It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Those Tiny White Dots in Mind-Blowing New Hubble Photo Are Actually Galaxies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Excellent OP!!

S&F!

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge
So again at best our radio waves will fade out of existence, mixing with the background radiation, being lost to time and the vastness of space.

Background radiation is sunlight hitting the surface of the object or creature we refer to as the universe.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
that tiny pixel in the sky contains 265,000 galaxies, just imagine

Even in Star Trek every one of those points of light Were Out Of Reach. A very humbling photo.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Star Trekkin across the Universes....

We come in peace, Shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill...

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My biggest concern when it comes to space, will our guys be the ones making the profit and securing the borders?
Final frontiers are usually good opportunity for profit.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
That's 265,000 Galaxies and billions of years in one picture , the picture is called the Hubble Legacy Field and it's comprised of 16 years of previous deep field observations including the Hubble Ultra Deep Field and the eXtreme Deep Field.

I've always felt it is also cool to turn around the idea of us looking out at the galaxies in this and similar images, and instead consider an alien in a far-far away galaxy looking at their own version of this image -- one that might include out Milky Way galaxy among the thousand upon thousands of galaxies that show up in their image.

In that hypothetical alien image, our entire galaxy might appear as just a single pixel of light, and would be rather anonymous among the other thousands of similar pixel-galaxies.

That alien looking at their own version of an image like this would practically not even notice our galaxy among the other dots, and it would be unremarkable relative to the other little dots because we wouldn't be any different than those other little dots.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
That's an amazing pic! The shear magnitude of what we're seeing in that photo is incomprehensible and its merely a grain of sand in the Universe. Just thinking of all the Solar Systems that are in just one of those dots/Galaxies hurts my brain.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If
all of it came from only one black hole BIG BANGING
(emphasis on big and banging)

Then
trillions of black holes because infinite universe from one banging
(calculations of them big banging forthcoming)

Else
where all dis come from

Else If
we all gon die from new big bang that already happened, we cant see because telescope looks back in time

Do Loop
big bangs before big bangs before big bangs = X
X = infinity

End If

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It's not secret. It's quite simple really. If ET exists we would have discovered him by now. Does this mean ET doesn't exist? No, but if he does we don't recognize him and very likely never will.

That I'm sorry to say, is hilarious. We are basically at the amoeba stage as far as technology goes. That's quite a bold statement - saying we would have discovered ET by now. We are thrilled we just got a small bit of technology out of our ridiculously tiny bit of space real estate. And you seriously believe we would have discovered alien life on planets moving around suns hundreds of millions of light years away?

And our alien seeking tech is targeting tech that aliens (and us eventually) would have ditched a couple hundred years after use. If they used it at all.

Star Wars is probably close to accurate as far as intermingling of species goes. One day in the future, if we don't blow ourselves up first, or fry our own planet, we'll mix and meet with species from all sorts of races in just our galactic backyard, and that will be a minuscule fraction of what is out there.

Mankind certainly has a hilarious misconception of our ability to discover life on other planets, that's for certain. We are galactic ants, nothing more at this point.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The architecture of life is truly amazing to contemplate.

We are bilateral in one direction. Everything we have one of (externally) is on the centerline, but we are virtual mirrors on each side. Inside, again things we have one of are pretty much on the centerline, however our heart is on one side. Vertically, the symmetry is bilateral but only when looked at at a 90 degree zenith.

One wonders if all life is basically built on the same ergonomic principles.
But then there are spheres, tubes and blobs. Blobs like the Amoeba.

The single celled Amoeba we understand, can generally take on any physical form it wants, but they do not do that.
Imagine one that can... perhaps there is an intelligent Amoeba like alien out there.... The Blob might not be science fiction.

edit on 6-5-2019 by charlyv because: s

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Imagine the possibility that there were ancient civilizations in those galaxies who did the same thing and stood in awe and asked themselves the same question we do...why do men have nipples?

Of course I meant 'are we alone?' well we are here so the chances are better than zero, I still think it's statically impossible for life-sentient or not-to exist.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Amazing

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I would tend to believe that it is something like Star Trek. There is, for lack of a better term, a federation that has agreed not to let itself be known and interact on an everyday basis until a life form reaches a certain level. And to do so would be breaking the law and must be done in secret.

