It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Conservation of momentum is a fundamental law of physics which states that the momentum of a system is constant if there are no external forces acting on the system. It is embodied in Newton's first law (the law of inertia).

The external force is pressure gradient force. Not the rocket pushing. The thrust equation falseynasuumesnthat there is an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force. The thrust equation is shown to be false

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

So I guess you cannot “debunk” the linked to videos showing rockets working in space. Rockets that produce tangible results like experiments, placing payloads in orbit, carrying people back and forth to the international space station.

Your claim rockets will not work in a vacuum is a blatant falsehood shown false by everyday uses of rocket deployed technologies.
edit on 19-5-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

So your only proof is hearsay from space agencies? Alleged launches into space. It’s easy to brainwash especially when you start from childhood. It took world wars to bring about the hoax the first time because the brainwashing doesn’t work on those who realize and question

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign

So your only proof is hearsay from space agencies? Alleged launches into space. It’s easy to brainwash especially when you start from childhood. It took world wars to bring about the hoax the first time because the brainwashing doesn’t work on those who realize and question

Quote where I used “hearsay”. Sad to see you continue using false arguments.

The argument is from first had accounts of people traveling to and from the International space station that is visible in Earth’s night sky. The flashes off satellites in orbit that you can observe yourself. Items used in space placed in space by rockets. International space station, mirrors on the moon, satellite phones, GPS satellites, telecommunications satellites, experiments, probes sent to planets, comets, moons, and asteroids, moon mapping missions, weather satellites.....

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

There's a difference between unsupported hogwash, kneejerk dismissal and verifiable evidence. The existence of satellites launched by rockets that work in space is independently verifiable. Your nonsense is not.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Ok verify it then. Why aren’t there thousands upon thousands of independent verifications?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Ok verify it then. Why aren’t there thousands upon thousands of independent verifications?

I would think weather imagery and weather data from weather satellites proved by local news, national news, the weather channel, and internet weather sites would be proof of satellites in orbit placed by rockets....

Or just seeing the international space station travel across the night sky......

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

How do you know there aren't? There are large numbers of people who really don't care that you exist and go about their business enjoying amateur meteorology without letting you know they're doing it. Their failure to acknowledge your fantasy world does not mean they aren't out there intercepting weather satellite data - something you could do if you had he cojones to put your money where your mouth is.

I have also verified it myself - I've told you several times that I was involved in setting up a satellite receiving station in the late 1980s for an educational establishment. Feel free to call me a liar, but I wouldn't.

You could also read all of the documentation I talk about on my site here:

onebigmonkey.com...

Which compares the meteorological record with that of the Apollo missions. Some of that record consists of original hard copy documentation from the time - no CGI involved, actual paper copies of original publications. Then there are pages like this:

www.dd1us.de...

Which consists of audio recordings of satellites. You can get software that will convert those audio recordings into images.

Then there are these sites:

www.planetary.org...

hackernoon.com...

www.rtl-sdr.com...

www.geo-web.org.uk...

www.polmontweather.co.uk...

amongst many.

Just because you don't know about it, or because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Then where is the proof. You provided a video of a rocket that stop before the rocket even enters space. The rest is just cgi. The cgi is the movie gravity was much better by the way.

This launch

Onboard camera view: launch and separation of Sentinel-1A

m.youtube.com...

Placed this item into space:

Sentinel-1A

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Sentinel-1A is a European radar imaging satellite launched in 2014. It is the first Sentinel-1 satellite launched as part of the European Union's Copernicus programme. The satellite carries a C-band Synthetic Aperture Radar which will provide images in all light and weather conditions. It will track many aspects of our environment, from detecting and tracking oil spills and mapping sea ice to monitoring movement in land surfaces and mapping changes in the way land is used.

Launch

Sentinel-1A was launched on 3 April 2014 by a Soyuz rocket at 21:02:31 GMT (23:02:31 CEST). The first stage separated 118 seconds later, followed by the fairing (209 s), second stage (287 s) and the upper assembly (526 s).[6] After a 617-second burn, the Fregat upper stage delivered Sentinel into a Sun-synchronous orbit at 693 km altitude. The satellite separated from the upper stage 23 min 29 s after liftoff.

And produced these radar images

Sentinel-1A Satellite delivers first Radar Images of Earth

spaceflight101.com...

The newly launched Sentinel-1A satellite has returned the first images acquired with its high-fidelity radar system. Sentinel-1A is making good progress in its commissioning phase that will prepare the satellite for regular acquisition of high-resolution and calibrated radar images for release through the European Commission’s Copernicus program.

Following a close call in the first night of the mission that featured an unprecedented Debris Avoidance Maneuver (a story told here by the mission team), Sentinel-1A continued its early operations with flying colors – being awarded a clean bill of health and beginning to collect radar images of chosen targets on Earth.

This is some of the access offered by the European Space Agency from the Sentinel Program

sentinel.esa.int...

Sentinel data products are made available systematically and free of charge to all data users including the general public, scientific and commercial users. The data will be delivered within an hour of reception for Near Real-Time (NRT) emergency response, within three hours for NRT priority areas and within 24 hours for systematically archived data.

All data products are distributed in the Sentinel Standard Archive Format for Europe (SAFE) format.

