It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Division won't stop now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Seems like the political polarization is far from its end, and we're just getting started. We still have the FISA declass, which will show of the investigation was rigged from the start or not, we still have 12 (or 14) criminal referrals to be executed, investigations about leaking classified information to the press in order to maintain the narrative, etc...

This is the summary of what happened in the past 3 years, in everyone's vision.

To the Trump supporters:

Obama and his team thought Hillary would win, since they have the majority of the MSM support, the polls were in her favor and the word on da street was that Trump was a racist, homophobic and a white supremacist.

Then, when they saw Trump could hit the White House, they launched an "insurance policy", which was to implement spies in the campaign tied to the Kremlin, to later accuse him, in case he had won, of conspiring with the Russians to sway the election.

To the Trump haters and/or far-leftists:

Putin has/had dirty on Trump, probably a tape of him being peed on by Russians hookers as well, then he is acting as Putin's puppet, even tough Russia and the U.S. are currently in a second cold war due to nuclear threats and imminent proxy wars.

Nothing can justify Trump having won the election if not by that. It's not possible that many Americans would chose a racist and homophonic white old male as their President. It had to be a white old shemale that supports woman, LGBTQ and communism.

Now this is what is currently happening:

To the Trump supporters:

Obama ordered an illegal spy on Trump's campaign and got caught. # is hitting the fan now and this what you're seeing is panic in D.C, rats jumping the ship, all that stuff.

To the Trump haters:

Trump appointed an AG to cover his crimes of obstructing justice, even tho there was no crime to obstruct, and even tho Mueller was the one responsible for the investigation.

He should obviously be impeached because he TRIED to obstruct the investigation ordering his cabinet members to stop the BS that was taking place against him and his family.

It makes sense, doesn't it, fellow leftists? /sarc

I hope you're pursuing the truth looking at the evidence and deciding for yourself, instead of listening to the talking points the media is trying to feed you.

I'm biased at this point to speak because having been on the both sides of the narrative, I can now reach to a conclusion of what really happened. I just hope we all can reach the same conclusion after all this ends.
edit on 3/5/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It makes sense, doesn't it, fellow leftists? /sarc I hope you're pursuing the truth looking at the evidence and deciding for yourself, instead of listening to the talking points the media is trying to feed you.

Naw , their neighbors and CNN has to tell em how to think
Thinking for themselves makes their heads hurt.
From a once "Proud ProgLib"
Then I grew up and informed myself....

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

From what I'm seeing, the MSM and "resisters" are 100% in denial of the blatant criminality and subversion of the Obama admin. and MSM touting false narrative of Russian Collusion (which has now been proven false).

Now Barr is looking like another Kavanaugh - a bad guy that is one of Trump's cronies that is nothing but a lying scumbag (in reality, it seems to me that he is closing in on the real criminals)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Denial is the word.

As long as the media is also saying Trump committed obstruction, the lefties will push it without even realizing it's a debunked narrative.

Unfortunately the programming was successful and people really believe Trump will bring the end of the world, along with Barr now.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So this thread is in turn perpetuating exactly what you're saying in the op.

Looks another trump vs them thread with a Das of confirmation bias.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In my day to day, people on the left say the right is evil.
People on the right say the left is stupid.
The people on the left get reeaaly upset and angry to the point of yelling when they talk about politics.
The people on the right are laughing about the absurdity.
But, that's just at my work and daily adventures.

You are right about the division, though. I've been saying for a while that it will get worse before it gets better.
I blame the media and the people who believe it.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yes.

At this point, the division is only because the left is acting stupid.

There's nothing to keep the division going anymore except for the role of the media in pushing this narrative, and the people who can't think for themselves following it.

There's no us vs. them conspiracies anymore, there's only the truth and the made up "facts". I won't bow to the lefties because they are wrong and they won't bow to us because they can't admit they're wrong. The thread is just a reminder of why we're being divided.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Every liberal I know prefers Trump over Pence. The Republican owned media and the Pence team seems to be behind the effort to impeach Trump so they can finally have a president who is not a social liberal.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Every liberal I know prefers Trump over Pence.

Every liberal I know melts down when they hear the Trump word.

