had it for over, hmm let me think, 26 years or so, at first it just used to drive me up the wall like this high pitched constant whining sound in my ears but now it is more akin to the sound of air escaping from a punctured bicycle inner tube, it never goes away but you learn to ignore it.
Possibly a side affect of the noisy industrial machinery I used to operate back then.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There Comes A Time When We Are No Longer Listened To Nor Sought After For Counsel (Google). This Is When We Are In Our 70s And 80s.
So... Giv'em hell...
There Is Plenty Of Time In The Grave For Utter Silence!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Enki Said They Make Too Much Noise. I Will Wash Them Away.
Don't Be The Good Apple In The Rotten Barrel. Scream!

new topics

top topics

join