It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

I know. Pointless feeding him any more.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

so he is a newbie - with little stamina - a good troll would have this thread upto pg 106 by now

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

The air pressure coming out of the balloon is nothing compared to that of a rocket or in the case of firefighter hoses.

How am I full of crap. I didn’t write the article/study

link.springer.com...

Study shows that thrust is greater when the hose is bent. Because the air pushes off the hose at the bend.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

For a nearly incompressible liquid like water, not for gas.

For a pressurized hose. Not for a hose under suction.

How was there anything to transmit from the rocket to the hose back to the rocket when I showed with the stationary A8-3 rocket engine test did not back pressure the hose. The shopvac drew all the gasses and smoke down the hose. According to you there should have been no means to transmit anything across the vacuum.

Your so full of blatant falsehoods.

edit on 19-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

And your still full of crap and blatant falsehoods.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Because the air pushes off the hose at the bend.

How. According to you, when there is no back pressure you cannot build thrust. So, by your logic, how was the force transmitted to the hose back to the rocket in the absence of pressure.

edit on 19-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Made more specific

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So a rocket cannot build thrust in a “vacuum”, but can transmit trust in a “vacuum” to have it bounce back to create thrust in a “vacuum”

Your and idiot.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Here’s an idea. Maybe rockets in space trust in one direction because a reaction releases kinetic energy that causes the mass of gas molecules to collide against the top chamber of the rocket motor, and is not balanced out because the other end of the chamber is open and shoots out gas molecules which have mass and kinetic energy from the burning of rocket fuel.
edit on 19-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No. Because the rocket chamber is connected to the rocket. The hose was not connected to the rocket

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign

No. Because the rocket chamber is connected to the rocket. The hose was not connected to the rocket

Good gosh, you make no sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Sure I do. You stated the exhaust pushes off the top chamber. I stated you cannot push yourself in order to move. You have to push of an external object.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You really don't have a clue about Newton, do you?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Sure I do. You stated the exhaust pushes off the top chamber. I stated you cannot push yourself in order to move. You have to push of an external object.

Not when a controlled explosion is hitting the top of the combustion chamber with molecules with mass and kinetic energy. So it’s false to say a rocket is pushing it. The kinetic energy of the rocket fuel is the motive force.

It’s pretty much how a moving billiard ball causes a stationary billiard to move when they collide.

You don’t think gas from a chemical reaction has force. How do you think C4 cuts steel?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How can C4 cut steel when a path of least resistance into the atmosphere is offered? Because it’s about the kinetic energy released by the reaction.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

We've reached page 33, are you ever going to bother presenting any evidence to support your attempt at rewriting the laws of the universe or not?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

We've reached page 33, are you ever going to bother presenting any evidence to support your attempt at rewriting the laws of the universe or not?

There’s the YouTube video 🤪

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I’ve already presented many demonstrations. No in here has sufficiently proven an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

That kinetic energy is provided by pressure gradient force, not the rocket

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

That kinetic energy is provided by pressure gradient force, not the rocket

That is dead wrong. The chemical reaction between the fuel and oxidizer creates its own kinetic energy.

So burning fuel, raising the temperature of the gasses doesn’t give kinetic energy.

coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...

Temperature is a measure of the average heat or thermal energy of the particles in a substance.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Your whole fundamental understanding of rockets is wrong. And you look like an idiot for it.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join