It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message From the Future With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I prefer this version.

What else would you expect from a Cenk puppet.

The Truth about AOC.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Very well thought out post. Cheers. Amazingly you are accurate and in reading your points it reminded me how Germany under Hitler brought about their Utopian dream. We all know or should know how that turned out. Lessons learned from the past should not be forgotten.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I know. It was great, wasn't it?

Sadly, it will be ignored because the real reason we we dis AOC is because we're afraid of her and are too stupid to see her actual brilliance ... or something.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: recrisp

Word to the " Wise Men " . Women are Idiots when it Comes to Geopolitics . Am I Freakin' Lyin' HERE >?

FOUND THE NECKBEARD

Do you find women a threat?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Mmmmm,
I think AOC is simply unconsciously reflecting what she actually sees and saw as a youth growing up in the Bronx. There probably are not, or are very few white people in that area. Indeed, after nightfall, there are probably very few white people in all of the NYC area. Same is true of Detroit and, from what I read, London.

And I am with you on the TV thing. It is really weird. A traveller to the US would turn on the TV and come to the conclusion that the vast majority of people in the US are POC and that 50% of the US population is black.

But then I realized a truth. The MSM advertizers are targeting the market that STILL WATCHS TV. Most white people no longer watch tv.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The insane leading the sane. A new American trend.
Homeless now camping out near 6 and 7 figure homes.
Lets take care of this.
12 years, yes Cities of decay so yes she is right, but just the wrong message.

Homes that many used to live in before they conned them and kicked them out.

Crazy thing is that many of the homes are being sold to the Chinese. Now that got my tin foil hat to buzzing. Maybe those FEMA houses will start to look pretty good.

By the way, the area were I live is going through much the same process. It is country land that is getting bought up by big business for the building of expensive cities, businesses and home developments.

My neighbors are excited by the increase in their home values and the huge offers that some are getting for the sale of their property. Until I remind them that they will likely be homeless because they will not be able to buy the house they "want" or any home at all in the area with the money they received.

It is just another con against the working class.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 4-5-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addendum

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
@AOC has added an addendum green message ................

“"I am SHOOK, like honestly, gardening, FOOD-- that comes out of dirt… it's Like magic " ~ @AOC ]

Wait, did she put water on those plants? Like from the TOILET?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: gallop

Can any of you that consider that video dumb please explain why they think it is dumb?

What I am more concerned about, is how you DON'T...

Obviously I'm a dummy, can you please explain to my dumb ass what exactly or specifically point out the content was dumb?

Yes..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't actually think it is an act, I think she has never been involved in having a garden and was surprised how things grow. That is a common reaction of an eight year old...How old is she supposed to be? And here I was saying that Democrats were acting like three year olds. I was five years off.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
O look .. another AOC thread ...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because, AOC is in it and has made a complete fool of herself in the past.

A shining example of the the Dunning–Kruger effect here ...

edit on 2019 5 04 by incoserv because: added video.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, but it's a common science thing in grade school to grow a bean plant. I thought everyone did it. You know ... the teacher gives you the talk about how plants need sunlight, water, soil. Everyone puts their bean in a little white cup with potting mix, dumps in some water and carefully everyone lines them up on a window sill and then ... little bean plants grow. MAGIC!

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, but it's a common science thing in grade school to grow a bean plant. I thought everyone did it. You know ... the teacher gives you the talk about how plants need sunlight, water, soil. Everyone puts their bean in a little white cup with potting mix, dumps in some water and carefully everyone lines them up on a window sill and then ... little bean plants grow. MAGIC!

They have an environmental program here in the schools and in that class they teach kids how to garden. They started that about five years ago, it is in the upper grades of school, it is required. They could not get the funding to teach kids to garden so they made gardening part of the class. I think it is great they are doing that now, the kids love the experience. When AOC went to school that did not exist, neither did it when I was in school.

