It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Rate Drops to 3.6%

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: The witching hour is getting worse

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I was one of the people. Still am. Apparently it's not fashionable to care about fiat currency, spending and debt.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And economists said it was from min wage laws across the states.

We also have the highest levels of debt per expansion in history.

The highest levels of personal debt.

And the largest national debt.

Loan defaults are starting...

How is it from minimum wage laws, when most businesses would rather build a kiosk than employ someone for $15?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Is it reoccurring? Or was it for that year.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Is it reoccurring? Or was it for that year.

Biggest increase in 10 years.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

For 2 years we have had growth in wage? while having the highest national debt in 10 years and the highest personal debt and debt to income ratios.

That doesnt make you think about the metrics a little?

edit on 3-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

So those laws were passed by a Republican Congress and later signed by a Republican president. Plenty of scumbags across the aisle made money on misfortune.

End of story.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I don't think we can fix the debt. No one running has even talked about fixing it. At least none that I have heard. If we truly did try to fix it, there would be some serious financial pain. Plenty to go around.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I want a puppy, but my wife won't let me get one. She is mean.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Of course. That is the point. You could do it over decades with people who actually care about the future but I get that is not a reality at this point.

My point is let's at least stop calling Bernie Sanders a kook. Pretty much everyone has caved to the government injecting money into people's bad decisions in the economy. Bernie says it out loud. Others do it when shtf and it's too big to fail.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: DBCowboy

I want a puppy, but my wife won't let me get one. She is mean.

She is mean. I'm sorry.

I'll give you a puppy.

Everyone should have a puppy.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So those laws were passed by a Republican Congress and later signed by a Republican president. Plenty of scumbags across the aisle made money on misfortune.

End of story.

Ok source please. I can handle the truth.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Ok I doubt it.

It started in the late 90's when Clinton's HUD secretary began lowering mortgage denial rates.

1997: Mortgage denial rate of 29 percent for conventional home purchase loans.[24]

July: The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997repealed the Section 121 exclusion and section 1034 rollover rules, and replaced them with a $500,000 married/$250,000 single exclusion of capital gains on the sale of a home, available once every two years.[25] This encouraged people to buy more expensive first homes, as well as invest in second homes and investment properties.

July: President Clinton's Housing Urban Development (HUD) Secretary, Andrew Cuomo announces on July 29, 1999 - ACTION TO PROVIDE $2.4TRILLION IN MORTGAGES FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR 28.1 MILLION FAMILIES

2001: US Federal Reserve lowers Federal funds rate eleven times, from 6.5% to 1.75%.[40]

2002: Annual home price appreciation of 10% or more in California, Florida, and most Northeastern states."Annual home-value growth at highest rate since 1980". Retrieved 2008-10-06.

June 17: President G.W. Bush sets goal of increasing minority home owners by at least 5.5 million by 2010 through tax credits, subsidies and a Fannie Mae commitment of $440 billion to establish NeighborWorks America with faith-based organizations.[41]

December: President Bush signs the American Dream Downpayment Act to be implemented under the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The goal was to provide a maximum downpayment assistance grant of either $10,000 or six percent of the purchase price of the home, whichever was greater. In addition, the Bush Administration committed to reforming the homebuying process that would lower closing costs by approximately $700 per loan. It was said it would further stimulate homeownership for all Americans.[44]

HUD increased Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac affordable-housing goals for next four years, from 50 percent to 56 percent, stating they lagged behind the private market; from 2004 to 2006, they purchased $434 billion in securities backed by subprime loans.[21]

October 2004: SEC effectively suspends net capital rule for five firms - Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and Morgan Stanley. Freed from government-imposed limits on the debt they can assume, they levered up 20, 30 and even 40 to 1.[

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Convenient all in one location reading on the subject.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This includes:

Part-time employment: Employment of someone for less than full-time so employer doesn't have to pay full benefits.

Casual employment: Where the employee is on call and paid whenever the employer needs them to work - employee gets no benefits and few hours of work.

Professionals working in service jobs - fast food, waiters and waitresses, bartenders, Uber, Lyft, retail sales, etc.

I wonder haw many of those 96.4 % have a real job?

If you remove government employment and military, which accounts for about 5% and the above employment at about 6% to 7% that kicks the rate unemployment rate up to 15% to 17%.
edit on 3-5-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier
Wiki lied a bit here and left out who was pushing this didn't it? We cannot trust Wiki if it is the least bit a chance to be political can we? Not just no but HELL NO!

The D's were in charge of the Congress. Bush is a member of the Criminal Cabal we all called him a NEOCON, or now we say RINO. He played the R' base like a fiddle. So I doubt you will get it as you stated.

IT was Freddie and Fanny Mae that the Dem and Gay Congressman Barney Frank from Taxachusetts whose boy friend ran those if I recall in the ground.

edit on 3-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You can cross reference the Bill's and acts established in the timeline.

Bush was the GOP puppet. Congress during Clinton was Republican when the laws started loosening up it wasn't only his HUD sec. It was also Bush's. It was popular and the Democrats had Republican bipartisan signatures. amd.freddie and the banking committees were Republican under Clinton when the laws began changing to let everyone qualify.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The US unemployment rate is the lowest it has been in 49 years.

I get a kick out of this.

You understand this rate doesn't include anyone who had gone through their Unemployment funding, but still doesn't have a job, right?

Those people are now on Welfare.

It does not mean only 3.6% of people don't have jobs.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If you do not Have a Job Today in May , 2019 , you are a Useless Eater , and should be SHAMED ............

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

What happened was we got a president who unlike the last 3 knew that when you had trade agreements you should get something out of the deal to . Remember Clintons steaming pile hafta or Obama's tpp well one of first things Trump did was stop top from happening to us and then he got us mostly out of hafta both of which severely tied our hands with dealing with foreign trade . Trump made us able to leverage tariffs to stop unfair trade with countries like China who are flooding our markets with subpar goods and to make manufacturing in places like Mexico and the developing world look less attractive to American companies because the goods they building outta country may be subject to import tariffs that negate the lower cost of cheap foreign labor. Our manufacturing base had a mass exodus decades ago thanks to morons in gov and because unions were given way to much power.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You can cross reference the Bill's and acts established in the timeline.

Bush was the GOP puppet. Congress during Clinton was Republican when the laws started loosening up it wasn't only his HUD sec. It was also Bush's. It was popular and the Democrats had Republican bipartisan signatures. amd.freddie and the banking committees were Republican under Clinton when the laws began changing to let everyone qualify.

Believe me when I say, that BS right there is the UNIPARTY and EVERYTHING is OWNED by the D's.

Gangrene I called Newt, was that last one to hold the line on Balancing the Budget and he was a prick about it. Bush had D' leadership in Congress.
When Obama had it too they did NOTHING they claimed to be about including protecting the border claim they were discussing as SOOOO important ad naseum.

If you are not willing to admit it was D controlled, fine. Have a good day living in that BS.
edit on 4-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join