It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should torture be allowed in US prisons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I read this disturbing article about how prisoners are shackled to a bucket for a few days until they take 6 dumps in bucket. Once they take 6 dumps in a bucket the shackles are removed. While they are shackled they must eat with their mouth on the floor.

So my question is for the good ATS Christians we have on this fine website is it morally okay to torture prisoners? What would Jesus do?

People in Alabama Prisons Are Shackled to Buckets for Days on End

Welcome to the new America!

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
You should ask Joe Biden, he was governor while many of these tactics were being struck down as violations of the eighth amendment.

States rights. Maybe, don't murder, rape and steal and criminals with intent and no mercy for victims will never have to experience a potential bucket tactic?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
NO!

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You should ask Joe Biden, he was governor while many of these tactics were being struck down as violations of the eighth amendment.

Already getting it out there for 2020 I see.

Man you guys are starting earlier and earlier.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
"Should torture be allowed in US prisons"

WTF, no. We're not looking to emulate North Korea or China, are we?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
No, it shouldn't, makes the warden/staff no better than the prisoner. It's hard though, to feel sympathy for some of these people.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
yea, actually I am. I lied you know, He wasn't, but for some reason you did not call me on that?

Anyways, as to the subject, no torture is not allowed no should it be. This bucket detail thing is currently being challenged in court after a damning report by the Justice department. So the Supreme court will likely also force the end of this practice at Limestone Prison by way of finding prison guards personally liable for committing these cruel and unusual punishments the way their 2002 ruling ended the practice of hitching posts.

I am usually one of the only people in threads about deranged criminals or rapists trying to talk people out of their own deranged Purge/Hostel torture fantasies in regards to some sick pedo or beater of the elderly. Torture corrupts the soul. A bullet to the head is the most merciful method of execution, for the convicted as well as for the soul of the executioner.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

edit on 6-5-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
so... this is ATS...sad, I think I'v had enough
edit on 6-5-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I read this disturbing article about how prisoners are shackled to a bucket for a few days until they take 6 dumps in bucket. Once they take 6 dumps in a bucket the shackles are removed. While they are shackled they must eat with their mouth on the floor.

So my question is for the good ATS Christians we have on this fine website is it morally okay to torture prisoners? What would Jesus do?

People in Alabama Prisons Are Shackled to Buckets for Days on End

Welcome to the new America!

Why direct it specifically at Christians?

Any rudimentary knowledge of Christianity which I assume you have would point towards no.

It would be a no from the rest of us too.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

States rights. Maybe, don't murder, rape and steal and criminals with intent and no mercy for victims will never have to experience a potential bucket tactic?

So then the Prison Industrial Complex just has to lobby state by state and get the carte blanche. Its what the Anti-Smoking Lobby did.

Corruption and degeneracy is an inherent statistic to the human animal. [I mean just look at DC.] TORTURE them!

edit on 6-5-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Absolutely not.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

SUPPOSEDLY, Jesus said "WORSHIP ME OR SUFFER FOR ETERNITY IN A BOTTOMLESS PIT OF FIRE AND TORTURE!!!".

The foretext being "do as I say think like I want you to think behave how I expect you to behave or EAT SNIP HEATHEN SCUM!".

So how do you REALLY expect them to respond??

edit on 6-5-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
hey, you leave my alien space Jesus out of this conversation! We all know whatever it actually is will be returning to Earth, and the sides it chooses will have nothing to do with religion. Its coming for whoever can buy their continued existence into the next era with gold. Everyone else will suffer horrific kinetic bombardments of their most significant industrial and military capacity.

Then he going to be all, "so long and thanks for all the fish gold"

The survivors will model the next jesus, brahma, moses or whoever they decide to write stories and lie about for continue dominion over hearts and minds.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I would need to ask why? What would be the purpose other than just make jail life miserable.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Should torture be permitted towards us citizens...

Ffs, why is this even a question today?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

why not? after all torture is allowed and extensively used by the police, to put those prisoners in prison in the first place. so why is it only wrong to do after they are in prison?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Should torture be permitted towards us citizens...

Ffs, why is this even a question today?

Dont be a Ftard "criminal". Or else who cares? (well not whats his name anyways)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I don't think torture should be allowed unless under certain circumstances such as being detained while withholding very important information like a planned bombing about to take place, a code to disarm it, anything that could cause unnecessary damage if the information wasn't taken from them.
Other than that I don't see the point, prison is enough torture itself.

The justice system if failing in every country, It needs a massive overhaul.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

To allow torture is to allow sadistic cruel and by persuasion criminal people to rule by tyranny, it does not matter of the victim is innocent or a criminal themselves, torture is a slip backward in human society's to the dark ages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join