It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message From the Future With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It amazes me that what happened with the justice Democrats not only remains largely unknown, but outright denied.

Totally bizarre given that they openly talk about it.

In my opinion, they are one of the biggest threats to the nation. What we are seeing is a foot in the door, a beginning. Again, something they are very, very open about.

AOC was pretty stellar casting though, if I'm honest. She really struggles off the cuff (being polite..) and draws both criticism and praise that should probably be directed to the people literally and openly pulling her strings.

They clearly have zero issue with blatant propaganda, like the video in the OP. And, they are leveraging the current state of this new political religion to gain power and take over.

They know that adherents will defend them zealously, without reason, and exactly the same way everything else is defended. Usually involving some sort of nonsense predicated on a victim mentality masquerading as "empowerment."

This religion absolutely loves diminishing and dismissing any achievement before they took the stage, simply so they can claim they are the first. Scary part is.. it works.

I believe a lot of this, maybe even most, is society acclimatizing to modern technology. But, that doesn't mean the direction is at all beneficial to anyone.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Exactly, it's very scary to see how people can become noteworthy, not for doing or accomplishing anything of any real use to anyone today, but simply for tearing down someone who did something great in the past.

Look at people who achieve some small fame by pointing out that Einstein once wrote some problematic things about Asians in his private journals. Einstein was a giant upon whose shoulders the foundation of modern physics rests, but this women is riding his coattails and possibly tearing him down by exposing his "racism" -- two remarks in a journal never intended to be seen by anyone except him.

There are similar things taking place all throughout all levels of scholarship. There are no contributions to advance anything, only a great tearing down and hiding away based on viewing the achievers of the past through our modern "woke" lens. And we're all going to be dumber than a box of rocks if this continues.
edit on 5-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The whole thing is a scam. What was considered racist and bigoted in a past generation can not be considered racist today.

It is not just the culture that has changed, it is also the mindset of the people that has changed over the years.

I remember as a young girl that it was considered inappropriate and slutty to wear a dress or skirt above the knees. My dad would have punished me for over a month if he ever caught me hiking up my skirt, which I only did if I knew I wouldn't get caught.

This judging people for actions that occurred in times past, is ludicrous. I feel so sorry for this generation that is so conditioned that they will will jump gleefully to their death at the command of some anonymous sock puppet hidden in shadows, like good little lemmings.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hard to believe there are still climate deniers.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

....especially after watching @AOC's video 😆

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

And it's one thing to look back on past actions and be able to say, "That wasn't acceptable and isn't acceptable."

It's quite another to look at someone and be able to recognize that there are behavior patterns of their time they lived that aren't acceptable now and then think that completely taints and invalidates everything that person achieved and accomplished rendering it invalid.

So today's "scholars" tend to say that since Einstein said a couple of uncomplimentary things about Asians in a private journal, that E=mc2 is now problematic too because it was the product of a racist mind. Now, E=mc2 is what it is regardless of who works that formula. David Duke could work that formula and it is, so can Neil de Grasse Tyson. The character and nature of that particular discover does not and will not change just because the mind using it or discovering it thinks things or thought things of which the SJW crowd tends to not approve.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yeah, I know. I can't believe anyone could walk outside and not notice a climate. It's sort of right there hitting you over the head with the weather.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"Deniers". They love that word. You're not a skeptic or unconvinced in the science, or more importantly the effectiveness of their proposed solutions - YOU ARE A DENIER. Like you just rebuked their god or something. It's pathetic.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Well said!
I agree they are one of the biggest threats we face which is why I will continue to post the videos exposing their progressive scam in every thread dealing with a 'justice democrat' puppet like AOC.

"The Brains Behind AOC" part 1

Part 2

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You know AOC is becoming an example for revamping our mental health care system. Plus it would be easy to identify anyone with a mental illness. Simply by asking how they feel about AOC or the green deal.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You know what would cut emissions and help save our planet? If we went back to manufacturing stuff here in the US rather than countries like China and India. Those countries have very little environmental restrictions and dump their wastes directly into the rivers and oceans. 90% of the Pacific garbage patch comes from other countries. Plus if we made stuff here we wouldn't need to ship it halfway across the globe. Bring back American Manufacturing! MAGA!

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
You know AOC is becoming an example for revamping our mental health care system. Plus it would be easy to identify anyone with a mental illness. Simply by asking how they feel about AOC or the green deal.

The very same could be said about Trump supporters blindly supporting everything he does.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sadly, if you don't rabidly hate Trump, it's "blind" Trump support.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I’m gonna have to quote futurama on this one:

“You watched it! You can’t unwatch it!”

What the effing eff did I just watch? Speculating about the future is one thing, but being oddly specific about it is just weird. Did anyone else notice there are no white people in the future?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What if we actually pulled off a Green New Deal? What would the future look like then?

We'd look like Venezula in 2019.

No thanks.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Rubbish, there are trump supporters out there and on this site that would defend his every move regardless, to claim that is not a thing is disingenuous at the very least.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ketsuko

Rubbish, there are trump supporters out there and on this site that would defend his every move regardless, to claim that is not a thing is disingenuous at the very least.

And to likewise claim there aren't people who cannot separate the "blind" supporters from people who just don't hate the man is just as disingenuous.

It's like the claiming that no one was opposed to Obama's policies because they genuinely didn't like them. Nope. You only opposed Obama's policies because you hated him as a black man.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
She is the gift that keeps on giving.

"Ocasio-Cortez Seems Confused By Her Garbage Disposal?"

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
"Ocasio-Cortez Seems Confused By Her Garbage Disposal?"

I mean, I'm not a fan and she says hilariously dumb stuff, but that's gotta be clickbait..

*watches video*

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have a saying.

"Sometimes you just have to stand back and let someone be an a$$. They take care of the problem all by themselves."

She will never win re-election. Not a chance, even the Dems want her gone.

Fred..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join