It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experience With The Water Spirits Of Knaresborough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is the location of my experience, not my choice of music.

There are cave dwellings along the riverbanks, Ursula Southill, aka Mother Shipton and Saint Robert being two of the most famous former inhabitants.

It’s probable that Mother Shipton was a genuine historical figure. It’s equally probable that her legacy has been gilded so heavily that it is now beyond recognition. I’d hypothesize that Shipton made her name as a fortune teller in her home county and built a reputation that outlived her. Eventually this reputation crossed-over into folklore and became more a work of art than a fact of history.
www.british-paranormal.co.uk...

Having his hermitage destroyed for the second time, this time by the forces of law and order under William de Stuteville, Robert returned to the cave at Knaresborough, where he stayed for the rest of his life.
www.wilfrid.com...

I strongly recommend a visit to St Robert's cave. Face the alter space and sing deep notes. You'll soon find the note that makes the cave resonate. Archaeoacoustics.

My experience by the river here has increased my safety on the water.

I stood quietly and receptively at the water's edge. White dots began falling all around me. There had been hail earlier in the day and these dots resembled frozen or semi-frozen precipitation. Fascinated, I reached out my hand and felt nothing, I turned up my face and felt nothing, I studied the water closely to see if spots of precipitation were impacting the surface, nothing. Yet these white dots continued to fall all around me.

In my peripheral vision I became aware of a form rising out of the water at my feet. It appeared to be water but looked similar to flame the way it rose and danced. When I looked directly at it it was gone, then looking straight ahead it re-appeared. It approached my legs at knee height. I wasn't aware of it entering my knees, if it did it was very gentle.

Then a second form appeared, darker than the first. A voice told me, "This one will pull you in. You have to stand firm". I felt it enter my knees. There was a distinctive emotion with it, I had visions of water spirits pulling people under.

Some weeks later I was kayaking on a canal. I was wearing a leather jacket and no buoyancy aid. I knew I couldn't swim in the jacket but reasoned the canal was shallow enough to stand up in so I could just walk out in an emergency. After an hour or so on the water I approached a much deeper area with a thick layer of weed on the surface. I paddled into the weed and an uncomfortable feeling struck me, with hindsight it was the distinctive emotion I felt when the second water spirit flowed into my knees.

I woke up in the early hours of the next morning with the sudden realisation that I would almost certainly have drowned if I'd entered the water for any reason while in the middle of the weed. The combination of thick weed, leather jacket and no buoyancy aid could have been fatal. Then I realised the feeling was there as a warning to me. If I pay attention and recognise this feeling I can avoid getting into difficulties on the water.

Thank you Water Spirits of Knaresborough.

edit on 5 5 2019 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
How I spent many a childhood day there.

(Even participated in the bed race a couple of times)

Thank you for the memories.

Lags

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I'm pretty sure I visited this place when I was a kid.

The scenery is unforgettable.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The place looks deep and mysterious, but the Airwolf theme song really made the video!

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Looks so magical - beautiful.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Water is a living conscious entity.

It is present in its all 3 states - solid, liquid, and gas = Trinity. Water is Holy. It has been around since the beginning and it connects everything on Earth. It carries Light energy everywhere around the world, no-one and nothing can live without it. It is LIFE itself.

The Light energy within water is immense, immeasurable, infinitely powerful. Water is life-giver, and life-taker.

The sparkles of white glittery dots within the water is the Christ-Light, Christ-energy. I have seen them too.

Light is life, in the physical and the Spiritual, and is absolutely the most amazing thing. Light is all there is. It is everything.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I grew up near there, have family very close to St. Roberts's cave, and so have spent many times around the river and visited Mother Shipton's a few times. It's definitely a magical place, thank you for sharing your experience.

I always feel a friendly presence in the area, except too close to the bridge. Anyone else find the surrounding area of the viaduct ominous?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NovaChameleon

Anyone else find the surrounding area of the viaduct ominous?

I'll bear that in mind next time I'm there. The collapse must have been dramatic.

the near-complete viaduct collapsed on 11 March and took three and a half years to rebuild
www.engineering-timelines.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Maybe it was some type of acoustic levitation occurring with the water precipitation. I bring it up because u mentioned that there is some archaeoacoustics occurring in the area.

If the acoustics were occurring it may have caused the water to behave in that fashion.

I strongly recommend a visit to St Robert's cave. Face the alter space and sing deep notes. You'll soon find the note that makes the cave resonate. Archaeoacoustics.

leolady

new topics

top topics

join