It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Lincoln strike group deployed to send Iran 'clear and unmistakable' message, Bolton says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
Blah blah. This is becoming more and more boring everyday. Neocons in US have been drooling over war with Iran for over 4 decades.
Now that ordinary Iranian citizens are deprived from basic human rights like access to medicine because of unhumane and disgusting sanctions of US trump regime, we really don't care anymore. Neocons in US should know that we have nothing to lose and we're mentally prepared for an extensive war. So.....

*P.S: when i first joined this forum i was all like "lets have peace instead of war" but now that my close relative who has breast cancer can't get her hands on the needed medicine because of sanctions, I'm all for it. Lets get this sorted out immediately

Interesting, what part of Iran do you live in?

Your complaint is odd. Iran is still doing normal business with Russia and China and I'm fairly certain their is no sanction on humanitarian supplies. If those kind of supplies are in short supply it's due to something the Iranian Theocracy is doing and not due to any sanctions.

Since Iran has access to things like medical supplies from Russia and China why would they be in short supply?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

New sanctions are imminent so this is just a little advance saber rattling I'd think. Any President would do the same I'm sure.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Iran could nuke Israel tomorrow.

A lot of things could happen tomorrow.
Israel would destroy Iran upon detecting any launch, and Iran knows this.

None of which changes the fact that we do not need to be sending more troops to the middle east.
I am for bringing our troops home and letting our allies plan on defending themselves from the next "imaginary" tank war.

I am burned by conflicts and "the war on terror"; imo enough american blood has been spilled for others. Perhaps they should defend themselves a bit.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

“Anything could “ although the question was hypothetical. But I will clarify . I meant that the Iranian attack would happen .

Of course anything could happen. Unicorns could fly out of the sky tomorrow farting phosgene gas rainbows.

But if Iran nuked Israel tomorrow would you be for involvement or against involvement ?

They just shared a summary of the intelligence on Fox. The intelligence says they’re planning attackes against US troops .

Most people that claim every US involvement since World War II is bad. Will say it’s a lie, false flag or hoax on that one fox report alone . The internet was blanketed with accusations that the US would move into Venezuela when 5000 troops were transferred .

Our words are meaningless so I’m in the wait-and-see mode .

What should we project for us to try to prevent it? Or sit back and if something happens go immediately to war ?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They just shared a summary of the intelligence on Fox. The intelligence says they’re planning attackes against US troops .

Is the an intercept of "iranian war games"? Similar to what we do in the south pacific with south korea? Or do you think the Iranians are stupid enough to actually attack us?
Which US troops were to be attacked?

But if Iran nuked Israel tomorrow would you be for involvement or against involvement ?

do we have that many rad suits?
the Israelis would turn Iran into a sheet of glass.
What kind of "involvement" would be required?
Decontamination?

Does the name Jonathan Jay Pollard ring any bells?
Our "allies" sometimes seem to be coming the other way in the last 20 years.

We should not be involved unless we are SURE.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The big problem will be if they try to close the Strait of Hormuz like they've been threatening to do for years. I doubt they're dumb enough to try that because then it wouldn't just be the US coming to kick their ass. The world won't tolerate them trying to disrupt the transportation of oil. Like it or not, the world runs on oil. Saddam found that out real quick in the 90s. Even other Arabs went with us to # him up after the stunt he pulled with Kuwait.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Is the an intercept of "iranian war games"? Similar to what we do in the south pacific with south korea? Or do you think the Iranians are stupid enough to actually attack us?
Which US troops were to be attacked?

So it’s false flag/hoax. We’re done here there’s no sense going any farther .

And I’ll put you down for no humanitarian help or help for a long-standing ally that could sustain further attack .

I bet you that would really make Europe feel more comfortable .

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Israeli intelligence says Iran is planning on striking US troops in the Mideast. That is why the carrier for strike group was ordered to that area.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Lincoln is on an around the world deployment. She's moving home ports back to San Diego after her overhaul. She accelerated her arrival in CENTCOM, but was going to be there anyway as part of her cruise.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You're stupid if you believe that.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You're stupid if you believe that.

With no proof either way, either one of us could be stoopid.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Oh, I'm stupid sometimes..no doubt!

