originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Can any of you that consider that video dumb please explain why they think it is dumb?
Well, let's see...in broad categories...
1) She casts herself as the main character in this fantasy. The first chapter in "saving the world" was when she was elected to Congress in 2018.
2) She establishes her "enemies of the people" very early on...because the good guys (the AOC Cult) must have bad guys to fight against to justify all
of the human carnage to follow. It is the evil Forces of Carbon who knew "the truth", but decided to destroy the world while making themselves rich
3) The grand utopia was, in her future history, unseeable and unattainable until non-white people arrived in the "halls of power" and enacted the
complete overhaul of the unjust and suicidal world created by the non-non-white people who occupied those halls previously (no mention of the fact
that the largest polluters in the world are actually from people-of-colour countries). Using racism as an argument is ulgly, no matter how pretty you
make the cartoons.
4) Then, wonderfully, magically, everyone fell in line...stopped what they were doing and became ant-like warriors of the environment. Oil and gas
workers stopped laying pipe, and began reclaiming wetlands - and for the same pay as before (more magic!). Jobs were abundant, as everyone toiled to
rebuild everything everywhere...no word of where all of the materials and goods came from, or the carbon inputs required to produce them, or by what
means they all arrived so that the happy masses could construct this new world. Naivety, Cortez is thy name!
5) And, of course, all people everywhere were suddenly able to get free health care, and livable wages (whether or not they work), and affordable
housing (green housing no doubt which rose - at any expense - from the raised remains of the dirty houses that sat there before AOC rode in on her
white Amtrac). It is worth pointing out that, if it were even possible to retrofit or replace every structure in the United States in 12 years (which
it is not) the manpower needed to do this would be so immense that people would have to be literally drafted to perform this manual labour...there
could be no freedom allowed to decide to do something else, or nothing at all!
6) Not only armies of low skilled workers (forced labour, let's be honest here), but armies of engineers, architects, electricians, inspectors,
carpenters, etc., etc. Training these highly skilled people takes time and resources (especially if you need hundreds of thousands of them very
quickly)...so much for getting things done in 12 years. In order to try to get this all organized, you would have to break all of the component parts
of it down into coordinated tasks with inflexible timeframes...you know like 3-Year Plans that the entire population must adhere to. Of course, there
will be no time for discussion or dissension - we are saving the world after all - negativity or resistance will have to be dealt with severely!
7) No (or inadequate) technology, no problem! Manufacturing processes that will leave massive carbon footprints, during the so-called critical
period, as large as what is hoped to be saved thereafter (so the entire exercise would be moot anyway, if AOC is to be believed), no problem! Not
enough money in the entire world to do what she claims can be done, no problem (rampant inflation to follow all of the money printing that would need
to take place to "fund" the fantasy).
8) The United States has a population of 325 million...so about 4% of the world's population. The U.S. GDP is about $20 trillion...so about 25% of
global GDP (impressive enough). It is childish to believe that if America embarked on this crash program - while 96% of the world's population, and
75% of global economic activity, continued on more or less as it is now, that America's efforts would somehow fix the so-called Climate Change crisis.
America's rivals, like China, Russia, Iran and others would be more than happy to watch the United States destroy itself while on a fool's errand.
If you need even more reasons why AOC, and this socialist propoganda cartoon she narrated, is "dumb" let me know...
edit on 4-5-2019 by mobiusmale because: typo