It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some cool old drawings i found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i love old hand drawn aircraft concept art, here's some i like right now

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Hmm ... the First One seems like The Lockheed SR-71 "Blackbird" , but on Steroids . WTF ?..............)
edit on 3-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

its mostly concept artwork.

the ARCHANGLE concept was a mach 3+ ISR aircraft and the KINGFISH that convair mocked up for the CIA in the 50's

the CL-400 was to replace the US and ran on liquid hydrogen but at the time liquid hydrogen was still kind of exotic fuel, the space race made it a common fuel but the suntan was a few to years early and the SR71/A12 won out

all these aircraft flew at or above mach 3 and were designed in the 50's

look what the Brits came up with around the same time

edit on 3-5-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Hmm ... the First One seems like The Lockheed SR-71 "Blackbird" , but on Steroids . WTF ?..............)

kingfish?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hmm.... the 1950's ? Seems Quite a Bit Ahead of the Times No ? Or are we being Misinformed here ?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

Yes , Kingfish Taste like Striper in a way . A Cheap Alternative ?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Those are all in an old book called "Warplanes of the Future" - by Bill Gunston.
I had that book in my early teens.

Good artwork - and lots more cool stuff in that book.

www.scalemates.com...
edit on 3-5-2019 by muzj03 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Actually I'd say that the SR71 is the one that looks like it's on steroids, that one looks a little thin, like it missed break fast lol.
Love the art Penroc, thanks.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Hmm.... the 1950's ? Seems Quite a Bit Ahead of the Times No ? Or are we being Misinformed here ?

I'd go with misinformed, from a few things I've read things were advancing rapidly in the 1950's with zillions of dollars and the best minds concentrating on aeronautical and propulsion design.
Many things were talked about then that have since gone deep black, for example antigravity was being discussed openly in the mid 50's with nearly all of the major aerospace(Lockheed, Bell, Northrop etc, etc) companies having well funded programs studying it and saying it was well understood.
Most were confident they'd have it within ten years, then suddenly total silence on the subject like it just vanished into a "black" hole.
If you're interested I'd recommend a book called "The search for Zero Point" by Nick Cook.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Off memory:
1st one is predates ATF. Lockheed or Grumman
2nd one was Lockheed generic concept art for ATF (but you can recognize a bit of Raptor in the genetics)
3rd was North American's FX (F-15) proposal. Real design.
4th is one iteration of the naval F-22 design from LM

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I don't remember which house that came from, but it's smaller than the Blackbird. It was a interceptor design pre-ATF.

But ADP has put out many designs over the years scaling up or down the basic Blackbird shape. From the tiny Cl1980 to some massive designs

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackIbanez

Many things were talked about then that have since gone deep black, for example antigravity was being discussed openly in the mid 50's with nearly all of the major aerospace(Lockheed, Bell, Northrop etc, etc) companies having well funded programs studying it and saying it was well understood.
Most were confident they'd have it within ten years, then suddenly total silence on the subject like it just vanished into a "black" hole.
If you're interested I'd recommend a book called "The search for Zero Point" by Nick Cook.

Did you find about that through the same book? Do you have any links or other papers to read otherwise?

I find this extremely interesting, but i never heard or read about it before today :S I guess the black out did really work
edit on 4-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wirehead

kingfish?

Kingfish was rather different.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

Nonsense

The OP art (except for the NA-335 - F-15 proposal) is from the 1980s.

For more cool stuff check out
secretprojects.co.uk

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Pretty sure the first one is pre-80's, too. NATF in the last one would be 90's, though possibly late-80's genesis.

Do Scott Lowther a solid and buy something from him. He has archived gold and a great blog. The secret projects site is worth your support (and a visit) as well.

edit on 4-5-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

GASP we might see the companion

edit on 4-5-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Pretty sure GASP was pre-80's, too, which puts it in the neighborhood.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

None of the things you've since added to this post are the GASP design.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

the one i have is pretty crappy , im waiting to get to my pc tpo do better search

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Looks like aerospikes on the YF-23 pic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join