It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Rate Drops to 3.6%

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you use it to fuel personal growth you won't be carrying the debt like the figures I am talking about. When I buy a CNC I use credit and make sure to pay it off before the interest creates a situation where the machine is not earning enough to pay down debt.

I am not sure you understand what kind of economy we have and what would happen to growth if Americans started saving money and the government stopped printing it.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I know the fed creates something close but no need to go all the way and think a credit extension based economy where most Americans are in debt without real wealth is a good economy.

Welcome to the largest consumer based society in the world. People can not live within their means even when it is 5 or 10 times the average world definition of middle class. Do you know why I drink 24 year old scotch and smoke 20 dollar cigars, its because I can afford it. If I couldn't then I wouldn't buy them. Most Americans do not understand this and go deep in debt at a point they can never get out of. People have no clue how hard it is to pay off even 10,000 at 15% interest with a 50k a year gross pay check.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No, I won't, because I am not the typical moronic American. I am in my 40s and before now have never had any debt whatsoever outside my house, which has always been worth much more than the associated mortgage.

The fact remains Americans build up more debt when the economic outlook is good, like it is now.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Nope. The fact is we create a fake economy by pumping in printed money for cheap and easy loans.

It always looks great when you have the loan money. When it comes to pay is the problem.

By the way if you are a good investor you buy right now protections for the crash that is surely coming when "the other morons" cant pay back their new cars or houses.

My point is a good economy is one where at least a majority of the middle class has more wealth than debt and the government is spending at least equal what it makes every few years. It's not one everyone gets free money (easy loans) and then defaults when a hiccup happens. Or the next dictator pops off and startles the market.
edit on 3-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Bottom line;

More people are working, earning money and fewer people are reliant on government to support them.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

When I am done with my education it's a 100% guarantee to get a job for large sums of money. Every program in the nation I have seen has a 100% job hire rate in 6 months. Realistically it's 100% you have a job before you even graduate. You don't compete, the employer competes to hire you, some offer huge cash incentives just to take the position.
edit on 3-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I know the fed creates something close but no need to go all the way and think a credit extension based economy where most Americans are in debt without real wealth is a good economy.

Welcome to the largest consumer based society in the world. People can not live within their means even when it is 5 or 10 times the average world definition of middle class. Do you know why I drink 24 year old scotch and smoke 20 dollar cigars, its because I can afford it. If I couldn't then I wouldn't buy them. Most Americans do not understand this and go deep in debt at a point they can never get out of. People have no clue how hard it is to pay off even 10,000 at 15% interest with a 50k a year gross pay check.

I totally agree and once you see the game it's easier to play.

However it's a fact the morons spending beyond their means also make the economy expand so fast. The problem is when it's both the morons in government and the morons I the public devastating inflation bombs can happen in default chains where heavy printing of money is needed.

This then screws the savers and planners of they invested heavy in the us economy in traditional ways. So it is a concern when conservatives ignore debt and balance imo. We need at least two points of view on taxation so it's not ideal to have two spenders.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Bottom line;

More people are working, earning money and fewer people are reliant on government to support them.

That isn't true at all. Since the government is injecting money the economy itself is on the dole.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Bottom line;

That isn't true at all. Since the government is injecting money the economy itself is on the dole.

Are more people working?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, unemployment is down, and employment rate is up. That's a fact. Average wage had the biggest increase in history 2016-2017 according to SSA.gov.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When I am done with my education it's a 100% guarantee to get a job for large sums of money. Every program in the nation I have seen has a 100% job hire rate in 6 months. Realistically it's 100% you have a job before you even graduate. You don't compete, the employer competes to hire you, some offer huge cash incentives just to take the position.

I tell my son that if employers are not talking you by your junior year then you are most likely in a degree program that does not align with business and so expect nothing better than head fryer at BK no matter what the college tells you...lol

What is your program and what do you consider huge sums of money our of college?

edit on 3-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yes, unemployment is down, and employment rate is up. That's a fact. Average wage had the biggest increase in history 2016-2017 according to SSA.gov.

So more people working, is more people earning money.

I think that is good.

Less people working means less people making money.

I think that is bad.

Forgive the snark in my post, it was meant for others.
edit on 3-5-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I wonder how the 8 years under Obama skewed these numbers with the rather large percentage of people underpaid as they were forced out of their career positions to work low paying jobs to make ends meet? Many are now back into career positions and so rather huge increase in pay.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Bottom line;

Are more people working?

Possibly? Depends how many new employees never had their first job and how long that trend has been going on.

Also working on what? Is that job reliant that someone over extends the easy credit we are moving into?

Do you suddenly believe in the printing press economy? Yeah you can do great things when you pump money at it from a magic machine. What happens if you stop socializing the economy?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Depending on what state I live in $200k starting, guaranteed, no overtime, working 3 days a week. I plan to live in a lower wage state in the South, so starting pay right now is $160-170k there.
edit on 3-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So is more people working, making money bad?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Do you think it's that simple? No I dont think the employment numbers show any major change. Obama had 4.2 supposedly but was given 10 when he started...the Iraq mess and spending credit crunch we didn't seem to learn from happened.

So no not impressed until we stop spending more than we make as a society. Sorry. Guess I am old school.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Obama inherited his party's mess. I have little sympathy. Now I have no delusions that the Republicans could not have caused it, but the facts are the Democrats did.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The Democrats and Republicans caused it. Who controlled Congress and who signed onto the housing programs?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sorry, you are welcome to go back to 2004 and on and hear the Bush Whitehouse and Republican Congressmen say we are going to have a financial collapse, and the Democrats (championed by my state's very own Barney Frank) refused to do anything and doubled down on their failed housing entitlement policies.

If Republican's found a way to exploit housing to get votes they would have done it too, Democrats simply beat them to the punch, so they get to own it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join