It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Time In 145 Years That A Winner At The Kentucky Derby Has Been Disqualified

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
My Father in law has been training horses for decades on the lower circuits and his opinion was if the DQ horse didn't swing out War of Will would have won the race going away he was in good position and seemed to be enjoying the race and had lots of life left in his legs.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I believe if Maximum Security had held his lane after he switched leads he might have stumbled and fell. A horse is at a tremendous disadvantage trying to stay on a circle on the outside lead.

That left front foot kept him out front most of the way and just needed a couple seconds of relief. When he got relief for just a moment he switched back to left lead and pulled away with ease by a horse length. Maximum should have won this race. He did clearly win this race in my opinion.

Put it this way, if I went across the finish line in 2nd place in that race I would not accept 1st place even if it were given to me. There's no way I could be satisfied with that.

You could fault the rider for swinging out and blocking an opponenant but not the horse in those sloppy conditions. The mud is what caused the extra fatigue and they were lucky not to have a catastrophe.

<< 1  2   >>

join