It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Jobs Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So the numbers are somewhat staggering:

Record jobs for Hispanics
Best for women since 1953
Great for high school dropouts
Average wage at $27.77hour
Lowest unemployment in 49 years
3.2% GDP growth for the quarter.

apnews.com...

So, I expect more collusion grand standing....the left won't handle this well...especially going into 2020!

Oh, and Trump hits 50% approval rating.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
So the numbers are somewhat staggering:

Record jobs for Hispanics
Best for women since 1953
Great for high school dropouts
Average wage at $27.77hour
Lowest unemployment in 49 years
3.2% GDP growth for the quarter.

apnews.com...

So, I expect more collusion grand standing....the left won't handle this well...especially going into 2020!

Oh, and Trump hits 50% approval rating.

The real problem is conservatives no longer care about the actual reality of the economy and suddenly believe the same fake numbers obama used.

Let's face it we spend at least 5 percent more than the entire GDP on debt and the public consumer debt reaches historic levels every month.

The economy is totally propped up on money nobody actually has. That is not a good thing.

So sure we are creating jobs by over extending our financial stability and borrowing money.

Debt is between 105 to 108 percent of the gdp.

Consumers are spurring job growth spending money they dont have. So is the government. It's called a bubble economy.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

People working 3 jobs to make ends meet is not a good thing.

Compared to 2006, we have a long ways to go:

Employment–popu lation ratio

But if Trump is your cult of personality then more power to you.

"I want to talk right down to Earth in language everyone can understand"

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It was entertaining watching the left media cable news pundits, anchors, commentators/panelists etc, stutter, stammer and try to spin all of this good news negatively, often beginning with "yeah, but..." this morning.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Our company records the last 4 quarters when it's supposed to be slowing down. Great bonus and pay raise. Almost feel bad about retiring

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
It was entertaining watching the left media cable news pundits, anchors, commentators/panelists etc, stutter, stammer and try to spin all of this good news negatively, often beginning with "yeah, but..." this morning.

Turns out trump is just as good at printing money as a liberal.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Work force participation is the best it has been in 10 years.

And I work 3 jobs, 1 full time and 2 part time...I am working hard now so I can be set later in life. I worked hard from a pt job in fast food to the chief engineer and network manager for 7 radio stations...I am working even harder so I can buy my own.

That is what makes America great...not giving lazy folks a pass and money cause of feelings.

Life is what you make of it.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Workforce participation has been declining. It was 67 percent in 2001. Is now 62 percent. It's been stable at around 62 percent for about 5 years.

The fact our national debt is 105-108 percent of the gdp and Americans are in personal debt is proof the economy is being propped by credit.

It's a classic bubble. Good time to check your gold when everyone thinks it's awesome and is taking out loans they cant pay back (because the government is loosening loan regulations again)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The real problem is conservatives no longer care about the actual reality of the economy and suddenly believe the same fake numbers obama used.

Me and my wife saw an explosion of pay increases under Trump. I got more pay increase in 1 year under Trump than I did in 8 of Obama. My wife saw a 40% pay increase in 2 years under Trump.

Due to this explosion in wealth I am finally finishing school, and by the end of Trump's 8 years our wage increase will be 300%.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Declining? It's the highest it has been since the Democrats destroyed the housing market and destroyed our economy. It is not declining, it is increasing.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: luthier

Declining? It's the highest it has been since the Democrats destroyed the housing market and destroyed our economy. It is not declining, it is increasing.

You do realize trump is loosening loan applications processes and allowing under qualified people (like the dems did) and is tweeting about using quantitative easing?

Yeah when you pump fake money in you get results. And by the way Job participation has been 62 percent for 5 years. Before trumps first term the bubble will break unless he stimulates it with fake money (like today where our debt is 108 percent of gdp)

The real story is most Americans have no savings and are creating growth through credit. No way around that one.

It's a bubble. Buy some gold because I admire people who work hard while the iron is hot.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Trump economy beats the hell out of cash for clunkers.

join