It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O’Rourke may be ‘regretting that he’s straight’, Says Barny Frank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former U.S. Rep. Barney Frank asserted that Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s sexual orientation is helping him in the polls among Democrats running for president, saying voters likely give Buttigieg credit for being open and honest about himself. “His being gay is an advantage,” Frank, who became the first openly gay Congress member in 1987, told the Boston Globe on Friday. Frank, 79, who represented Massachusetts in the House from 1981 to 2013 after serving as a state lawmaker, added that if Buttigieg were straight he didn’t think he would be doing as well.

Ahh, the identity politics of the left. Perhaps they will all be scrambling to tell stories of how they "tested the waters" in their younger years to portray the idea they are open to being labeled gay. I mean, if you aren't gay enough, or at all, then you just don't fit the mold of what the American democrat really wants. Being homosexual is likely the determining factor in popularity. Is America ready for a First Man Friend in the white house? Now that we have crossed the racial barrier, it's time for us to promote how diverse we are by electing someone based on their sexual orientation and not their credentials as a person. At least that is how it looks from here.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I suspect Beto will never regret that at all. Have we heard Barney talk? That man is not only hard to listen to, even his thoughts suck too.
edit on 4-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I am reminded of MLKs I have a dream speech when he talks of ones "content of character". You should vote based on what good a person can do for the country, not popularity. I think it is an insult to the person's character otherwise.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I am reminded of MLKs I have a dream speech when he talks of ones "content of character". You should vote based on what good a person can do for the country, not popularity. I think it is an insult to the person's character otherwise.

Bingo! I did a thread on "mayor Pete" a few weeks ago. All I know about him is he's a homosexual and wants to run for president. Why is that all I know about him? Because that's what is being talked about. Not his qualifications or achievements. Sure some individual will google him for me, but that's not the point. What we know about these folks is what they want us to know. And apparently, this guy wants us to know how he has sex, as opposed to how he might run the nation.

+4 more 
posted on May, 4 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Democrats are f# stupid and their leaders know it.

BUTTigieg: "Vote for me! I'm gay!"

Democrat: "Good enough for me!"

Retards.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

O'Rourke is going to one up that snip!

I can see the press conference now, Him, his wife and THEIR shared boyfriend will announce he is bi sexual! Anything to shed that dreaded Heterosexual label. Honk Honk

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You were suppose to vote for Obama because hes 'black'.

You were suppose to vote for Clinton because shes a 'woman'.

Your now suppose to vote for Buttigieg because he's 'gay'.

Well I guess when they want to raise taxes, and take more control over your lives they have to give some kind of reason other than how bad their gonna eff everyone.

Might as well be identity politics.

I'd expect Beto to regret eating dirt than who he beds.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That’s ridiculous. He gets bonus points for being “open and honest about himself” by being openly gay? Do straight people get these same bonus points for being open about their straightness? It’s absurd. We shouldn’t choose a POTUS based on the fact that he likes the D. What a clown world we live in these days.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, as I simply don't care..you guys have interviewed the dems and they said they are voting because he is gay? and for no other reason?

Or, is it just the guy losing who is saying this?
edit on 4-5-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I think your personal character is different from what or who you're willing to shag? Or maybe not ...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As someone with homosexual tendencies who chooses not to act on those feelings, I cannot get behind someone (pun NOT intended-lol) who is running for the highest office in the land just because he/she is gay. Had he credentials that could truly benefit our society, it would be a different story. But to vote for him just because of who he sleeps with would be a travesty on our political process.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Inconceivable

Why not? How many people voted for Obama just because he was the first ever black man to win the presidency (or because they wanted to make him the first ever black president)?

Clearly, there is a precedent in our society now to make such a thing a valid reason to vote for someone.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"His being gay is an advantage"

Is it really? The Democrat party relies on a coalition of disparate groups. How much influence does Homosexuality have on liberal groups outside the LGBTQ community? LGBTQ has found a place on the west and north east cost but how are they regarded at say southern black churches (just to name another group)?
edit on 4-5-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

O'Rourke is going to one up that snip!

I can see the press conference now, Him, his wife and THEIR shared boyfriend will announce he is bi sexual! Anything to shed that dreaded Heterosexual label. Honk Honk

Spartacus seems to be losing ground in early polls. Might be time for him to come clean as well?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Is this the part where they fall all over themselves to admit to having used a wide stance for years?

join