'The Beast'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
SMR

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have the feeling this may get moved to BTS,but it does fall into this topic.

The theory:
That Jesus Christ never existed, while largely unknown to most lay Christians, is gaining credibility among scholars. Historians do not consider the Gospels to be historically accurate accounts. The authors of the Gospels, writing 40 to 90 years after the supposed life of Christ, never intended for their works to be read as biographies. There are no credible non-Christian references to Christ during the period in which he is said to have lived.

The Beast is directed by internationally acclaimed filmmaker Brian Flemming. Flemming's work has been called "a parallel universe" by the BBC, "jaggedly imaginative" by the New York Times, and "immensely satisfying" by USA Today. The Fox News Channel dubbed him "a young Oliver Stone." Flemming won the New York Times Claiborne Pell Award for Original Vision for his groundbreaking feature film Nothing So Strange, which was released theatrically in 2003 and is currently distributed on DVD in more than 200 countries.

Flemming is a former fundamentalist Christian. An in-depth interview with him is available in the first issue of The Beast newsletter. For a more extensive biography, see the Internet Movie Database.

This is a movie being made and set to be released 6-6-06
Like 'Passion of the Christ',I can see those in the religious community creating an uproar.

From what I have read on the site board, raises question with some facts at the possibility that Christ did not exist.
They have a messagboard that has discussion on looking for evidence of Christs' existance.One topic How much evidence is there that Jesus actually existed? The answer may surprise you.

Check out the website The Beast

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Has anyone seen Grorge Washingtion.

Does anyone belive that he ever lived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, I've met George Washington in person, and I liked The Life Of Brian too.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You may want to try the search function...this has been discussed here before in many threads...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I can remember Jesus Christ being discussed in a topic once, but I can't remember a topic about a filmmaker cashing in on his non-existence.

But just a few minutes ago I was posting about the conspiracy against reposts at ATS as proof of conspiracy, so now I am not sure what position to adopt.

I shall sit on the fence, in emulation of others.

SMR

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
LadyV,
I dont mean to sound rude,but thats all I ever see you do.Go around and tell people to use the search function.
This board wouldnt be 1/3 what it is if people used the search before posting.
You seem to want to have a MOD status the way you always do this.It gets quite annoying seeing it so much.Why not post constructively and then a link perhaps.
Isnt there a RULE not to post one-two line replies?I even got warned once about it.You do alot of it.

Back on topic,though it maybe talked about alot here,this is about a movie coming out showing the findings about the issue.

If this has been posted before,about the movie,I did not find it.I dont really like the search fuction here as it is 25% at best when finding something.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
LadyV,
I dont mean to sound rude,but thats all I ever see you do.Go around and tell people to use the search function.

I don't mean to sound rude either, really I don't, but it's customary to add to an existing thread instead of make up new one on the same subject matter....and if that's all you see me do...your not reading enough......I don't think I gained points by just posting to use the search function.......plus, if you've seen it, you must know the rules...so.....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Oh come on. Why would they write about Jesus in the gospels if he didnt exhist? That wouldnt make any sence whatsoever! Its always people trying to discredit Jesus. I never see any1 trying to say Buddha, Moses or Muhamed didnt exhist. It's always Jesus and Christianity and Im getting sick of this.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I know Jesus, and no he is not a personal friend of mine. He is my God

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I never see any1 trying to say Buddha, Moses or Muhamed didnt exhist. It's always Jesus and Christianity and Im getting sick of this.

Yeah...I don't ever have anyone pushing Buddha, Moses or Muhamed at me...just Jesus...I get so sick of it!

SMR

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Look at the majority LadyV.Where do you live?
Those religions are not as big here so why would one expect otherwise.
Jesus and God are the majority when it comes to religion.The others are a small percentage.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

I never see any1 trying to say Buddha, Moses or Muhamed didnt exhist. It's always Jesus and Christianity and Im getting sick of this.

Yeah...I don't ever have anyone pushing Buddha, Moses or Muhamed at me...just Jesus...I get so sick of it!

Ever been to an airport?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Ever been to an airport?

Many, many times and never....not once, have I ever had anyone pushing Buddha, Moses or Muhamed at me...never!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Ever been to an airport?

Many, many times and never....not once, have I ever had anyone pushing Buddha, Moses or Muhamed at me...never!

lol me neither. Although I did once get pushed by a born again christian when I was walking home from school. I told him I was catholic and would never give up my religion and then walked away. Put him in his place

[edit on 2/3/05 by Croat56]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That's because they're not as well known. Not everyone knows Buddha, but everyone knows Jesus. It would be the most hilarious and devastating blow against Christianity ever if JC wasn't real. *Poof* There goes the religion. Down the drain.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluePostman
That's because they're not as well known. Not everyone knows Buddha, but everyone knows Jesus. It would be the most hilarious and devastating blow against Christianity ever if JC wasn't real. *Poof* There goes the religion. Down the drain.

I dont think it would be hilarious if(and thats a pretty big if) Jesus wasnt real. It would be really sad. There would be no more reason to live anymore

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There would be no more reason to live anymore

WHAT!? (yes I am yelling) Why!? I can't understand that at all!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

There would be no more reason to live anymore

WHAT!? (yes I am yelling) Why!? I can't understand that at all!

Because. No Jesus, no God. Why bother living anymore. Nothing to live for. No heaven. Why bother.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is a god in my opinion with or without Jesus...there is an after life, there are things to be done. While I am here on the earth in this incarnation, with or without a Jesus, there many things to love..... the flowers smell wonderful, the rain feels good....snow is beautiful, my grandchildren's laughter........many things to enjoy while in the earthly form. there are many, many believers of spirituality after death that are not Christian.....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
``

well, after getting my 20 minute of typing eaten up by theATS
computer....i remember why i keep messages in the LF Zone

heres a site that explores around 15 non biblical references to
Christ-Jesus, whomever

www.grantjeffrey.com...

of special interest is Phlegon a pagan historian and one to cite
an un-natural solar-eclipse lasting 3 hours during a full moon in the 19th year of Tiberius Caesar of Rome

[edit on 2-3-2005 by St Udio]

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join