I also believe in God, big G, and what he said that when we were created by those that developed us that we were developed to become the second most powerful beings out there. This is why there is quite the struggle on this planet and it draws so much attention.

To believe we are alone in space and time is simply crazy talk and to believe it is random and unorganized is arrogant at best.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
It's not secret. It's quite simple really. If ET exists we would have discovered him by now. Does this mean ET doesn't exist? No, but if he does we don't recognize him and very likely never will.

Unless there are only a few technological civilizations existing in the galaxy at the present moment. That might mean the closest is too far away for us and them to have come across each other.

edit on 5/6/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

What ever the choice may be.. I hope they will make a 20 season long sci fi series about exploring and colonizing space and perhaps discover alien life, perhaps in the same theme as the movie martian.. heavy on the science and less laser battles.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Yes, it is theoretically possible I suppose.

But again, I would say the probabilities are small.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What if they are just dots on a screen that NASA wants you to think are galaxies?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Anyone who wants to see a lot of galaxies can do so by using a good but relatively modest telescope that amateur/hobbyist astronomers use. Taking that idea to a logical extension, a better telescope should be able to see farther and see more galaxies.

It would shock me if the only galaxies that existed were the ones that happened to be close to us that I could see with an amateur astronomer's telescope. I mean, what reason could there be for those to be the only galaxies that exist, without any others farther away?

By the way, NASA owns the Hubble Telescope, but most of the observations made on it are NOT done by NASA. For example, this image was put together and analyzed by a team from the University of California at Santa Cruz.

Also, by the way, there are many other very powerful telescopes around the would that are not run by NASA, and those telescopes can take (and have taken) similar deep field images of space showing thousands of far-away galaxies.

edit on 5/6/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Given the scale of the Universe I'd find it more terrifying being alone than not TBH , that would just be the craziest quirk of the Universe ever.

There is no possible chance that we are alone. None.

Yes, yes there is. And furthermore, it's almost a certainty. However, in order to understand, you first have to define "we" and "alone". If you are in the middle of the Indian Ocean, by yourself, on a sinking sailboat, are you alone? When you say "we", do you mean an entity with two arms, two legs a torso and a head? Does an entity with no physical form at all count as "we"?

It stands to reason that there are other planets so well ready for life to exist. One in infinity? Impossible.

That we even exist, proves that probability.

No, it only proves we exist in a physical form on planet Earth at a certain point in time.

I know I know, there is a secret algorithm that they use to denounce the concept.. well not secret, but still.. may as well be. Drake may as well be a broken record.

But will we ever meet our distant neighbours? Will we even ever speak face to face to someone across this globe?

Almost certainly not. (with a probability of about 99.999%)

I believe there are countless planets, filled with rich cultures and species, vastly different to what we know. a plethora of life forms, existing, wondering the same...

Countless planets, yes. Filled with rich cultures and species, debatable. Vastly different to what we know, absolutely. A plethora of life forms, define "life form". Existing, wondering the same..., highly unlikely.

Is there anything like us, out there.

No.

Sorry but I'm calling complete bullsnip on your above post. There is far to many systems let alone planets out there for us to be the only sentient life in existence, plain and simple. Years ago I had very same debate with another poster on this site, if you break it down even in our own galaxy there should be 1000+ sentient life forms in existence. Now take that to the next step and apply it to the Trillions upon Trillions (I repeat TRILLIONS) of galaxies out there and any argument against it simply falls apart.

As to the thought that we should have found them by now, again complete bullsnip! The farthest our radio signals have traveled is only about 100 light years, and at that distance it would be near impossible to discern them from the background radiation. Plus, in order for them to receive and return a transmission they would have to be on the same technological plane we are. If they instead developed quantum entanglement before radio waves, or some yet unknown form of communication then they may never even notice our signals. It is our over inflated ego's and limited thought processes that prevent us from seeing that possibility. We are used to being number 1, on our planet, so it's hard for us to accept that there could be others who are far more advanced or whose thinking is so vastly different to ours that we would go without notice.

I agree with all of this. Great post! This does make me wonder though... what does so much more advanced than us they don’t care about us look like or mean? In what ways are they leaps and bounds beyond us? I can buy the argument but that’s where my mind goes...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't understand why but everytime I see images of the deep space like this one, I'm almost instantly moved into tears. It's something I cannot rationally explain it's always have been like this, since I remember. Thanks, OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join