It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canelo Alvarez vs Daniel Jacobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Big fight tonight. Canelo Alvarez is 51-1-2 (35) vs Daniel Jacobs, who is 35-2 (29). Canelo is one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world. Jacobs could be his toughest test yet. Jacobs is the underdog and has beaten cancer so I'd kind of like to see him win. Should be a good fight either way.

I want to watch this but it is on DaZn. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on the service. Anyone here use it and what are your thoughts on DaZn and this fight?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

DAZN is nice. I’ve had it for several months. Lots of good content. They just need to sign Lomachenko and they’ll be all set. Just rewatched the Jacobs / GGG fight last night on YouTube. Daniel Jacobs is a badass (and probably won the Golovkin fight IMHO), and if anyone has a chance against Canelo he does. Gonna be a good fight.

edit on 4-5-2019 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I just signed up for DaZn. Watched the Pirog-Jacobs fight. Looking forward to the fight tonight. Good cards coming up too. I just hope the live fights run smoothly without any buffering.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Canelo is coming into his prime, no doubt. But he lost to Triple G (boxing judging for ya — it wasn’t) and Jacobs is likely to get put outta there by the 8th....

BUT it only takes one punch.

Amazing Canelo looked like an amateur against Money May...perspective.

Gimme Bud Crawford versus Keith Thurman (Spence can’t afford that “0”) for fight of the year.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Decent fight but Canelo was just too much for Jacobs.

DaZn ran smooth for the most part. Buffered a couple of times. Once during ring introductions for the main event and then in the 1st or 2nd rd. Other than that, no issues.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

DAZN is pretty great. If you didn't, make sure you pay for the whole year at once. They recently upped the price from 10/mo to 20/mo, but its still 100 for the tear, so that way you get it fr under 10/mo.

It wasn't the most fan friendly fight, but in the beginning, especially round 4, Canelo put on an absolute master class.
the head movement and pop shotting in that round was outstanding. Looked like he started to fade a little in the late rounds.
I'm sure Jacobs will never forget, and always regret not starting faster and throwing too many soft feeler jabs.
Jacobs has a really great piston like jab that he just didn't use enough.
I was really happy with the judges as well. It feels like I never get to say that in a Canelo fight.

JoJo Diaz looked really good too. I've always liked him and I hope he can keep winning.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Yep, paid for a year.

I was surprised at the two 115-113 scores but some of the rounds were close.

As for the undercard, I was most impressed by Vergil Ortiz. Now 13-0 (13). The guitar playing boxer. lol Hard hitter though.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ortiz is a bad hombre.
Young too.. I expect some big fights for him will be coming sooner, rather than later.

I had it 116-113 (First round even)
I like to put a little squiggle next to a round that I thought was close, or could go either way. Every single round that I gave to Jacobs had a squiggle next to it.

top topics

join