It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: turbonium1

You just called God dumb. You're going to fry in the eternal pit for that.

You think God created a ball-shaped Earth, so you're the one who is calling God dumb.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Why do you think they stopped filming the rocket on the right side soon after the boosters were ejected?

They didn't need to stop filming it because we still see it, speeding down towards Earth, or anything like that, right?

What do you think? They ran out of film? Accidentally hit the stop button? Got bored? Figured it was good enough, and went out for dinner?

I'm sure it doesn't matter to you why they stopped filming a rocket flying down towards Earth, since you believe the rocket is flying up towards orbit, anyway. Fantasy-land works for you, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

He made everything else a sphere, what makes you think it's beyond Him to create Earth as a sphere. He made the laws of physics, He can do anything.

You're the one who has scales over your eyes and can't see His glory and the wonders He has performed. Take the beam out of your eye.

Earth is a sphere. The scientists that He gifted with intelligence have proved it over and over. You are the one denying that the heavens show His handiwork and refuse to acknowledge His works.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

How would a ball-shaped Earth work better? It's stupid. We have flat floors in our homes, buildings, and sidewalks to walk on. Not curved.

You have posted some shockingly ignorant things on this site but this really does take the biscuit.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Turbo needs a Top 5

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Who could forget his claim that a photo of astronaut John Young showed him not wearing a glove? That was his finest moment.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Actually i'd vote for "birds can fly so gravity doesn't exist"

just classic

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The Earth is variable. In reference to the problem of Polaris and trigonometry.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The Sun is probably thousands of miles away, at least.

Try 92.96 million miles or so. Or do you believe the Sun is a magic searchlight that's under your firmament?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

just classic

Yes - that one was quite jaw dropping!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Fantasy-land works for you, nothing else.

Says the poster who believes gravity is fake because birds can fly!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He made everything else a sphere, what makes you think it's beyond Him to create Earth as a sphere. He made the laws of physics, He can do anything.

You're the one who has scales over your eyes and can't see His glory and the wonders He has performed. Take the beam out of your eye.

Earth is a sphere. The scientists that He gifted with intelligence have proved it over and over. You are the one denying that the heavens show His handiwork and refuse to acknowledge His works.

Some stars certainly aren't spheres, for sure.

Even if spheres DO exist, none have life, in any way. Only Earth has life, and it's flat, not a sphere.

What would the point be of making Earth a sphere, instead of flat? Nothing.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

just classic

I didn't say that, so don't make up false quotes about me, it only proves you're a liar.

I said birds face NO RESISTANCE from any force, called 'gravity', which is true. Real forces resist opposing forces, and 'gravity' doesn't resist anything, which proves it doesn't exist.

Saying it exists is absolute nonsense.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Thats exactly what was said yet again... birds can fly because they have no resistance

Therefore gravity doesn't exist...

Like do you read what you type? Lol

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

just classic

I didn't say that, so don't make up false quotes about me, it only proves you're a liar.

I said birds face NO RESISTANCE from any force, called 'gravity', which is true. Real forces resist opposing forces, and 'gravity' doesn't resist anything, which proves it doesn't exist.

If they don't have any resistance from gravity then why do they need to flap?

I'd strongly advise discussing reality, you have no contact with it.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Thats exactly what was said yet again... birds can fly because they have no resistance

Therefore gravity doesn't exist...

Like do you read what you type? Lol

You don't even know you've made two entirely different claims, so I'll try and explain it to you...

I've already told you - repeatedly - that this supposed 'force' must act the same way as every actual force acts, which is RESISTING opposing force(s). We cannot prove a force exists without another force opposing it, known as RESISTANCE.

Gravity is supposed to be a force that holds/pulls down all objects to the Earth's surface, which means any object on Earth should face immense RESISTANCE from this force, if opposing it, by flying up above the Earth's surface, which is holding all objects down to Earth.

So once again, the point you don't understand is - the only way to prove if a force actually exists, or does not exist, is through RESISTANCE to opposing forces. How could we prove if magnetic force existed, without having other force(s) resisting it? If a piece of metal was lying on top of a magnet, how would we know if the magnet is holding down the metal to it, unless we use force to pull the metal off the magnet below it? We wouldn't know a force exists, holding the metal to it.....obviously.

However, if we pulled the metal piece away, without RESISTANCE from the object below it, do you spew about a magnetic force existing, or not?

Wind is another force we know exists, by resistance offered against it. When we walk into wind, it resists our walk. Going with the wind, we don't face resistance from wind, we are aided in our walk by this same wind force.

If a force called 'gravity' existed, which held all objects to Earth, birds and insects would face RESISTANCE from gravity, and whether or not they could even fly isn't relevant - it is the lack of any RESISTANCE to flying IS PROOF that no force called 'gravity' exists. Because all actual forces RESIST opposing forces, there are no exceptions.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

What do you suppose happens when a bird stops flapping its wings?

Assuming, of course, that it isn't a soaring bird.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

and as I've told you hundreds of times... gravity holds everything to the ground... including birds and insects

Unfortunately there are about 20 simple concepts that you fail to understand, which we've been over ad nauseum...

the main one in the case of birds being "lift", and air pressure... two concepts you don't learn in homeschooling apparently

IT doesn't matter how YOU actually explain it... its fabricated nonsense, that is nonsense to even the simplest minds... except you of course

SO... birds can fly... gravity doesn't exist... still one of your top 5 most moronic statements

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

just classic

If they don't have any resistance from gravity then why do they need to flap?

I'd strongly advise discussing reality, you have no contact with it.

Birds have to flap their wings to fly in the air, that's the only force here. You assume a force is holding down the birds to Earth's surface, which ignores how we prove if all forces exist, or do not exist - by whether or not the force RESISTS opposing forces. It cannot exist as a force without resisting other forces.

Please explain how to prove a force exists, without it ever resisting an opposing force....

You suggest a force holds the birds down to Earth's surface, and their wings are another force, used to fly against this incredibly massive force, which supposedly doesn't have any resistance against a bird's flight into air, which gives you the most powerful force that does nothing at all.

If you saw a piece of metal on top of an object that also appears metallic, would you claim it's a magnet, holding the metal piece on top of it, and nothing else could ever explain it? No, of course not. Why not?

How do you know if a magnet is holding the metal to it, or if the metal is just lying there, loosely, on top of another object, which doesn't hold it at all? If you have RESISTANCE when pulling away the metal piece, it's most likely a magnet, right? And if you feel NO resistance, it's probably NOT a magnet, then.

Appearances don't prove anything, yet that is exactly what you're trying to do here. You see birds on the Earth's surface, assuming they are held down to Earth's surface, and assume if gravity didn't hold them down, they would all float around in air, like all objects would float around in air, without a force holding all objects down to Earth.

Objects are on Earth, objects fly above Earth, too.

Every actual force offers RESISTANCE to opposing forces, assuming a force must exist, is simply tripe.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Like your grip on reality, gravity is a weak force. I can overcome it pretty easily, as can birds and insects. As soon as I stop trying to overcome it, gravity will start working again. Jump up, I come back down again. Stop applying thrust with engine , plane falls out of sky. Stop flapping, bird hits the ground.

Get enough angular momentum in the right direction in the right place and you can balance out the weak pull of Earth's gravity forever.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join