It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some cool old drawings i found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jacksonsman1

Re: the F-19 / testors model - that's definitely a curious one. It sounds like we have all seen various comments on that being true / a hoax and other variations. I'm not sure how much of it's real, but it was a cool looking aircraft. My thoughts are it may be close to a concept design and possibly it went further, perhaps to prototype stage and then was canceled. Others would likely know far better than me.
www.infomercantile.com...

The wings on that remind me a little of Rockwell's ATF concept, which has an old thread on this board:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I always thought that design looked like a smoother, cooler version of a Su-27 and it was in that "Warplanes of the Future" book, which leads me back to Penroc3's original post.

In regards to giant airship comments - are you referring to JP Aerospace's Orbital Ascender by any chance ?
refer to link for images... plus you can find a lot more on google image search.
www.jpaerospace.com...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: muzj03

JP aerospace was exactly what I was talking about. Thanks!

edit on 9-5-2019 by Jacksonsman1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I agree with Mightmight that the black triangles, whatever they are, are concerning from the perspective of the rule of law and a free and open society. I’m ok with secrecy to the extent that it protects the top speed of a platform, how the F-35 does it's EW tricks, etc., but the notion that entire fleets of vehicles and programs remain completely black for decades is concerning.

Whether the black triangles are day-one wunderwaffen to overwhelm a peer adversary, stealth SOCOM transports, persistent all-altitude, surveillance platforms, psychological weapons, nefarious domestic spying platforms or some combination - it would at least be nice to know who or what operates them. Random idea, what if they spoof cell towers? Maybe they are private as Penroc suggests or maybe this is what the original Aurora budget line really bought. Interestingly, concerning domestic spying, there was quite a scare about domestic terrorism in the 1990s, which interestingly, is when sightings of the BBDs really increased.

So! Some more photos, concepts, and patent artwork from my collection:

Second stage of a rumored “Blackstar” TSTO system as allegedly drawn by an F-15 pilot who witnessed it on the ramp at Holloman - looks similar to the MIG-105:

ibb.co...

The fast, stealthy, and maybe spacey

ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...

YF-24 Candidates

ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...

Stealthy STOLs

ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...

Candidates for the rumored F-117 companion aircraft, which if it exists, thanks to ATS, is probably called the R-119 and is a SEAD wild weasel. These are mostly early stealth concepts. Especially intriguing is the smaller version of the Lockheed VS-07 in the linework and the publication on the RF-19:

ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...

Photos of UFOs that I suspect are not alien - Penroc, you might see something familiar in there:

ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...

And this bazaar Michael Shratt thing that I have to laugh at, but what is the weird photo of people pulled over in the 1970s looking at something similar in the distance?

ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...
ibb.co...

Finally, speaking of the Ascender airship, a very interesting compilation of California UFO sightings that sound oddly familiar:

www.ufocasebook.com...

edit on 9-5-2019 by Bluto76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2019 by Bluto76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
“I always thought that design looked like a smoother, cooler version of a Su-27 and it was in that "Warplanes of the Future" book, which leads me back to Penroc3's original post.”

Interestingly, the original SU-27 prototype, the T-10 was much smoother and almost a dead ringer for the Republic design:

defencyclopedia.com...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluto76

Just remember that during World War 2, the US learned the true importance of technological superiority. Since that time, a near limitless black budget and 80+ years of technological evolution is going to bear fruits that deservedly should never see the light of day until mankind is ready.. or until absolutely necessary (as criminal as that is to say).

Now that's not to say there haven't been aerial sightings bearing highly unconventional flight characteristics dating as far back as World War 2, but whatever was determined to be the source of those sightings doesn't seem to have been considered much of an immediate threat by the U.S. Military.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Your second link under Companion section is pretty similar to what people saw near RAF Lyneham in June of 2003.

The sighting report along with details was published in UK MoD files from August 2011. I could argue that it could have been famous Companion sighting but it seems not right as the Companion was painted black at the time and what was seen by people near RAF Lyneham in 2003 was something painted in bright colours.

I will try find the sighting and post here If I will get lucky.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic

I could argue that it could have been famous Companion sighting but it seems not right as the Companion was painted black at the time and what was seen by people near RAF Lyneham in 2003 was something painted in bright colours.

edit on 11-5-2019 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Found details of the Lyneham sighting.

Few interesting notes from the report:
*possibly a twin jet
*wingtips rounded
*possibly chine in front&middle section
*no anti-collision lights

Pretty curious whether it could have been our Companion.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: mightmight

Found details of the Lyneham sighting.

Few interesting notes from the report:
*possibly a twin jet
*wingtips rounded
*possibly chine in front&middle section
*no anti-collision lights

Pretty curious whether it could have been our Companion.

This photo is supposedly from UK and looks identical to that drawing.

ibb.co...

edit on 11-5-2019 by Flygirl1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flygirl1

Flygirl1, are you really a girl?

As for the pic.
How old the photo is? Where was it supposedly taken?

