It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Attempt To Impeach AG Barr Is Obstruction Of Justice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Yeah... every time....

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Who ya talking to?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think there's more to it than that. I think there's something about the oath he took that people are looking at.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Rule 6(e)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

First... there is no rule about removing someone who is investigating you. I do not even know what that could be remotely about... so WFT on that....

So it would have been A-Ok for trump to fire mueller? Huh, here I thought you argued vehemently against that line of thinking.

Barr is investigating the democrats?

Yes, their leaking.

all of them?

Enough of them that a removal from office would be obstruction of justice. At least according to you and your deluded thoughts about mueller.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well, to be fair, Barr did lie under oath. Whether that instance rises to the threshold of impeachment or not is kind of sketchy, especially since Jeff Sessions lied, and wasn't impeached.

If they really want to impeach Barr they need to try harder.
Honest question, what did he lie about? I haven't been following this snip show as closely as I used to (call it burnout if you will), so I am genuinely curious.

Remember how right after Barr's memo was released, on March 24th, and there were rumors swirling around that Mueller's team was complaining about Barr's summary? Well, Rep Charlie Crist asked Barr if knew what their concerns were, on April 9th. Barr testified under oath "No, I don't".

Well, it turns out that Mueller's office wrote to him on March 25th and again on March 27th. The letters outlined what his office thought was missing and misleading in Barr's summary, and how it could be fixed by releasing the 2 executive summaries, that were prepared for public consumption. So, Barr did know about their concerns, Not only that, but gave Bob Mueller and call and discussed his concerns with him over the phone! Therefore, he was not "candid", honest or completely truthful in his sworn testimony. In other words, he lied.

We only found about those communications on May 1st, so that's why we're all abuzz!

Ahh, I see. Thank you for the concise recap

Do we know what Muller and Barr talked about, I mean specifically and not just in general (I.e. what his concerns were)? I've seen it mentioned yesterday, in another thread, that his concerns mostly revolved around the media and how they were portraying the release. Just wondering if we have any confirmation of that or not. I think I also saw mention of the letter being released to the public in that thread as well... I'll have to go find it and give it a read. Again thank you for your assistance.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Surely you jest. William Barr is obstructing justice. And for what? Donald Trump claims he is entirely innocent of all charges, of anything. Period. All Barr has to do is answer questions under oath honestly, you know, the same thing we as mere mortals are required to do; and aid the committees in their oversight investigations. He is serving as Trump's personal attorney rather than representing America. I get the points that Barr broaches with the Democrats, but all that has to be done is a deal stuck that guarantees that sensitive portions of the Mueller Report cannot be revealed outside the investigatory committees without harsh penalty. Fair enough, and a win-win for everyone. It's Congress' responsibility to provide a check and balance for the Administrative branch of government. For Congress to forsake that duty is a failure to uphold the Constitution. Surely you do not support that. And all for an innocent man?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

The letter Meuller sent Barr was leaked to the press by an unknown person then the day Barr appeared before the committee or maybe the day before Barr's office released it as well.

The first release by the unknown was a leak, the release by Barr's office was in response to that leak.

All the hullabaloo is the Democrats attempted distraction from the fact that they have nothing other than spin left.

No conspiracy to defraud the United States by President Trump or anyone in his administration and none of the indictments regarding election interference have anything to do with any American. All of the indictments on US citizens deal with either process crimes or crimes which took place well before then candidate Trump added the relevant people to his campaign.

The Democrats have nothing of substance with which to work and see all we will see from them is silly hysterics.
edit on 5-5-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, was on my phone when I originally posted and did not catch them

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Surely you jest. William Barr is obstructing justice. And for what? Donald Trump claims he is entirely innocent of all charges, of anything. Period. All Barr has to do is answer questions under oath honestly, you know, the same thing we as mere mortals are required to do; and aid the committees in their oversight investigations. He is serving as Trump's personal attorney rather than representing America. I get the points that Barr broaches with the Democrats, but all that has to be done is a deal stuck that guarantees that sensitive portions of the Mueller Report cannot be revealed outside the investigatory committees without harsh penalty. Fair enough, and a win-win for everyone. It's Congress' responsibility to provide a check and balance for the Administrative branch of government. For Congress to forsake that duty is a failure to uphold the Constitution. Surely you do not support that. And all for an innocent man?
bolding emphasis mine

Barr did make the report available to 12 committe members (6 Dems/6 repubs) to view everything with the exception of the grand jury stuff would still have to be redacted due to the law made during the Clinton Administration. Barr would be breaking the law if he provided that info.

So why is Nadler and other Dems refusing to view it? So why don't they see this is already a win/win like you?
edit on 5 5 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

It amazes me when people see the world exactly opposite of what it really is.

☝️☝️The comment of the day award👆👆

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Oh the irony that post represents to this all. The world was supposed to use the Dossier to impeach DJT and now since Barr won't play, Barr is on the short list.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It amazes me when people see the world exactly opposite of what it really is.

The pay must be decent. Do you get benefits too? No one in their right mind would say the things you do and actually believe it.

edit on 5-5-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

...in their right mind...

Key phrase right there.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

ha ha....some organizations are capable of doing more than one thing at a time.

Its not like its just one person.

It is actually sad watching you degrade to a shadow of your former self.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

you must have seen something others have missed, it looks the same to me since 2016..

Everyone left keeps asking why the wait well...

I think the reason was something along the lines of "enough rope" and "hang em high"

but what do I know, I'm just old.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Wrong, Barr is now impeachable because of dereliction of duty and he should also be held in contempt of congress. He is NOT the president's counsel and he is using his office to obstruct any prosecution of the 10 obstructions noted in the Mueller report. Not only is he impeachable, Barr should also come up on obstruction charges himself.
edit on 5-5-2019 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: Dfairlite

Wrong, Barr is now impeachable because of dereliction of duty and he should also be held in contempt of congress. He is NOT the president's counsel and he is using his office to obstruct any prosecution of the 10 obstructions noted in the Mueller report. Not only is he impeachable, Barr should also come up on obstruction charges himself.

Oh poppycock. If that's the case and you really feel that way, he can go to the back of the line until we deal with all the criminals in the dem party, most of which have done much, much worse, specifically the Clinton/Obama era. Certainly you would be ok seeing justice brought against them, yes? Or is this a partisan issue only, for you?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

LMAO, this is the kind of post I thought I'd get a few of. The people who can't stand to live by their own rules. They also lack the self awareness to realize what I'm saying in the OP is fairly tongue in cheek.

For those who don't already know, obstruction must be an illegal act. Therefore, exercising lawful powers granted by the constitution (cough, firing mueller if you're the president, cough) is not obstruction. Therefore, it is not obstruction for the congress to exercise their constitutional power of impeachment. However, to admit that, you must admit you were wrong in the first case, which the folks like you will do all sorts of mental gymnastics to avoid admitting.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

I still think she was just Dana Carvey in drag...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join