The Republican owned media and the Pence team seems to be behind the effort to impeach Trump so they can finally have a president who is not a social liberal.

You mean FoxNews, and probably... I don't know... The conservative house? They are the ones trying to impeach Trump?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Do you think if you just keep repeating the same lie that someone will finally believe it ?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Just my opinion, but what we are seeing right now from the left is absolute cognitive dissonance in its purest form.

The success of the obama administration, then hillary, was the core of their world view. The basis for their entire belief system is dependent upon the knowledge that obama was great and hillary would have been even greater. If you believe that, the only way she could have lost to someone like Trump is by the most evil devious conspiracy possible.

Of course that requires ignoring the fact that obama and hillary were the ones actually conspiring to steal the election.

The left simply can not accept the fact that their savior was a failure as a POTUS and their chosen successor is an insult to the entire human race. They cant accept that their policies have resulted in disasters such as democrat strongholds like Chicago, most of the major cities in California covered in feces, tent cities of homeless who answered the call of the liberals and are still looking for that better life, and so on.

Admitting these failures means admitting everything they believe in is false and they simply can't deal with it.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Every liberal I know prefers Trump over Pence. The Republican owned media and the Pence team seems to be behind the effort to impeach Trump so they can finally have a president who is not a social liberal.

So the Republican's own the media, and the media is about 90% against Republicans. Would you mind showing some proof? Or do you just really like Turtles?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nothing you mentioned matters. All that matters is actual policies.

We need to be concentrating on preserving our rights against the Progressive insanity. Not that they should be allowed to create controversy, but at the end of the day all that matters is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

In the era of propaganda, the constitution means little when you have giant media corporations like CNN and MSNBC telling you Trump AND the AG broke the laws and people buy it.

They won't vote 2020 based on the Constitution, they'll vote based on their belief system.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

It makes sense, doesn't it, fellow leftists? /sarc I hope you're pursuing the truth looking at the evidence and deciding for yourself, instead of listening to the talking points the media is trying to feed you.

Threatening thread drift, I would really like to hear from you the policies that you used to be so ''proud'' of back in the day that you were a proud proglib. Who was it that you admired back then, who was it that in those days gave you hope. What books did you read that lead you to believe that stuff. Were there certain authors that inspired you then but now that you have grown up and really informed yourself you can now wee though their lies? What was incorrect in the books you might have read.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

In the era of propaganda,

OH yes, it certainly is...........

the constitution means little when you have giant media corporations

Oh yes, the giant media corporations do seem to be promoting the basic tenants of capitalism, make a profit by selling their product to as many people as possible regardless of the outcome, just so the profit keeps rolling in.

like CNN and MSNBC telling you Trump AND the AG broke the laws and people buy it.

Opps, Add Fox to that list, and the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Times and the New York Post and we can talk further on that issue.

They won't vote 2020 based on the Constitution, they'll vote based on their belief system.

Let's not obfuscate by omission here. Most of us from way back then to now vote based on our belief systems with little knowledge of the Constitution. And the constitution was not the perfect encapsulation of democratic self governance but rather a compromise between vying forces at that time on how to organize a new nation with what they saw as a very bright future. Those compromises allowed some ambiguity that over the decades has seen some of it being worked out by the amendments.
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 03 May 2019 13:03:54 -0500Fri, 03 May 2019 13:03:54 -050019052019-05-03T13:03:54-05:00100000003 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Gothmog

Threatening thread drift, I would really like to hear from you the policies that you used to be so ''proud'' of back in the day that you were a proud proglib. Who was it that you admired back then, who was it that in those days gave you hope. What books did you read that lead you to believe that stuff. Were there certain authors that inspired you then but now that you have grown up and really informed yourself you can now wee though their lies? What was incorrect in the books you might have read.

So , I will sum it up (I had started a reply , yet it was very lengthy
My generation helped (or actually did) bring on :
The EPA
An end to the UN induced Vietnam War (we realized the pure evilness after the Korean War)
Equal Rights
Others.
Without books.
Without outside influence
Peacefully too

What has later generations of Progressive Liberals given the US ?

new topics

top topics

join