I'm pretty curious what are the green lights(?)? They don't looks like any navigation lights or anything else as they seems to be too big. Any suggestions?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Makings of another awesome thread. Any guess on which of these images might be close to what the green lady looks like?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The lights could be something similar to the NVG formation lights a lot of new aircraft use for night flying instead of strobes/anti collision lights...or some form of yehudi light..?!? reply to: SpeedFanatic

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: BlackIbanez

Many things were talked about then that have since gone deep black, for example antigravity was being discussed openly in the mid 50's with nearly all of the major aerospace(Lockheed, Bell, Northrop etc, etc) companies having well funded programs studying it and saying it was well understood.
Most were confident they'd have it within ten years, then suddenly total silence on the subject like it just vanished into a "black" hole.
If you're interested I'd recommend a book called "The search for Zero Point" by Nick Cook.

Did you find about that through the same book? Do you have any links or other papers to read otherwise?

I find this extremely interesting, but i never heard or read about it before today :S I guess the black out did really work

Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately the only link I can find and share is the Nick Cook book, I think it is worth the read as he is certainly a credible investigator in my opinion(ymmv)when he wrote it he was the aviation editor for Janes Defense Weekly and used his contacts to try and find out the truth about the existence of anti gravity and exotic propulsion systems, he has interesting interviews with several people that have deep connections to the "black world". He also goes on an exhaustive hunt through various archives and I think gives an honest account with little hyperbole.
Here is a PDF link if anyone is interested in checking it out, not sure of MB size though sorry.
The Hunt For Zero Point
edit on 13-5-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

Many things were talked about then that have since gone deep black, for example antigravity was being discussed openly in the mid 50's with nearly all of the major aerospace(Lockheed, Bell, Northrop etc, etc) companies having well funded programs studying it and saying it was well understood.
Most were confident they'd have it within ten years, then suddenly total silence on the subject like it just vanished into a "black" hole.
If you're interested I'd recommend a book called "The search for Zero Point" by Nick Cook.

Did you find about that through the same book? Do you have any links or other papers to read otherwise?

I find this extremely interesting, but i never heard or read about it before today :S I guess the black out did really work

Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately the only link I can find and share is the Nick Cook book, I think it is worth the read as he is certainly a credible investigator in my opinion(ymmv)when he wrote it he was the aviation editor for Janes Defense Weekly and used his contacts to try and find out the truth about the existence of anti gravity and exotic propulsion systems, he has interesting interviews with several people that have deep connections to the "black world". He also goes on an exhaustive hunt through various archives and I think gives an honest account with little hyperbole.
Here is a PDF link if anyone is interested in checking it out, not sure of MB size though sorry.
The Hunt For Zero Point

Thank you, will have to check it out. I'm not very familiar with the entire ufo thing but i do like to read a bit about it every now and then hehe

And to me the plane from the top looks more like a sukhoi-57 than a 27 he he. But from the bottom total 'merikansky... LMAO

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Found this in some old magazine on the net. Never seen this one before. The magazine is from 1985.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan

The lights could be something similar to the NVG formation lights a lot of new aircraft use for night flying.......
. You mean low voltage formation markers? Those have been fitted to almost every western military aircraft for many decades, hardly new at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

there are a few things in there that look like what Benowitz saw crashed on the mesa that was spun to him as an atomic powered ufo, but was a very human aircraft.

its funny the only triangle pic that looks good to me is the nick pope one and this one and i only say that because of the lighting on the apex of the points. the one i saw super close the light was being emitted by the actual skin or structure of the craft and was very very blue and 'thick' if light can be thick.

the last pic with from the 70's you should ask Rick Doty about.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

its funny the only triangle pic that looks good to me is the nick pope one and this one and i only say that because of the lighting on the apex of the points.

A12 Avenger?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

the one i saw super close the light was being emitted by the actual skin or structure of the craft and was very very blue and 'thick' if light can be thick.....
That sounds Penroc like a plasma. Both the colour and "thickness" over the airfame sound like a generated plasma field.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Your second link under Companion section is pretty similar to what people saw near RAF Lyneham in June of 2003.

The sighting report along with details was published in UK MoD files from August 2011. I could argue that it could have been famous Companion sighting but it seems not right as the Companion was painted black at the time and what was seen by people near RAF Lyneham in 2003 was something painted in bright colours.

I will try find the sighting and post here If I will get lucky.

So I have been waiting for a pic like this to show up on here. A few months ago I was out walking with my 3 year old son, around 6 PM. All of a sudden I hear a loud, propeller sound, but unlike any other propeller sound I have heard before. I look up to locate the origin of the sound, and I see an air vehicle of some sort that looks a lot like this drawing, except the wings are thinner and longer compared to the length of the body, and the entire thing was thinner, and not as large as a commercial jet, it was much smaller from my vantage point. Also, in the very back, in the center, was the prop...you could hear and see it plain as day. So, think the general shape of this drawing, but thinner all around. Also, it was painted completely white. The wing tips seemed to bend downwards as well. It has to be a drone of some sort, but I could not find anything even close in any search. Does anyone have any ideas what it could have been?

BTW, this was north east of Charlotte, NC....if that helps. It was definitely very strange, and my wife and son both stopped at the sound of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join