It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats and Old Guard Media Smoochie-Smoochie

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
While doing a little research on the Democrats and their close smoochie-smoochie with the ‘old guard media’, I came across this little nugget. The Democrat Party has controlled the main stream media for decades it seems.

They snap their fingers and say ‘jump’, and the old guard media says, “how high?”.

Remember Senator Ted Kennedy? The Democrats always held him up as some kind of saint. Maybe it was because he was one of the patriarchs of the famous Kennedy family. Or, maybe it’s because he played dirty games so well.

But, we all know his sordid history. Not that he didn’t do some decent things while senator, but the man was no saint. That’s for sure.

The following nuggets came from some documents that were opened in the early nineties from the old Soviet archives regarding Senator Ted Kennedy and his efforts to use the Soviets to influence American policy and elections.

In 1980, Saint Ted Kennedy, who was trying to defeat incumbent President Jimmy Carter in the Democratic primary, sent former Senator John Tunney to meet with the KGB in an attempt to sabotage American foreign policy.

According to documents later unearthed in the Soviet archives, Kennedy offered to condemn Carter’s policy toward the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan in exchange for KGB help.

www.dailyprogress.com... html

Jimmy Carter tried it, too. The article, written by Michael Reagan, explains:

Trailing Ronald Reagan in the polls, he sent his pal, industrialist Armand Hammer, to meet with Soviet ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin.

Hammer asked the Soviets to help Carter win Jewish votes in key states by allowing Jewish “refuseniks” in the USSR to emigrate to Israel.

The Russkies rejected Hammer’s request. But in 1984 Carter himself went to Ambassador Dobrynin to ask for help in getting my father un-elected, as did Speaker of the House, Saint Tip O'Neill.

The Democrats use projection expertly. What they have been doing corruptly, they project onto the other side when they begin to lose the people’s confidence. It’s a dirty trick and the Dems are very adept at it.

This whole ‘Russia Collusion’ nonsense was, imo, projection by the Democrat Party. In order to push it convincingly, however, they needed the Old Guard Media’s cooperation…and they got it! They got it nightly, daily, on all the channels, in the legacy print papers, in online articles. The American people were bombarded with the lie every day.

I don’t want to make this OP too long. My point is that the Media magnates seem to play the tune the Democrat Party requests, and to play it as loud and and as long as they are told. They did it then, and they did it now.

In a Forbes article written by Peter Robinson in 2009, “Ted Kennedy’s Soviet Gambit”, this paragraph shed some light about the media’s willingness to always play the tune of the Democrats:

If the proposal is recognized as worthy, then Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. ... The senator underlined the importance that this initiative should be seen as coming from the American side."

Kennedy would make certain the networks gave Andropov air time--and that they rigged the arrangement to look like honest journalism.

www.forbes.com...

The time has come to investigate THOROUGHLY the old guard media. We didn’t know any better back then during Ted Kennedy’s era, but we do now. We The People can no longer count on the legacy media to tell us the truth. They have been compromised for a very long time. We have lost our naivety. They knew they were lying about The Russian Collusion yet they continued to push it. Why? Who directed it?
edit on 3-5-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Clowns

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As someone recently said, "We are now the news".

We have to dig for ourselves, examine facts like we’ve never done before, learn how to rationally and objectively analyze the so-called ‘news’.

Thank goodness the complicity in the Big Russia Collusion Lie by the Media has been exposed. They KNEW they were lying and deceiving the American People, but that was evidently their orders from whomever runs the corrupt Democrat cabal of crooks.

I hope to goodness we get to the bottom of the Media scam on the American People. It's one thing to make an honest mistake, correct it appropriately, and carry on. But, when they KNOWINGLY precipitated the big lie, this is corruption and criminality perpetrated on the American People.

This should not be allowed to find cover under the First Amendment. That is not what the 1A was/is for.

edit on 3-5-2019 by queenofswords because: grammar correction

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Freedom of the press to any one who owns one. Republicans have more money than Democrats.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the great OP. Very informative.

I watched Cnn for all my news in the 90s and during the Iraq war and expected and believed they were reporting honestly. I used to have a lot of respect for Wolf Blitzer..Anderson Cooper and Brian Williams among others at NBC.

I keep hoping one day the ones i always thought were honest, decent people reporting fairly (Wolf Blitzer) will stand up for American values and apologize for misleading viewers, but i know it won't happen because they never were honest, decent, fair journalists to begin with.

Shame on all of them.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So you don't dispute its wrong for them to knowingly lie through what is supposed to be fact based reporting...and your defense of it is that republicans should just do it too. Cause you know 2 wrongs something something not right...

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I hear you. CNN was the go-to in those days. It is how we were "trained".

I haven't turned on CNN since my New Year's Resolution in 2017 not to watch their bs. I have to endure snippets of their lies and distortions when other news stations play them, but I have not flipped to their channel in over two years now. I will admit I have read some of their stories on their website when directed there, but I always have my guard up.

It truly is a shame that they hide behind the 1A to spout their misinformation. But, lots of folks are starting to "hear" with "hearing ears" and "see" with "seeing eyes".

I think some of them that knowingly were complicit in The Big Russia Collusion Lie will be prosecuted. It is one thing to be tricked, but another to purposely spread lies to the American People to benefit one political party and cover up crimes for them.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

AG Barr didn't rule out prosecuting the media. There are a few that are deeply involved in the coup attempt. Michael Isikoff is one. If there is any justice these traitors will also be charged as conspirators to overthrow the President.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

AG Barr didn't rule out prosecuting the media. There are a few that are deeply involved in the coup attempt. Michael Isikoff is one. If there is any justice these traitors will also be charged as conspirators to overthrow the President.

