It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roseanne Barr's Son Asks: Why Was Director James Gunn Forgiven And Not His Mom?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
She doesn't fit into the Nazi agenda

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

tl;dr

Its ok to persecute some lesser people, but not higher profile ones.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

You are a real piece of work, you know that?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What was it that she tweeted that was the problem anyway?

Anyone claiming that Planet of the Apes is racist is a racist themselves. It's a goddamn movie about monkeys gaining sentience and intelligence. What are these people trying to say?

Roseanne may have said something uncouth, but that's her whole thing.

She got a raw deal, no question about it.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Simple: She likes Trump and Gunn does not.

If Barr was an anti-Trump she would still be doing Roseanne and I'd still be watching it.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Maybe because James Gunn’s was an obvious joke.. a bad joke, but it wasn’t directed at anyone specifically..

Rossanne Barr specifically has called multiple very specific black women, apes in public forums..

Those are not the same things..

That said the overall issue is about the shifting dynamics in monetization of advertising dollars..

The internet has killed the traditional advertising market.. so the corporate PR departments are scared to death they will lose the few advertisers they have left still buying paper ads and commercial time..

So they run from ANY controversy..

No Illuminati conspiracy required

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Trying to think how to do this and not get this post blocked nor me get sued

Hypothetically

If Gunn likes his gay sex with males of a certain ages.

1) that goes against the liberal mantra od, don’t judge people by whom they sleep with

2) if gay sex with males of a certain age is being done, do you think he’s a lone wolf or are there others that like to partake in gay sexy with males of a certain age?

3) could any of those be guys that work for Disney? Would Gunn be able name names? How about show photos?

4) is it better to take the heat for one hiring? With the other choice be that Gunn talks and more people ‘go down’

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

James Gunn isn’t even accused of being a pediphile..

It has been a few but if memory serves he made a couple bad jokes bashing pedos...

I’ll look it up and paste them..

He was being sarcastic.. and obviously over the top sarcastic..

“In 2009, Gunn had tweeted about how he enjoyed "when little boys touch me in my silly place." Another tweet from that year mocked rape victims: "The best thing about being raped is when you're done being raped and it's like 'whew this feels great, not being raped!'"”

The hit job on Gunn was the most blantant case of fabricated hypocritical rage in history..

Conservative media and a couple senators attempted to ruin his career in an attempt to prove the point that “we shouldn’t ruin people’s careers over old quotes”..

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It has been a few but if memory serves he made a couple bad jokes bashing pedos...

“In 2009, Gunn had tweeted about how he enjoyed "when little boys touch me in my silly place." Another tweet from that year mocked rape victims: "The best thing about being raped is when you're done being raped and it's like 'whew this feels great, not being raped!'"”

The hit job on Gunn was the most blantant case of fabricated hypocritical rage in history..

Conservative media and a couple senators attempted to ruin his career in an attempt to prove the point that “we shouldn’t ruin people’s careers over old quotes”..

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

You'd be watching CNN

Well you just flushed your credibility down the toilet.

Take your word salads back to Reddit sport.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My name is Joe Blow and I work at a fast food restaurant. My co-workers and customers all love me, I'm attractive and charismatic.

Open and closed case right there. I'm going to be giving commentary and interviews on shows like 60 minutes, short segments on CNN, Fox, MSNBC soon. The viewers really want to know my opinions on Trump's presidency, the upcoming 2020 elections, what I think about the Democratic candidates.

My name is Jenny Blow (stop laughing, you're a bad person) and I was the lead actress in a 30min television show portraying a typical mid western white working class family with teens. Three of them because they sell. I was the matriarch, alpha mother household runner.

I gave commentary and interviews on shows like 60 minutes and segments on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, whoever offered to pay me to give my opinions on..

Damn that Jenny Blow, full of hot air.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It's business, simple.

Roseanne exercised her right to free speech, but the board of directors might have thought she would bring the company into disrepute, therefore clear out your desk.

Marvel on the other hand have been making dick moves for decades. The movie part of the company are so arrogant the rehired the guy beacuase they think they are too big to fail.

If this dude gets a second chance, so should Roseanne.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
A white family making fun of liberal ideology.

Yeah that's not going to fly with hollywerid.

There are large groups that demand the opposite be shown.

We want a strong colored character represented
We want a LGBTQ person on the show

Very sick and strange people

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

How do we know he was joking when he said he likes little.boys to touch him?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: Bluntone22

I thought Rosanne's show was pretty popular as far as ratings go, so perhaps there's another answer.
Gunn is a Liberal, Beta male, who made hundreds of vile tweets and got his hand slapped.
Roseanne is an outspoken woman, who made one questionable tweet and got fired, because she's pro-Trump.

Yeah, it's because she's pro Trump isn't it? Has to be, what other reason could there possibly be after all. Do you not find it telling that all the other cast members started a new show without her? What do you think that says about her?

'Forgiven', not even sure what he's getting at, does it really mean 'why don't people like my mother?' It's not as if it was only one tweet, one thing that kicked up the storm, but you want to make this another thread about left vs right.... sigh

www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Barr's son crying about his mother's treatment proves that he never learned much about real life (he's learning NOW). Anyone who tells you life is supposed to be fair is either lying or selling something. He needs to grow a pair.

Who cares what happened to someone (the director) that made stupid statements and still has a job? Hollywood is also known as Hollyweird for a reason.

It all comes down to dollars; trial by public media convicted Barr to the rank of Has Been. Perhaps she'll 'find Jesus' during her exile, play that sympathy card and return to show business a bit more humble...but I really doubt it. People are easily manipulated and whomever makes money is retained. In show business, a person is either an asset or a liability.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't think there's a political motivation. My future of being entertained by movies and television would not be impacted whatsoever by the loss of Roseann, and it has nothing to do with her disrespecting of the national anthem either. I just don't find her entertaining at all.

Many people, including myself loooove the Marvel movies.

Personally, I think anyone who cares a lick about an entertainer's political beliefs is absolutely nuts. I care about as much as I care what brand of shoes the Kardashians are wearing.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't think there's a political motivation. My future of being entertained by movies and television would not be impacted whatsoever by the loss of Roseann, and it has nothing to do with her disrespecting of the national anthem either. I just don't find her entertaining at all.

Many people, including myself loooove the Marvel movies.

Personally, I think anyone who cares a lick about an entertainer's political beliefs is absolutely nuts. I care about as much as I care what brand of shoes the Kardashians are wearing.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That's an easy one to answer.

Gunns movies make a crap ton of money.
Rosannes show are just meh.

End of story....

You nailed it.

You're both idiots. The Rosanne show (when she is in it) is one of the highest rated shows on TV.

Whoopity doo! He was talking money, not ratings. Roseanne, with it's "highest rated shows on TV" status still pulled in "$45 million in ad revenue" during the reupped series run. $45 million.
deadline.com...

James Gunn's 2 Guardians of the Galaxy movies pulled in almost $2 BILLION worldwide. That makes him approximately 44 times more valuable to his studio than Roseanne was to ABC... and he's got a third movie coming up in a year or two that will almost certainly crack the Billion dollar mark within it's first 3 weeks in the box office. Money makes the world go 'round.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If memory serves, it has been awhile since this story broke, but....
James Gunn’s comments were referencing a pedophile case going on at the time and made the jokes sarcastically.

No one has accused him of anything and no one (except the couple senators too stupid to look it up) ever thought the comments were anything but a joke..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join