I remember when I was in ninth grade science class, we had to take the heart out of a frog. My class was about one in the afternoon, we put it into a solution and mine was still beating till about eleven in the morning, the others all quit beating. I was actually going to go into medicine to be a surgeon, but dropped out of college back in 73, I had people who were going to pay for all of my medical school, but I did not like what I was seeing in the field. I was going in it to help people but most of the medical students were going into it for money and prestige. I never have really liked to be rich or have prestige, I did not fit in well with the vast majority of the class.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I would not say it is dump, more childish then anything. OK OK, its not very practical, which I suppose is a nice way to say its stupid. But it is not practical. Interpretations may vary.

But have you seen the other video the other team put out in saving the world or even running it? Ya you didn't, because they did not make one. And if they did there likely pulling # out here asses as well, and them with there highly paid army of know it alls. Be assured that it can be pulled apart for its many stupidities at a whim as well.

The only question I would have, is why did not somebody inform her of all that you wrote about earlier? Maybe they could have put out a better video? But then again whats in a short vid anyways, and one aimed at kids at that. May as well discuss barneys the dinosours economic principles in the run around, because both are not targeted at anything but a hype and hu rah. Like they kind the cheerleaders would lead kids in high-schools some years ago.

Were you people really expecting something better to come out of all that? Do you know the chances of that? Quite literally astronomical, no matter how you structure it all.

But!

Lets face it there have been other civilizations and groups who have run on nothing but pure ignorance and got far, for instance pretty much all the other generations that came before this one, and every other ism ever invented in human history. Would you dispute those numbers? That they are not effective? Can you remember the stupid # you all thought when you were just some bright eye kid coming out of the factories known as education system?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers right? It is the single most effective tool for change. Well maybe not, more like 7th or but close enough. Not yet in the double digits.

What a choice we have here! On one side, we have a a bunch of old farts, who are way past there prime, and well to tell it frankly and older more grumpy version of there younger self's, and well? About as useful as a bag of rocks. And on the other side, frank hopeful optimism bordering on pure blind ignorance, which is a recipe for chaos.

May as well flip a coin on that, and let gravity decide.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Well thanks for giving it's go...

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Can any of you that consider that video dumb please explain why they think it is dumb?

Honest answer.

Her video reminded me of this cartoon.

Fair enough, change is scary.
edit on 5-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Honest answer.

Her video reminded me of this cartoon.

Fair enough, change is scary.

No, I don't think you understand. . . .

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
AOC is behaving as a leader should. This is not a pie in the sky, whimsical call to action, but rather acknowledgement that mankind is facing utter catastrophe should it not take immediate action. AOC bases this on expert scientific opinion spurred by this report...

Catastrophic Climate Change 12 Years Ahead

Of course, mankind can continue along our path of doing nothing. That is why we created the Darwin award. The sad part, however, is that we have to drag along a great number of other species in our foolishness as we destroy ourselves, the process that is already well under way, known as the Sixth Mass Extinction...

The Sixth Mass Extinction

So, rather than bash AOC, you might want to join in for a call to action. You do have family and friends with offspring, who will have offspring, who will have offspring... don't you? Or do you simply not care about what the future looks like for others?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
AOC is behaving as a leader should. This is not a pie in the sky, whimsical call to action, but rather acknowledgement that mankind is facing utter catastrophe should it not take immediate action. AOC bases this on expert scientific opinion spurred by this report...

Catastrophic Climate Change 12 Years Ahead

Of course, mankind can continue along our path of doing nothing. That is why we created the Darwin award. The sad part, however, is that we have to drag along a great number of other species in our foolishness as we destroy ourselves, the process that is already well under way, known as the Sixth Mass Extinction...

The Sixth Mass Extinction

So, rather than bash AOC, you might want to join in for a call to action. You do have family and friends with offspring, who will have offspring, who will have offspring... don't you? Or do you simply not care about what the future looks like for others?

It’s easier for folks on here to bash women, because that’s the only way they can express their inferiority.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Exactly how is the United States supposed to save the entire world? I'd tell AOC to get over to China and school them first. Once they're on board, and at least caught up to where the U.S. is now as far as pollution control we can get started. That should take what- about 10-20 years? Oops, too late!

The good part about all of this is that Cortez has put her own expiration date on her political career. Twelve years from now she'll be a sad joke, if she lasts that long (not likely).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join