I absolutely think some of them will be prosecuted.

It will be a sticky effort to bring them to court because they DO hide behind the First Amendment. But, Barr is exceptionally smart and qualified. What some of these Media people did is unconscionable because, not only was it done to innocent individuals, but it was done to the American People.

If I was a person that had voted in 2018 for a House rep based on what the news media was lying about the POTUS (Russia Russia Russia), and I had decided to vote in a damned Dem as my rep, I would be very angry.

I wonder if THE PEOPLE that were swayed by the media complicity in the Lie have grounds for a class action lawsuit? I wonder if that is even possible. A first time for everything!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Um, Fox is "old guard media" too.

The over abundance of "lefty" media though, the lopsided ratio, is some formula that the social engineer think tank whatevers have cooked up to keep the populace at a 50-50 "liberal" vs "conservative" outcome.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I wouldn't call Fox News 'old guard'. They didn't start till 1996, and as far as the Russia Collusion Lie goes, their reporting and the investigative journalists that appear on their programs, have proven to be top of the line and over and above all the rest as far as being "fair and balanced", thorough and accurate.

We were conditioned years ago to think CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and print media like NYT and WaPo were the benchmarks. Little did we know. We KNOW now though!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think the idea that the gov is two entities is rediculous.

The Whitehouse tells the press what to report.

Including looking biased so it looks like "the other half" is the savor from "the bad half"

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I agree to some extent, but disagree about today's media exploits.

The legacy media, the old guard outfits, have turned into a political mouthpiece for the Democrat Party regardless of who is in the White House. I would call it incestuous, and together they seek complete POWER. That power structure and web needs to be unraveled and examined.

As President Trump said, "this should never happen to another president".

Together with the complicit media, some bad actors tried to bring our president down, and they used the same tactics that the Dems have been using for decades (see the OP). The only difference this time, is We The People, or, at least some of us, figured it out, and saw it for what it was.

Also, some non-mainstream investigative journalists and dogged Republican congressmen and still-honest military people decided this crap was NOT going to happen under their watch, and they spoke out and worked hard to bring what was in the darkness to light.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Freedom of the press to any one who owns one. Republicans have more money than Democrats.

Except that this has very little to do with money, it has more to do with who is married to who. Take a look at who some of the listed media executives are married to. Remember how the Clintons kid got that sweet intern deal after graduation. Why pay money when you just need to do is ask for a "favor'.
edit on 3-5-2019 by hangedman13 because: misspelling

edit on 3-5-2019 by hangedman13 because: missing words

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well, we will have to agree to disagree.

The obvious bias, and now they put forward the hair sniffer, they want Trump re-elected.

It's too obvious.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think you are on to something with that last post.

They may be forcing us to vote R and DJT because only a fool would vote D after what all the DNC and their clowns have done.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Well, we will have to agree to disagree.

The obvious bias, and now they put forward the hair sniffer, they want Trump re-elected.

It's too obvious.

Or maybe they just don't want Biden.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When these documents were revealed in 1991 when the Soviet Central Committee archives were opened, researchers from all over the West descended on Moscow to "plow through the treasure trove of previously classified official documents". spectator.org...

One of these researchers was Tim Sebastian of the London Times. In those archives he found a letter from 1983 marked
“Special Importance” and bearing the heading “Regarding Senator Kennedy’s request to the General Secretary of the Communist Party Y. V. Andropov.”

Wow! You would think our American media would be all over this. Surely, they would be interested in laying bare this plot to use the Soviets to influence Americans against a sitting president and to affect our elections! Surely the NEWS would report such a slimy underhanded, if not treasonous, effort by a current senator!

But no....not one touched it. Sad, really.....a far cry from their "breathless, non-stop coverage" of a non-existent collusion by our current president.

it is astonishing that not one media organization saw fit to ask these questions or to even report the discovery of this explosive document. And the fact that it has remained unreported by the mainstream media all of these years is itself a scandal and quite telling.

The media’s failure to even report or discuss the discovery and contents of Chebrikov’s letter is but one more example of their dishonesty. The fact that they have ignored this story should tell us all that we need to know about their integrity, fairness, and allegiance to the truth. How many more examples of their blatant bias and duplicity do we need before we completely discount all of their reportage as nothing more than progressive agitprop and propaganda?

spectator.org...

edit on 5-5-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Complete agreement, and honestly without some kind of understanding in psychology and the projection you speak of, most average busy Americans who tune in to try and get the facts,
won’t understand at all what’s going on without the behind the scenes information such as what you’re sharing.

Chris + Andrew Cuomo is a great example.
One a big media head for CNN, one governs NY. Two brothers yielding a lot of power, yet no one bats an eye at the conflict of interest or fact that there’s so many ties like that, it’s unlikely to be coincidence or accident.

I personally feel as though family dynasties and bloodline privileges are presented as outdated and irrelevant, by this same mainstream media/and characterized in Hollywood as fictional drama, and it’s purposeful deception about the continued relevance and control that it does have.

Did you know that one of the very first worldwide broadcasts on television, was the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II?

Tv was invented to project their worldview right into the seemingly independent free lives we believed we were living.

new topics

top topics

join