To the matter at hand, Israel has a history of bullsh#t, your friends killed 34 sailors in the Gulf of Tonkin, in order to involve the U.S. in their war.
They are liars!!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-5-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

No
I asked if it was intercepted plans for war games.
Similar to what we do at rimpac?

You put me down for whatever you like.

The eu can take care of europe.

I thought this was about Iran?
Deflect much?

How about we concentrate on the usa for a bit?
We do not need to be the worlds policeman.
They dont want the service and we get stuck with the bill.
How bout we spend the money on our defense at our southern border so no suitcase nukes get in?

Why is it wrong to make my country comfortable?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Lincoln is on an around the world deployment. She's moving home ports back to San Diego after her overhaul. She accelerated her arrival in CENTCOM, but was going to be there anyway as part of her cruise.

Yeah, but that's not what was said in the ZH article.

Also, here's the WSJ saying the same thing.

www.wsj.com...

I thought this was part of a regular TDY, it's not.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yes it is part of a regular deployment. The only difference is that she's being sent to the AOR sooner than originally planned.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Oh, I'm stupid sometimes..no doubt!

To the matter at hand, Israel has a history of bullsh#t, your friends killed 34 sailors in the Gulf of Tonkin, in order to involve the U.S. in their war.
They are liars!!

en.wikipedia.org...

Just to be clear, what exactly do you think Israel's intention was with that attack? To attack a US ship, with aircraft that only Israel possessed (Mirage IIIs) and that the US crew could easily identify as Israeli, NOT sink it so the US crew could report that it was Israeli aircraft that attacked it, and hope somehow the US would think one of the Arab countries attacked it and would then enter the war on Israel's side?

ETA: By the way, that was not the Gulf of Tonkin incident. That occurred in Vietnam. It doesn't sound like you're familiar enough with history to be making judgements about Israel's "history of bull#."
edit on 7 5 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ha, yup, you are of course correct, I mistakenly got the Gulf of Tonkin mixed in.

Why do you think the Israels attacked the ship? they knew it was American.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

www.ft.com...

Rudy Giuliani appears on stage with anti-Tehran group once branded terrorists Trump legal adviser joins Warsaw rally without administration approval....

Mr Giuliani, who serves as Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, said he attended the demonstration at the invitation of the Mojahedin-e-Khalq (MEK), an Iranian resistance group that was on the US state department’s terrorist list until 201

.....Speaking at the rally, Mr Giuliani called for an end to the Iranian regime, arguing any regional peace plan required a “major change in the theocratic dictatorship in Iran”.

An ya'll thought Trump wasn't in the pockets of the MIC or Globalists.

Different players same movie......Off to war....again

REGIME CHANGE

Giuliani Leads MEK "Regime Change" Chant

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Target Iran's leadership and wipe them out. That's what the Iranian people have wanted for over a year now.

Using that logic someone should do the same to Washington and Langley. To oust the deep state and give the MAGA's a free reign without obstacles from the Dems. Thats what the American people who voted for Trump have wanted for over 3 years now.

Regime Change Deep State.

Sheesh...hypocrisy knows no bounds on ATS.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: face23785

Ha, yup, you are of course correct, I mistakenly got the Gulf of Tonkin mixed in.

Why do you think the Israels attacked the ship? they knew it was American.

Nice dodge. Why do YOU think they attacked the ship? What would they gain from it?

ETA: Honestly I see two possibilities. One is that it was an accident, which is perfectly within the realm of possibility. Attacks on mistaken targets happen all the time in war. Fog of war, you know? Read a few books about war. The other possibility is that Israel attacked it to show they wouldn't tolerate ANYONE including big brother America encroaching on their territory during a war. Since the ship was in international waters at the time and not moving toward Israel's waters, and Israel immediately contacted the US to tell them it was an accident, I think that's unlikely. The entire point of doing that would be to say we don't give a # who you are, don't come near us. Claiming it was an accident completely defeats the purpose of taking such an action.

The only other alternative is the one I already explained was asinine, which is to think they attacked it to draw the US into the war. If that was their intention, they would have sunk it to leave at least some ambiguity so they could plausibly blame one of the Arab countries. To not sink it guarantees the crew will go back and tell Washington it was Israel that attacked them. How does that accomplish their purported goal of drawing America into the war on their side? It just doesn't make sense. These zany theories sound cool at first but they don't stand up to the slightest bit of logical scrutiny.
edit on 7 5 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join