It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roseanne Barr's Son Asks: Why Was Director James Gunn Forgiven And Not His Mom?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Because he was referencing a pedo case in the news at the time.

He was being sarcastic with the joke being that his comments were obviously ridiculous.

Real murderers don’t go around telling people they are murderers..

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Because he was referencing a pedo case in the news at the time.

He was being sarcastic with the joke being that his comments were obviously ridiculous.

Real murderers don’t go around telling people they are murderers..

But people in the pedophile community do.
They cant help it. Its who they are attracted to.

They were born that way

Damn priest and boy scout leaders label the ones gotten with medal crossed and badges.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

ABC actually later slightly regretted the decision. It seems to me that they didn't want to appear to be the network that supported Roseanne. Network TV is struggling more these days with Netflix etc. in existence.

The thing is: Roseanne's tweet was NOT racist. She is not a racist at all, and quite the opposite actually. She really MEANT "monkey", that the person really did look like one, and she did not mean the slur monkey. It's the public and everyone else that saw racism where it didnm't exist. It's understandable to a degree, but it also showcases that people don't spend much time thinking these days.

On the other hand, I do find it distasteful for a celebrity to use a public forum to go around insulting people, pretty immature. I loved the Roseanne show, but I've found Roseanne herself to be somewhat of an idiot.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
a reply to: shawmanfromny

ABC actually later slightly regretted the decision. It seems to me that they didn't want to appear to be the network that supported Roseanne. Network TV is struggling more these days with Netflix etc. in existence.

The thing is: Roseanne's tweet was NOT racist. She is not a racist at all, and quite the opposite actually. She really MEANT "monkey", that the person really did look like one, and she did not mean the slur monkey. It's the public and everyone else that saw racism where it didnm't exist. It's understandable to a degree, but it also showcases that people don't spend much time thinking these days.

On the other hand, I do find it distasteful for a celebrity to use a public forum to go around insulting people, pretty immature. I loved the Roseanne show, but I've found Roseanne herself to be somewhat of an idiot.

Kind of hard to say what the tweet was or was not meant to be, Roseanne Barr didn't actually compile it, she retweeted it with a like. Unless you are Roseanne Barr I think it's hard to know what opinions she does or doesn't hold.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well she's gone out of her way to raise racist issues on her own show. She seems pretty anti-racist to me.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
She is playing a character, that doesn't actually mean anything in the show represented her real identity - maybe the one she would like to sell people, I'll grant you that.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Roxor your are part of a losing cult. All of you huddling together for warmth hoping for another person to tell you they will hand you everything and it’s all going to be ok.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh my bad.. I seemed to have missed the line of all the worlds pedophiles confessing their sins....

Assuming you meant the pedo community.. He didn’t do it to the pedo community.. he did it to the general public on Twitter...

Because it was a joke..

This whole situation was a bad , very hypocritical joke..

The rightwing media complex and a few notable republican senators decided to pretend this was a legit confession, then pretended Gunn was some champion of the left..

When to the best of my knowledge Gunn isn’t even overtly political.

Maybe I’m wrong but I’ve never seen him at a rally or some speech he gave go viral..

If I’m right this happened when the toy moore thing was dominating the media and was a conservative attempt to have a liberal Roy Moore to talk about.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley
Roxor your are part of a losing cult. All of you huddling together for warmth hoping for another person to tell you they will hand you everything and it’s all going to be ok.

Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join