It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should torture be allowed in US prisons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
so... this is ATS...sad, I think I'v had enough

Would you feel better if you personally get to torture the prisoners...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So my question is for the good ATS Christians we have on this fine website is it morally okay to torture prisoners? What would Jesus do?

Jesus would say 'let him who is without sin, cast the first stone'.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I don’t believe in harming others so my answer is no.

Why is this even a question?
edit on 2019/5/6 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Strange , the picture they show that states from 1995 looks more like the 1960s
I challenge anything on that site.
Nothing but liberal propaganda

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t believe in harming others so my answer is no.

Why is this even a question?

It's a question because the article I read said it was standard practice based on policy. I was kind of shocked so I started the thread. I thought maybe I was the one who was insane for thinking this is little too far to the right.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Strange , the picture they show that states from 1995 looks more like the 1960s
I challenge anything on that site.
Nothing but liberal propaganda

I agree. It is definitely a left-wing site. But does that mean everything they report is to be ignored. What if it is actually happening as the people who were interviewed and reported were saying. If you ignore EVERYTHING someone is saying because they are not from someone you believe should be in authority are you not some mindless propaganda idiot yourself?

I did not see anything in the story that was not direct documentary type evidence something immoral was happening. It's not like they took a half-fact and then gave an opinion as if it were fact.

edit on 6-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think there should be federal guidelines against torture by corporate prison workers. And there should be law enforcement to prevent torture from happening. So there has to be an audit somewhere or some police type action to make sure standards and laws are being followed.

It' seems to me shackling a prisoner so they have to eat off the floor or dump into a bucket should be unlawful. There has to be standards for how prisoners are treated according to some level of ethics. Just my opinion I guess.

Interesting to see so many ATS people saying they are okay with prison torture.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

NO!

But being shackled is part of doing a crime. Don't commit crimes against Humanity and you won't suffer being shackled like a criminal eh.
So, if there were beating them or starving them it would matter but shackling criminals has been reality for all of time.
End of story.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

When was Joe Biden a Governor? And, when did Joe Biden have anything to do with Alabama? He was a Senator from Delaware for 30+ years

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Prison is torture by nature, deprivation of liberty.
So actual physical torture is doubling up.
Deliberate harm of any living being is well------ self explanatory if you have a conscious.
No No No .

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Amazing how so many point out murders rapist and pedos .
When these people make up a very very small % of prison .
most are drug charges trafficking .
Some are Grand-theft . You know stealing a car .
Or over 500 $ in value .
some are just dumb teens in the wrong place at the wrong time .
Cops show up at a home find drugs in large amounts EVERY one there is going down .

So when you advocate torture these are teh people who you are really talking about not a hand full of the nut jobs .
So kid selling weed has a pound or 3 goes to prison and is tortured .
I know maybe 3 people in my entire life who have never even tried weed even once .
Chances you have and by definition that means you should have been put in prison and tortured .
after all BUYING weed is still a crime in most citys and states .
You guys should go down to a law library and see the rows of books all the laws even just in your state number 100000 s
Every one in this country is a criminal By definition braking a law makes you one and buddy it is impossible to not brake a law .
This is why cops act as they do every one is guilty of a crime . welcome to the police state
edit on 6-5-2019 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Joe Biden, he was governor

What state was Joe Biden governor of

ETA:
Okay, reading test I see. Nevermind.
edit on 6-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A lot of times this is done to ensure your not smuggling in drugs using your 'prison wallet'. Lol

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Torture has been allowed for hundreds of years by the simple fact of locking up non-violent people over victim-less laws in the same cage as the violent ones. I would probably rather have a guard torture me once in awhile than to deal with it daily from the REAL violent inmates who belong there.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
Torture has been allowed for hundreds of years by the simple fact of locking up non-violent people over victim-less laws in the same cage as the violent ones. I would probably rather have a guard torture me once in awhile than to deal with it daily from the REAL violent inmates who belong there.