Each mode can potentially produce products at SAR Level-0, Level-1 SLC, Level-1 GRD, and Level-2 OCN.

Data products are available in single polarisation (VV or HH) for Wave mode and dual polarisation (VV+VH or HH+HV) or single polarisation (HH or VV) for SM, IW and EW modes.

How to get Sentinel data

Access to Sentinel data via download

sentinel.esa.int...

The free, full and open data policy adopted for the Copernicus programme foresees access available to all users for the Sentinel data products, via a simple self-registration. News and further information about the service is available here.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Are you going to post blatantly false arguments concerning all the data and services provided by in orbit satellites placed into space by rockets to keep trolling. How much of your credibility are you willing to sale out on to keep
Trolling?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
21 pages on this?
Eh!
🤯

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks
Lol yes unfortunately. When I started reading this thread it was in the normal forums, now it's been moved to LOL so that's a start. The OP refuses to give up the pressure gradient force which seems to be the crux of his argument, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. "Lead a horse to water" and all that. Entertaining nonetheless.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Ohh well
At least it's entertaining lol

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Conservation of momentum is a fundamental law of physics which states that the momentum of a system is constant if there are no external forces acting on the system. It is embodied in Newton's first law (the law of inertia).

The external force is pressure gradient force. Not the rocket pushing. The thrust equation falseynasuumesnthat there is an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force. The thrust equation is shown to be false

www.youtube.com...

The pressure gradient isn't an external force.

The operation of rockets shows that the the rocket equation is true.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

But your explanation doesn’t mimic reality.

My friend, what I said is reality.

I suggest you read through these before continuing:
www.grc.nasa.gov...
www.grc.nasa.gov...

You still can’t prove an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force.

I did explain it, but you didn't understand it. I first attempted to explain to you what pressure is on a submicroscopic scale. In order to have a "pressure gradient" you must first have a "pressure". Don't you agree?

It seems you think a pressure-gradient force can be created from nothing. You don't put any thought into the driving force(s). The driving forces here are the collisions and repulsion between the moving gas molecules which causes the gas to expand.

In order to have a pressure-gradient you first need a high pressure area. To have a high pressure area in this case you must constrain the expansion of gases with another force, and in this case its a container or combustion chamber that applies an equal and opposite force to constrain the expansion force of the gas. This creates a high pressure area.

Once you have a high pressure area, you then need a low pressure area to allow the gas to expand into. So in this case the vacuum of space. In order for the gas to expand out into the vacuum of space, it must push against and away from the container or combustion chamber which causes it to move. That is the equal and opposite force from gas movement you are asking me to prove. This is what causes the rocket to move in space. The gas itself is pushing the container or combustion chamber away as it expands out into the vacuum.

This movement of the gas into the vacuum then results in a measurable pressure-gradient force. Notice the pressure gradient-force is an effect and not a cause. The cause is the expansion of the gas, which is what drives the movement into low pressure areas.

You must also understand what a "force" is. Put simply, a force is any interaction that causes an object to move. It can be simplified even further by saying a force is either a pull or a push. I usually say attraction or repulsion. It seems you think a pressure-gradient force is a pull, as if the low pressure area is pulling the high pressure into it. In reality, pressure-gradient force is a push. The high pressure area is pushing itself into the low pressure area. But what is the high pressure area pushing off of? It's pushing off of whatever constrained the high pressure area, in this case the container or combustion chamber. This push causes an equal and opposite force AKA rockets flying in space.
edit on 19-5-2019 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

Once you have a high pressure area, you then need a low pressure area to allow the gas to expand into. So in this case the vacuum of space. In order for the gas to expand out into the vacuum of space, it must push against and away from the container or combustion chamber which causes it to move. That is the equal and opposite force from gas movement you are asking me to prove. This is what causes the rocket to move in space. The gas itself is pushing the container or combustion chamber away as it expands out into the vacuum.

Awesome explanation that will be ignored with no structured argument so the individual can get their troll on.

You’ll probably get a blatantly false argument like this...

I have sighted sources en.m.wikipedia.org...

I’ve also made experiments to show that there is no equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Why do you lie? You can even calculate the force
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

no one can prove that there is an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force, this is the basis of the argument.

No one can refute this argument. They can only contest it with other alleged circumstances such as satellites. However there is very little proof of space satellites.

edit on 20-5-2019 by NicSign because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Again
Think about it this way. The gas exiting from the rocket is basically a controlled explosion. If the reacting gassed were not in a nozzle, the exit gasses would want to expand in all directions. Is that false. In a rocket, the gas release is forced out in one direction. Is that false. So the gas is required to push against the combustion chamber. Is that false. The expanding gasses by contact and collisions is forced out the nozzle opening. Is that false. So by Newton’s third law, the expanding gasses forced out of the nozzle by contact will result in thrust for the rocket. Is this false.

For the expanding gas to get out of the combustion chamber and out the nozzle of the rocket, the gas has to push against the mass of the rocket at the combustion chamber. Is that false?

Using Newton’s third law to move the rocket has nothing to to with the atmosphere. Is that false.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

For the exhaust gas to get out of a rocket motor, it has to push against the walls of the rocket motor creating a “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” Is that false.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join