It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California sends bill requiring presidential candidates' tax returns to governor's desk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

(CNN)California will send legislation to Gov. Gavin Newsom's desk requiring presidential candidates to submit five years' worth of tax returns in order to appear on the ballot, joining 18 other states in a jab at President Donald Trump's refusal to release his tax returns.

California joins New York, Illinois and Washington, among other states, that have introduced bills requiring all candidates to release their individual tax returns to qualify for the presidential primary ballot. Tax returns have become a key 2020 issue, with Trump refusing to surrender them and Democratic presidential candidates sharing their tax information with varying degrees of timeliness.

CNN

Things are not looking good for the presidents position of refusing to release his tax returns. Seems like he will have too if he wishes to be on the ballot in these 18 states if these bills are signed into law. If we have to show ID to vote presidential candidates should have to show tax returns, most of the Democrats have released theirs, now soon it will be Trumps turn.

+22 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The bill doesn't go far enough.

I want to see penis sizes of all candidates and if women? Boob shots.

I mean, if we're going to be intrusive, then why stop at earnings?

amirite?

+25 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Democrats disenfranchising voters?

Say it isn't so!!!!

Nice to see that they are at least showing openly thier fascist leanings.

+9 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The bill doesn't go far enough.

I want to see penis sizes of all candidates and if women? Boob shots.

I mean, if we're going to be intrusive, then why stop at earnings?

amirite?

For the love of God think that through.

Naked Nadler, naked Pelosi, naked Maxine...

+25 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

(CNN)California will send legislation to Gov. Gavin Newsom's desk requiring presidential candidates to submit five years' worth of tax returns in order to appear on the ballot, joining 18 other states in a jab at President Donald Trump's refusal to release his tax returns.

California joins New York, Illinois and Washington, among other states, that have introduced bills requiring all candidates to release their individual tax returns to qualify for the presidential primary ballot. Tax returns have become a key 2020 issue, with Trump refusing to surrender them and Democratic presidential candidates sharing their tax information with varying degrees of timeliness.

CNN

Things are not looking good for the presidents position of refusing to release his tax returns. Seems like he will have too if he wishes to be on the ballot in these 18 states if these bills are signed into law. If we have to show ID to vote presidential candidates should have to show tax returns, most of the Democrats have released theirs, now soon it will be Trumps turn.

This will be challenged and struck down by the SCOTUS as soon as it passes.
I am often embarrassed by the idiots in my state.

+27 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Fair enough.
But I want college admission forms and transcripts too.

+11 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

More democrat stupidity. Showing ID to vote has nothing to do with tax returns. Showing id helps prevent election fraud. Showing tax returns or not just gives the crazies more to bitch about. Btw, it is a federal election, right? Wtf are the states getting involved in this stupidity for, other than to muddy the waters. If they want to go this direction, I would want to see forensic audits on every Congress critter, senator, mayor, etc. Let's air out all this crap.

ETA: and when all these politicians get found out and head to non-extradition treaty countries, I wanna see bounties, payable in bearer bonds. I like me some of that extra-judicial justice :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/4.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: Eta

+27 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Guess the fascist left is pushing for an illegitimate election takeover. You guys are idiots if you are cheering on this type of government takeover, because this is exactly one of the reasons we have the 2nd amendment.

You don't want Trump as President that's fine. Beat him legitimately. Try and steal/rig an election by creating unlawful rules, you will have hell to pay.

Get over it children. YOU LOST!

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

CNN

No way. States rights are important.

I prefer we jyst revoke their electoral votes for violating federal election laws.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Determining the value of a candidate by how much they made has as much correlation to genital size.

Show it.

If we're going to base our "identity politics" solely on how much they made in the past, then I want to see labia shots of women candidates.

Because how much they made has no correlation to policy.

SO full frontals, baby!

FULL FRONTALS!

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think it's about how much they made, atleast not in the call for trumps returns.

I always thought they wanted to make sure they paid taxes, I guess in their minds only people who paid all their taxes should run for office.

I'm cool with that if they want to make it that only taxpayers can vote.....

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

CNN

No way. States rights are important.

I prefer we jyst revoke their electoral votes for violating federal election laws.

States do not have the right to violate the constitution or the bill of rights.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If the president has to release them, then every single congressman should do the same.
Any elected official for that matter.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

What if theyre "growers and not showers" will that bias voters unfairly?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

They all go through audits by the IRS before entering the presidential fray.

This is nothing more than wanting to see genital sizes.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

What if theyre "growers and not showers" will that bias voters unfairly?

Identity politics brah.

They gotta show the peen if they want to be seen.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Fair enough.
But I want college admission forms and transcripts too.

How about all those emails candidates keep on private servers in their bathrooms?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

No it can't be about people paying all their taxes. We know darn good and well most of the Democrats are as big a tax dodgers as anyone else in the world.

+5 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Good luck getting that garbage passed the SCOTUS.

Disenfranchising only the Republican voters in your state is a good way to start a very nasty revolt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join