I hear this one a lot. Let's define these terms.

"Victimless" what is a victimless crime?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

No. They should not be tortured.

This was another article that I found on your source.

Allowing People in Prison to Vote Shouldn’t Be Controversial

I disagree with it also.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I think there should be federal guidelines against torture by corporate prison workers. And there should be law enforcement to prevent torture from happening. So there has to be an audit somewhere or some police type action to make sure standards and laws are being followed.

It' seems to me shackling a prisoner so they have to eat off the floor or dump into a bucket should be unlawful. There has to be standards for how prisoners are treated according to some level of ethics. Just my opinion I guess.

Interesting to see so many ATS people saying they are okay with prison torture.

So when you say torture do you have examples of what that means in this case? I say this when fellow ATSers suggest that apprehension is a form of torture too, so I think we need examples of what your use of word torture actually is. .

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Idk, what happens when one doesn't accept Christ, and will be sent to the eternal Lake of fire, to recieved eternal punishment an torture by being torn apart by ravenous demons again an again and get the shaft from big bubba Satan's third leg?

All the while it right thing to do...for its their only chance at redemption and is great for the souls apparently.
edit on 6-5-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Usually, the argument is made by torture advocates for "fearing up" the inmate to get information out of him*.

US prisons are not locations for information extraction, so that whole defense of the practice is moot.

The bucket is highly suspicious to me. The British perfected a practice called "the Bucket" which was used to crush the personality of inmates. They used it mostly on the Irish. The effect was similar to a lobotomy--the victim can no longer integrate perceptions, and so cannot dress or feed himself, or even carry on a conversation afterward. In other words, the inmate cannot even testify as to how he was tortured. (waterboarding can have this effect in some persons as well; "the bucket" succeeded in producing this every time.)

So the fact that a bucket is being used on US inmates should set off alarm bells for anyone who knows the history of torture.

Where I worked (TX), a "new inmate" who wasn't cleared for a general population assignment could not be put in a cell with an object (like a bucket, for example), because it would make a great weapon, especially if swung on the end of shackles, kind of a "morning star of poo". Prisoners also love to use their poo as a weapon, so I cannot picture giving "Crazy Larry" a bucket to save his poo up in, in the second place. In the third place, poo is a great lubricant-- for sliding shackled off your wrists and ankles, or for spreading on the floor so guards will slip and fall during an escape attempt.

So TX state rules would be, no new guy with a bucket, nobody chained to an object, and nobody saving up their poo.

The whole thing makes me think something much, much worse is going on that the article even guesses at.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Usually, the argument is made by torture advocates for "fearing up" the inmate to get information out of him*.

US prisons are not locations for information extraction, so that whole defense of the practice is moot.

The bucket is highly suspicious to me. The British perfected a practice called "the Bucket" which was used to crush the personality of inmates. They used it mostly on the Irish. The effect was similar to a lobotomy--the victim can no longer integrate perceptions, and so cannot dress or feed himself, or even carry on a conversation afterward. In other words, the inmate cannot even testify as to how he was tortured. (waterboarding can have this effect in some persons as well; "the bucket" succeeded in producing this every time.)

So the fact that a bucket is being used on US inmates should set off alarm bells for anyone who knows the history of torture.

Where I worked (TX), a "new inmate" who wasn't cleared for a general population assignment could not be put in a cell with an object (like a bucket, for example), because it would make a great weapon, especially if swung on the end of shackles, kind of a "morning star of poo". Prisoners also love to use their poo as a weapon, so I cannot picture giving "Crazy Larry" a bucket to save his poo up in, in the second place. In the third place, poo is a great lubricant-- for sliding shackled off your wrists and ankles, or for spreading on the floor so guards will slip and fall during an escape attempt.

So TX state rules would be, no new guy with a bucket, nobody chained to an object, and nobody saving up their poo.

The whole thing makes me think something much, much worse is going on that the article even guesses at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join